Sweet VG - Have heard it exists. Who has it?

Anyone that uses it on Amazon for nicotine liquid gives it very high reviews so they must be doing something right with the palm based product. I think I should probably do more research though.

1 Like

Yes, ED is what I’ve been using for last 6 months and think it’s good. I just got in my first order from Nicotine River and ordered some from there however, so will try it and maybe see a difference? Either way, it’s got good reviews too, so thinking it should be good too :wink:

Let me know how the Nicotine River stuff is, I have been wanting to try them!

1 Like

I just bought some from VG from Nicotine River. I like it… very sweet tasting

2 Likes

So you guys know, the VG we buy from essential depot IS palm based VG. Unless you specifically buy the SOY based VG, all of essential’s is palm. I’m not sure if people realize this or not with all the comments

1 Like

I’m beginning to think most of these companies get it from the same place.

1 Like

Why do you say that?

I read some place most of the Palm based VG in the US is actually manufactured by the same company and then distributed by various companies that buy it in huge quantities. (A big AG firm whose name I cannot remember now lol) I did notice the essential depot stuff is thinner and the stuff I just got from the Michigan company was thinner.) Does anyone know about the soy based VG? I’m reading the Soy based stuff is very sweet, almost too sweet?

1 Like

It can be confusing, because they make both a Soy based VG and a Palm based VG…I checked out an MSDS and nowhere in it mentions the Soy or Palm… I would like to think that they would clearly label their bottles…as some people do have an allergic response to soy…

3 Likes

Does anyone know what ECX sells? Is it Soy or Palm?

My gallon doesn’t state either way from previous it just says vegetable glycerin. However they’re emailing me stating they now have soy VG so it was palm all along I suppose. I still believe LB’s is smoother thinner ,tasteless. I don’t get that heavy feeling in my chest when I inhale which is one of the reasons I went hunting for a new
vg.

@Maureeenie I think you may be talking about HUMCO large company that makes AG/VG for pharmacies. I vaped their AG often taste fine to me.

2 Likes

One of the big differences I notice (for me) is that the Essential Depot was more like a thinned jelly consistency…It hangs on my pipettes during transfer to bottles and doesn’t draw into them (pipettes) as well as the VG I am using now…What I am using now (LB) is more of a syrupy liquid consistency…which translates into more accurate delivery from my bottles to my mixes… Not that ED is a bad VG…I just prefer working with the VG that I am currently using…and it does provide a smoother experience…My fruits do taste brighter IMHO…However, I have absolutely NO scientific evidence to verify anything…Ah…The JOY of DIY E-Juice mixing… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Got an email from Essential Depot today saying they’ve added Soy based VG as an option for their popular glycube special.

Don’t know if you are still looking for palm based VG in the UK? Just ordered a couple of litres of this from Go4smoke works out £7.65 a litre delivered using discount code on homepage

have you read nicotine rivers thing on their vg it is harvested under the sustainable forestry act or something like that , its late but read about it on their site it seems they are very GREEN when it comes to where it is sourced

im not sure but i first used liquid barns and my recipes were very good then i switched to ecx and something wasnt right so i switched back to LB and all was well i now use NR bc its in my opinion the same quality as LB but cheaper and i order my nic and moat flavors through NR as well

1 Like

I tried those folks, they are very cool people but I’m going to stick with Essential Depot. ED is working very well for me personally.

1 Like

Just got some Palm Based VG from UK store Special Ingredients worked out about £7.50 a litre delivered Via UPS in 2 days. Cheaper if ordering larger quantities

@bluenose63
Thanks for the heads up!
Go4smoke are currently out of stock but will email when back.
Have you found a marked difference in the VG taste wise?

Go4smokes VG is actually derived from Rapeseed, they just haven’t updated there website…

Going to do some mixing with the Special Ingredients VG in the next 48 hours. Have spoken to them via email and they assure me it is 100% derived from palm/coconut oil and contains no Jatropha Curcas extracts.

1 Like