The encouragement that beginners need, opposed to dictating what they do

I think I read that flavors entered in private recipes are saved to the database also.

5 Likes

Sure there is. I have seen some interesting ones shared. I havent felt the need to create my own just yet but that creativity and convenience that they offer is appreciated. If not allowed public I wouldnt be able to fiddle w/ anyone else stones. :frowning_face:

6 Likes

Dude, lol. Seriously? :rofl:

8 Likes

I was gonna say something, thanks for swooping in on it first!

8 Likes

someone stated that they are on another thread i was reading yesterday

4 Likes

You’re correct sir!

And this is something I’ve been working on since we haven’t had the ability to sort by type.

There’s definitely a reason: improved functional use and organization of the database to improve the user’s experience.

5 Likes

They are. What I’d like to see are private flavors. One’s that don’t show up in the public list. Or at least an verified list so you could just click a check box and filter out all the ones that aren’t real.

I don’t care if they exist if I can at least filter them out so I have a usable list.

Sometimes it’s not a matter of deleting everything you don’t want but instead just providing useful filters. Think about the box you can check to hide single flavor recipes. Something like that.

14 Likes

That would be great!

7 Likes

That is a good idea! And for recipes that have such automatically hidden private flavors, there could be a disclaimer like “This recipe contains unverified flavors that are not in the public database. Click to show”, so you could see what was hidden from view. That would keep the original recipe’s integrity while not allowing that, um, ‘integrity’ to glut the public DB.

7 Likes

Is this why I am noticing changes in several flavorings?

4 Likes

It’s possible!

3 Likes

Ok I’m relatively new on elr & have only been vaping for 2& a half years. I have made with help (from elr) a natural sweetener to use instead of Super Sweet(Cap) it’s never been used in a recipe before. I’ve read the guide & have entered every flavour I get properly into my stash. I entered my natural sweetener as Stevia & Monk fruit extracts by (Raw Earth) . When I go to add it into a recipe the name pops up like all the others & I select it but it stops at the(R so it reads Stevia and Monk fruit extracts by(R I think the name is too long or something, I’m not sure but need to use it. Then Tortured Zen is on my case for not adding correct name when I did, but not helping to fix it. Telling me to read the guide is no help I did the right thing & yes this has upset me. I’m not running away though I just want it to get sorted.
Also had a go @ me about sharing a recipe that is amazing but was honest in the comments that it was my 1st time for this exact recipe & had put 7days steep but could be better longer. Loads of people go public with single flavour recipes with mo steep suggested, infact many public recipes don’t have steep times or comments from their creators. Yes I’m unhappy about this but I’m not going anywhere!

5 Likes

So reading this thread it seems u want me to be a sheep that doesn’t use a Natural sweetener bought from a National grocery chain that I’ve had many discussions on the forum about because I don’t have pYure Stevia it can’t be in a public database. I don’t want to use Super sweet(Cap) but do I lie & say that I did just to 'fit in"?

4 Likes

Who’s telling you it shouldn’t be added? That doesn’t sound right. I thought the point was to add stones and such to the DB as long as they followed @Sprkslfly’s new adopted standards? If so then you’d be able to reference the ingredient you used, and everyone could also see that as well. I don’t see why you shouldn’t be allowed to do that. What am I missing?

Oh, and never be a sheep!!! Always forge your own path.

8 Likes

Not sure what that full name is there since it gets cut off and there are 2 listed which cant be read.“stevia and monk fruit extract natural sweetner (Raw Earth)” i would pick as well. perhaps @Sprkslfly can offer assistance here but am sure he’d be glad u tried your best in trying to use the correct one.

6 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement to keep going on

9 Likes

I’ll do just that thanks. I’m the person that added it to the db but as you saw it cuts off

7 Likes

I think if,its your own stone/base then you could name it what you want …

8 Likes

You can call it what you want
What I would suggest is make the stevia mix as a recipe with instructions on how to make it in the notes also link the recipe in any recipe you make that contains it.
Call it something like MadMel’s Stevia Monk (Stone) or something similar

Is only my 2 cents but I fully support the database containing stones (or oneshots whatever you want to call them)

11 Likes

I’ve just now read this (after I replied via PM).
I’m glad you’re powering through it!

If you still have any questions after reading it, I’m at your disposal. :slight_smile:

10 Likes