TFV4, Crown, Haze and others - How do they stack up against each other?

I believe most RDAs use .035" (or 0.9mm) hex screws.

1 Like

Out of interest what gauge Ti have you purchased?

I’ve got 29g, 26g and 22g Ti from crazy wire.

29 and 26 only required a small amount of cleaning. A few alcohol rubs and it was fine.

The 22g I had to use some 650grit wet and dry to get it a point that I would be happy vaping it.

I had this convo with @Pro_vapes in another thread and it almost looks like grey plastic the 22g.

Once rubbed down with the 650grit it looked like metal again.

CMJ

1 Like

I’m recoiling my billow this evening with 22g Ti.

CMJ

1 Like

Its 26 awg ive got. It looks prity clean already but as advised i will go through the cleaning procedure. Its still on the roll the end looks ok no plastic cover or anything. Maby some sort of lubricant they use while drawing it?

2 Likes

The 26g is pretty clean.

But I can tell you from experience that the flavour difference between 26 and 22 is unbelievable.

I’ll snap a shot of the 26 vs the 22 later and tag you into the post in the other thread.

It honestly looks like plastic and no amount of isopropyl alcohol rub downs was getting it off lol.

CMJ

1 Like

I bought my Haze from MFS about 8 months ago.

There’s a dripper tank out now and it really cost…

1 Like

Aaah, yes, that makes much more sense now :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m seeing this on a few other forums too. You either love it or hate it. I have three and I’m happy with them all. If I had a dual rba for the Crown it may be my fave. But I can’t fave a single coil. I haven’t been using either of my Crowns lately The vape is good with the 22g Ti… but not as good as the dual TFV4s.

2 Likes

I just got the tfv4 and it is by far the best tank out there… great flavor and density of clouds is great… I’m using titanium wire with the single and dual coil rtas …the only thing I would add is it is tricky to wick but after a leak or two its vaping great!

2 Likes

I can’t seem to get the dual coil air flow just right… I’m using 24g titanium. What dia/raps are you using?

1 Like

2.5mm ID 6 wraps - also 24G (0.5mm)…

2 Likes

Do you have any leaking problems? The dual coil seems to leak if I wick it short and be to tight if I put enough cotton to keep it from leaking? Any thoughts??? I just haven’t found a happy median?

1 Like

@Pro_Vapes has some instructions - I just went by instinct and it worked - leak free :smile:

There you go:

2 Likes

It’s so good to see a prediction come true. This is a post from Early June 2015.

6 Likes

Ive just done my tfv4 rba with 5 wraps of 26 awg and loaded it wiht a blueberry waffle its showing .4 on the ohm meter I’ll report soon but im intrested as to why you say 22 awg has more taste😮

2 Likes

I’m gonna give the dual another shot as soon as I finish this tank of ‘‘Mothers Unicorn Milk’’ ( Apwoblewski recipe)… don’t want to waste because it’s awesome!!!

1 Like

Ive got my tfv4 rda single set up with a 5 wrap 26awg ti reading 0.39 on my x cube (0.41) on my ohm meter, and my mod is reading .00350. Im vaping at 512f and my tc is still cutting in. Any advice anyone?

1 Like

Go to settings - adj. ohms: Three clicks, wait, then four, long click, then five clicks, long click then set your ohms to 0.40 or 0.41, long click and try again :slight_smile:

My own ohm meter is off by 0.2 ohms, and my XCube is often off by 0.2 ohms as well - so I’ve had to fiddle a bit with the same problems :smile:

1 Like

Thanks daath. I was getting close to 520f and just a hint of burning so i didnt want to push it. I’ll try that my friend. Thanks very much for your advice.

1 Like

@daath that worked a treat mate adjusted ohm’s to .41 and getting a nice tasty vape at 470f. Tc working fine. Thanks mate where would we be without you :ok_hand:

2 Likes