Sweet Cream Cap vs FW ( opinions needed )

Im personally a Cap VC V1 one guy

1 Like

I have caps v1 vc which I like very much. I got it for a replacement to cap cake batter which tastes awful to me for some reason. Iā€™ve been trying to clone a strawberry cake pop juice I got from vape-box back in Jan this year. And I figured it had to be a cupcake as the cake because the cake was so light and sweet. Maybe a combo of vc and caps sc. Still trying to nail the cream down. I also ordered nonnaā€™s but am reading some people get a pine/anise flavor from it which will surely land that bottle straight in the trash :confused:

1 Like

Hmmmm i dont use Nonnas often but imo its pretty good with a slight lemon note i dont get any off flavors with it but everyone tastes different things

1 Like

I hope that is the case. I heard it had a slight lemon. Been trying to get the right amount of candied lemon for a fruity pebble crispy treat juice I have lemonade cookie, nonna, and metaphor coming to experiment with on a few different pebble bases Iā€™ve been working with.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know why I thought Vanilla Custard when reading that, you were referring to cupcake right? FW just came out with a White Cake as well, although it doesnā€™t quite have the cakey base of Vanilla Cupcake. You should try the CAP and FW Cupcakes at maybe 4/1 or 3/1.5, they make a delicious cake base combined. I usually use 3% Cap and 1.5% FW Cupcakes for a rich White Cake flavor, and it works quite well for me.

5 Likes

Yes it was vanilla cupcake. I will have to try that mix of cap and fw vc. I was comparing prices while scoping out fw white cake and saw some new additions to the fw line that I am interested in. It appears the best price is just buying them through fw directly. I usually buy through nic river but would rather get non re-bottled 4oz extract direct from fw, but mostly because NRā€™s selection of fw flavors is slim at best.

1 Like

Bull City has some of the new flavors, although, I think I want to try ordering straight from Flavor West as well, there are a few flavors that have piqued my interest that are only available through them. I just bought White Cake, Birthday Cake, Chocolate Cream Cake, and Creamy Sponge Cake, but I honestly think the Vanilla Cup Cake is somewhat a better representation of White Cake, it is definitely stronger in flavor than the White Cake

4 Likes

I tend to go with FW for Sweet Cream, Bavarian Cream and Vanilla Cupcake. CAP Vanilla Custard V1 gets my vote every time though, as I like the dikatones. As for RF(SC) I gather their creams could be better, but a lot of their flavors are excellent.