Temperature Control

Thanks for your words. I see some video reviews on YouTube at the same time. It is worth having!

1 Like

The only downside I have is the damn app…I know that sounds ridiculous and truth be told I thought it was just a gimmicky thing they were doing BUT it’s actually extremely useful…when it works. Buggy as shit and crashes a lot! They haven’t released any firmware updates yet but if they do and I still cant use the app I’m not going to be happy!
Also some of those youtube reviews make no sense…like the ones that say its “clunky” or the battery cover is loose. Mine is fricken SOLID I can violently shake this thing all day long and it doesn’t make even the slightest sound! It’s nice having a battery cover that doesn’t require screws or anything…brilliant design on that aspect!
If you do get it, make sure you purchase one with the TC unlocked otherwise you have to go through the app and pay like $3…which is backwards if you ask me…
Any other questions or concerns hmu!

1 Like

Wait till the EVOLV DNA200 chip base mods are available! That thing Rocks!

What’s the price for those?

I’ve seen a couple - I think they were priced around $160 - those I saw were with LiPo-packs though…

1 Like

I see someone says $180 on reddit, I think it is too expensive and X CUBE II is half of this.

1 Like

I think you have to be a fan of Evolv to pay those prices. They no longer have a lock on the TC market and they need to bring those prices down before I’d consider one.

1 Like

So I have been using the standard nickle coils for the tc feature on the xcube 2 so far and they just released a new firmware upgrade packed full of new stuff and also the ability to change the coefficiency even further…so in theory wouldnt I be able to use the standard stainless steal coil as long as I set the appropriate efficiency settings for SS?
Im just curious and Im to new to this to just jump right in but I have read alot of mixed reviews on this so only curious if anyone has?

Not sure SS is good for TC? It’s coefficient is somewhere around 0.0009

1 Like

On theory yes.
If you haven’t tried titanium I urge you to try it out,a spaced coil works great for me.

1 Like

I was only curious, since I had the option to set coe. in the one thousands and have stainless coils if it was possible. I read somewhere that it’s very similar to Ti in this fashion and is great when set up right but I wasn’t going to risk it;)

Some TC devices will read SS but doesn’t function quite the same as nickel and Ti. Next to Ni200 and Ti, SS is the third lowest resistance wire for vaping. I think that’s why some devices will read it.

1 Like

I’ve been looking into the xcube 2. I read some modes only work when using the app, and the device will revert to its previous mode if bluetooth is disconnected. Is that true?

I don’t believe this to be true, no. Although I can’t speak for the older versions of the firmware. When I first got it the only thing you could do on the app vs the mod was set the coefficientcy settings BUT they just released vr 1.07 that besides being filled with more options also now lets you change the coeffic. on the actual mod. I love this thing and tbh have not had 1 issue with it since I bought it!
The fact that I dont have to go out and buy new/updated mods and I can now just plug my mod into my pc and update the firmware/chip is great! When I opened it I was on vr 1.05 and now 1.07
As far as the app goes it really doesnt serve that big of a purpose imo outside of tracking your use by calendar dates which you cannot do on the actual mod…but really…whats the point? I really do not care to look up how many puffs I took on June 12 2015 lol
Connecting to the app via bluetooth does not change any “mode” or at least not for me? The only time it reverts back to factory defaults is when you update the firmware via the usb…but thats to be expected and so far I have only updated once and it took me 1 minute to change back to my preferred settings…

Cool… I gotta look into getting one of those. All of the customizations and upgradeable fw is pretty sweet. Not expensive either in my opinion. The only thing I don’t like is it looks like a fingerprint magnet. I wonder if if could be tracked via the app if it were to get stolen.

1 Like

I will agree with you on the fingerprint when I first looked at it but it actually really doesnt- I thought they were available in different colors? I have the silver and it doesn’t bother me, it is big as I’m sure you know but this also doesn’t bother me-
I saw somewhere it can be tracked via the app but I’m yet to see that function on the app but I don’t think its possible because the bluetooth auto-offs after a few minutes from being disconnected from the app-
I dont have issue with the mod at all but I do with the app…for some it works like a charm but for me on a S6 it is buggy as all hell and crashes alot! But I dont really use the app so no worries there
I bought this thing because I was low on $ and wanted to upgrade my eleaf 50w to take advantage of my crown tank and this was the only “cheap” mod that I could use/buy with TC and 160w…now looking back I am VERY happy I didn’t hold out for more $ and buy an expensive one!
I’m not a smok fan boy or anything but the negative reviews I have seen floating around absolutely do not apply to mine and I have no idea wtf they are talking about…ie mine rattles when shaken, my tc doesnt work, doesnt turn on, battery door loose, etc etc…I have NONE of these issues
If you have any other questions or concerns I would be happy to answer them, just lemme know!

The frustrating thing with mass produced electronic devices to me is inconsistenty
So many ‘review’ items some are pre production,some are simply flawed.
Loads of misinformation because a reviewer doesn’t understand the concept of a device features.
This REALLY gets out a control fast it seems like some ‘reviewers’ have watched another review and simply relays the same bad information.
So IMHO reviews are good for a general idea of what you may want.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more…that’s why I am giving my “review” based upon my use of the device that I am currently using MYSELF.
I almost didn’t buy this based on just 1 single review and I soon found out it was a preproduction review and the guy actually wasnt the smartest haha
Generally in life from simple movies to equipment, I could careless about what people think and I draw my own conclusions myself.
If someone asks me about something I will only report back if I have first hand use of said item…
I also never force a product on someone…if I like it, I am not going to say “its the best, top of the line, you’d be a fool not to buy, etc etc” Unfortunately there are SOOO many people that think their way is the only way…it’s bullshit imho
Opinions are like assholes…

1 Like

I agree sadly many people purchase stricky from a person’s review.
Oddly there’s only one local Vape shop close by where I live & those guys, well lol.

I’ll just say this the local Vape shop “thinks” temperature control is a fad .
I keep thinking really a fad huh, EVERY MANUFACTURER that makes a variable wattage device are falling for this fad
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I hear that a lot too and always wonder why people think that? I mean imo that is the only possible future for mods moving forward? I mean sure coils may evolve and new wires will surface but as far as mods go wouldnt the future moving forward be a way to control/prevent dry wicks and such?
I have found A LOT of my vape shops have this arrogance about them…oh yeah and they have nothing to be concerned about any possible regulations…thats just a purple unicorn :wink:
Try buying marmite based on people’s reviews and it’ll drive ya mental!

1 Like