Support for PDO?

I am looking at PDO at this time because the drying of my sinuses is starting to become a real problem. Looks as though you have had months to experiment and maybe I can pick your brain. Are you still using PDO? It appears as with cosmetics you use the same percentages you would if you were using PG (After reading on, close enough). So what blend did you decide to use (VG/PDO). Lastly, any adverse effects? Heard any health risks recently?

Here’s something you may find interesting…

https://fivepawns.com/fivepawns_vape/blog/Five-Pawns-PG-Alternative/

This is what I do when a ingredient must be deducted from the PG side of the recipe. Notice I do the same for Distilled water…

Yes, sad but true…

1 Like

@ringling I use PDO because wifey doesn’t vape and it does minimize clouds without the throat hit of PG. I don’t have any issues and in the calculator I just use the PG %/weights. I have been using for a long time with no issues. I started adding 1% Distilled Water which I believe helped with reported muting of some flavors …a problem I don’t have but have not tested scientifically. I mix 70/PDO+Flavs

2 Likes

Thanks, sounds like I’ll being trying PDO. Have you found any good sources for PDO price wise?

I got mine from Vaporbase but it’s available from Amazon. It’s used for cosmetics. Search for:
1,3 Propanediol

Vaporbase posted recently they were going to be temporarily down for moving, but I cannot hit their website http://www.liquidlabs.us/

1 Like

Sorry to bring this topic back, but I saw this post when searching for PDO in the forum and tought i could write something about my own experience. What I quoted is real… For some reason I cannot vape PG, it will give me explosive diarrhea every time i mix it to more than 20%… In the past year here in spain I saw PDO getting more and more easy to find in vape shops. I have first tried it over a year ago and since then I have never used PG again. I can mix VG 60 PDO 40% now without a problem and I have no issues with my stomach. I cant really find any difference in flavour in my liquids to be honest.
Hope it helps if somone is searching information about PDO.

5 Likes