Sweet VG - Have heard it exists. Who has it?

I tried @Nicotine_River VG/PG when I started DIY. They are still the only place that I use for flavors due to a great catalog and awesome service. But I switched to @essential_depot (what!!? They dont have ELR account!!? Minus 10 points :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) I didnā€™t notice major difference besides thickness (for me ED is a bit thicker). I didnā€™t compare side by side but from other posts looks like NR is sweeter which I dont need. Most of the time Iā€™m fine with the sweetness provided by the flavors. Also, at least at my location and with S&H cost included for VG/PG 1gal each, cost at NR ($82) is higher than ED ($58). So for now I will continue getting flavor and Nic at NR and PG/VG from ED thru Amazon. By the way, any reason Amazon donā€™t provide more vaping products in US?

1 Like

I also use Essential Depot bought from Amazon.com. All VG has an inherent sweetness to it and it shouldnā€™t vary if it is USP grade (99.5%). VG is glycerol, and glycerol is the same substance no matter whether it is derived from corn, palm kernel, palm fruit, coconut, soy, rapeseed, etc. The VG we all buy under different brands and sold for different prices is all most likely produced by the same manufacturer.

1 Like

THANK YOU!!!

I wasnā€™t going to comment until I saw your post. You speak truth.

Anywho, I get mine from Essential Depot, straight from them. What is the difference if I get it from Amazon.com

1 Like

Dan, there is no difference whether you get it directly from Essential Depot or from Amazon. Factor in whatever shipping costs there are and get the best deal. Happy vaping!

2 Likes

I received my Nicotine River order the other day, which included their Vegetable Glycerin (1 Gallon). The only VG that I have tried and continue to use is Essential Depotā€™s Palm Based VG.

Using a small pippette I dripped both EDā€™s and NRā€™s Palmed based VG at room temperature. They are both similar in consistency and clarity. The taste is also very similar, however the sweetness of NicRiverā€™s VG is differentā€¦almost like a ā€œcleanerā€ or brighter sweetness.

I like bothā€¦but Iā€™m leaning towards Nic Riverā€™s VG.

Does anyone else taste these differences?

5 Likes

I do not like Essentil Depot VG. I tested it ion a few of my favotite mixes and found that it added a slight earthy note to them. Now, it could just be in my head but I am not sure.

4 Likes

Hi @louiesquared. I re-tasted the VG from Essentials Depot and I donā€™t get an ā€œearthyā€ note from it. I ordered the Essentials Depot Palm Derived Vegetable Glycerin on May 28th 2017, through Amazon. When did you purchase your VG from EDepot? Also did you purchase the Soy or Palmed derived VG?

2 Likes

I ordered directly from ED. It was the Palm VG and it was in January of this year. Like I said, it may just be in my head but with the quality and price from Nic River I dont see any reason to use anything else.

5 Likes

ED is definitely more expensive and if you compare apples to apples regarding price and the quality, Nicotine River does top ED. I pinch and save; so Nicotine River is my choice for Palmed based VG at the moment. :+1:t5:

4 Likes