TFA Malted Milk

I’d have to say Malt NF is a fabulous enhancer it adds a certain silkiness to juices that are creamy and is an excellent way to boost some sweetness in your creams. I remember one recipe of yours I swear by the combo of the malt and SB it is a perfect example = http://tjek.nu/r/7n7y

@Jazzy_girl AFA Malted Milk TFA I’d agree w/ @TorturedZen you might just sit down and try it to see what % works best for ya. I find I like it lower mainly because it is rich and will mute other finer softer profiles.

4 Likes

Looks and sounds just like what I’m looking for! Where do I purchase the NF flavor from?

2 Likes

Hey Jazzy this is where I got it https://www.diyvaporsupply.com/organic-malt-nf/ use ELRECIPES for 10% off

2 Likes

Thanks Amy :). Its on its way now! That and I couldn’t resist a few other flavors. I also noticed they have the Real Flavors on that site in 10ml bottles!! Of course I had to try some of those too

3 Likes

Yea it has some pretty good ones all right there. Even has Liquid Barn which I really love their Vanilla Ice Cream it’s my fav but it is also now available at BCF.

3 Likes

@Amy2

http://ci.memecdn.com/9391901.jpg

2 Likes

I got my malt flavor and tried it at 1% in my mix and I think it muted my flavors down too much. I should of started at .25% :frowning: oh well… I’ll let it sit and see if it brightens up at all and re-mix a new one. I guess its a learning curve here.

1 Like

Got this from another forum on NF Malt

Malt starting point 2%, than for a mix .25%- .5%

2 Likes

What percentage are your other flavors? May need to bump those up rather than reduce the malt.

3 Likes

If you mean Nature Flavors Malt Starting point for mixes is .25% I have to agree. That flavoring is strong and .25% is an ideal starting point. Most of my mixes I use .5% and sometimes I use 1% and rare that I go past 1% much.

5 Likes

Yup good idea, she can dilute the whole mix to the point where the malt has a good % and up the other flavors to the point where they should be :+1:

1 Like

Here’s the recipe:

3 Likes

Well, the numbers look ok to me. Actually the recipe overall looks quite tasty! Just let it steep more and see what happens. Sorry can’t be more helpful.

4 Likes

Looks really good too me, try what Tortured says and see what happens.

3 Likes

My son tried it today and likes it. So I’m going to take your advice and let it sit. Maybe it needs a little steep

2 Likes

How’s the malt search going Jazzy? It’s been 9 months, did it steep out? I’m mixing malt also, just over a week ago I used 5% Malted Milk (TPA) in a mix that totaled 18% TF and it is definitely muting the other flavors in the mix, but it is still discernible as malt flavored. I just ordered Malt FW & NF along with Chocolate FA in my quest for a good chocolate malt.

Simple Choco Malt II
Cocoa (FA)
Double Chocolate (Clear) (TPA)
French Vanilla (CAP)
5.00% Malted Milk (TPA)
Milk Chocolate (TPA)

Just 9 days in and the juice is getting quite flat, it is still tasty but my thoughts are to try a different malt flavor that will not mute the other flavors. Can you pick out the malt @ 1% in your pineapple malt?

2 Likes

I can’t actually remember the pineapple malt, ill have to re visit that. I have some malt in a chocolate right now. It’s steeping right now and when its done ill report back and let u know

2 Likes