Tablets for younger children

Let me start out by saying im not tech savvy so i have to watch a lot of reviews and get help from sales staff , but i know a lot of forum members understand computer rated things so could you help me decide ?? i have a 5 , 4 and 2 year old and i eant to get them all cheaper tablets , i found a RCA tablet at walmart for 35 to 50 dollars but the reviews and comments are 50/50 good and bad , if anyone has knowledge of these RCA viking tablets could you please share you opinion i am actually now leaning toward getti g them the 80dollar samsungs because i know they are good

2 Likes

Amazon’s Kindle version for kids is pretty good, if you like the big A that is.

4 Likes

I’ll second that. They have a phenomenal warranty on them. Do anything to break it and they’ll replace it for 2 years. We’ve had 2 cracked screens and a worn out usb port and they have always replaced them quickly with no questions asked. All of my kids have one, their ages range from 4 to 11 and it suits all of their needs

3 Likes

Good point; Amazon’s customer service is the best I’ve ever seen, anywhere. That always helps (me).

3 Likes

the problem with Amazon is the games they play are google play store :frowning: my son loves a couple games on the play store that i guess u cant get on amazon

2 Likes

i do love the price point on the kindle

1 Like

True, but you can always side load just about anything.

1 Like

slide load ?? please tell me more

1 Like

Here’s one link. Hey, for the record I’m not responsible for what you choose to do to your tabby. Just saying.

2 Likes

An RCA tablet will crap out quickly. I’d give it no longer than a few months before it goes into a boot loop. Kindle is excellent and durable, my little one has chucked it at the wall hundreds of times. How the screen hasn’t cracked is beyond me. I hate their app store though. Some apps can be sideloaded but lately it seems like more often than not they won’t work.

2 Likes

There is a way to put the google App Store on the kindle.

1 Like

There is but quite a few apps my kids wanted I sideloaded and the framework won’t support them. Before practically everything worked but that could just be because they were newer games.

1 Like

My 6yr old has a kindle fire in a kids rubber frame with a built in handle, had it about a year now and that things been chucked around everywhere, never skipped a beat and its used daily, cant recommend enough :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Don’t know about the kids tablets, but honestly my 2yo has played with my tablets and mommy’s tablet since she was 6mnths old.

But honestly only difference between mommies tablet and a kids tablet that I see is the kids tablet comes with kids apps installed that can be downloaded from the play store…

Been thinking about getting my 2yo an iPad…

1 Like

thank you everyone for the sound advise , ive decided to get the kindle i appreciate the time you all took to share your thoughts

3 Likes

Buy them each a tennis ball and teach them how to throw / catch, tablets / phones are the devils work… :+1:

3 Likes

But, I wish they existed when I was a kid! All I had was a tennis ball. Named it Ollie. Cried when the dog ate it.

4 Likes

you are right , they are limited to how much time and what kind of games etc , we are a very active family even on rainy days we find things to do together , however my 6 and 5 year old live with their mother 50pct of the time so they have video games and things there

2 Likes

My main concern is that they will benefit more from your interaction, F tablets and Phones…

3 Likes