Taste perception

One thing I noticed when I started vaping is that there are certain flavors I love in my foods, but can’t stand in a vape, and the opposite.

For example: I love coconut. I really do. I can eat it raw, toasted, I can have it in drinks, in food, in cakes. For this very reason I purchased 5 different coconut flavors, and any mix I tried with it was just horrible for me. I tried all high rated recipes, most of them steeped for more than 3 weeks, and I still couldn’t vape them.

Reverse example: I hate eating Mango. There is nothing I like about the fruit. I hate the taste, the texture, the smell … But mango vapes are a whole different story. My ADV right now is a mixture of two different mangos, with a touch of sweetner and ws-23

Did anyone have similar experiences?

8 Likes

Simply put. Yup.

As for coconut, yeah, you may need to keep playing around with different combinations to find the right balance between natural and candy.

8 Likes

Passion fruit and raspberry. Don’t like to eat them but love them in a vape.

7 Likes

Thank you! Thought I was the only one with this problem. Love pineapple, fresh, canned, dried. In a vape, well still working on it. Someday

3 Likes

Try sugarloaf pineapple VTA, pineapple SC, and pineapple HS.

3 Likes

Peanut butter! As a child I almost choked on a PB&J and for a week after I felt like I had PB in my lungs. I still love PB in all forms of foods but when I have a PB vape, even if it tastes really good, I feel like I’m gonna die.

6 Likes

Not sure if you can get Natures Flavors in Israel. However, if you can, pick up some discetyl free organic extracts of coconut cream and coconut. Very real flavor and the best coconut I’ve got. Ever.

6 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I probably can’t get it from Israel. Is there a web store that carries those? (just checked on chef’s and couldn’t find it there)

1 Like

Might have to do what another member here did and buy it then ship to you. It could be an option or something to consider. I buy all mine direct from the factory as they are made fresh!

1 Like

I can order directly fro naturesflavors.com but the shipping is hillarious:)

$44 shipping for $12 extract :slight_smile:

Guess i will buy from them when I fly to the US next time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The other option is for someone here to buy it for you and ship. You could call them and arrange for different pricing. They dont HAVE to send priority. I’ll see what the options are to mail 1 pound weight to Israel.

1 Like

Someone here could buy everything you want and ship to you 1st class for $23.50. Lately I’ve been buying nature’s flavors 2 ounce bottles as they are only $2 more than a 1 ounce. Very close to a buy1 get 1 free. I’m sure the company could send to you 1st class as well as they do have special pricing for international shipping.

2 Likes

That other member would be me :grin: . If you have a good friend in the USA, yeah, you can order it from DIYVS, get it sent to your mate’s address and get them to send it on.
USA postage rates are pretty obscene though, so you will be looking at similar shipping costs , either way, I’,m afraid! The great thing about DIYFS is they do 10ml bottles, at very reasonable cost, so you can order a shedload of flavours without the package weight bulding up too much and make that big postage bill worthwhile!
You might find this thread useful: