The encouragement that beginners need, opposed to dictating what they do

how did the recipe look ???

4 Likes

Very good actually, except a bit too heavy on the sweetener for my taste. It’s still on ELR but with the new incarnation without the ‘offending’ comment

7 Likes

Normally if recipes are posted, a author wish to share her/his satisfying experience. Hoping others will recreate it and enjoy as much as the author did, as well as leaving feedback.

New mixers always want to be on the top of the page within 3 weeks of just dabbing into diy, I don’t know why but something I noticed.

Anyways, to archive the remixing of a recipe, the other people will have to know the ingredients. Every manufacturer has nearly the same labeled flavors, but taste and percentage vary.

You complain that @TorturedZen pointed out the misspelling of your used sweetener, be grateful that he did.

Looking at what @adary posted as the copy of your recipe, here are more then one error:

Bavarian Cream is the correct flavor, not Bavarain Cream.
Vanilla custard v2 is capella, tfa/tpa doesn’t make a v2 unless I’m missing something here. Sweetener still mid labeled.

I mean no harm, just as others, but if you want it remixed, you need to set the flavors accurately or keep it private. But even then, the new entry is created in the database with the wrongly named flavor, and the next person especially if new, will get confused again.

So please label it accurately and take some criticism, I’m sure people here just wanted to help.

14 Likes

OP always keep in mind that we are a group of people that enjoy the same thing , we may have different likes when it come to flavors , any critique is a constructive one and over time you will become grateful for those especially when your mixing gets complex… i do understand your message , i dont understand why you were offended , overall we are a helpful happy bunch that welcome most everyone with open arms and that what has kept me coming here everyday since i first came :wink:

15 Likes

I am glad you posted some of your creations! Some times I still get nervous doing that, but in the end, I have gotten some valuable advice (that I stewed over at first).
Also, it’s easier on the data base when flavors are labeled correctly. It is frustrating going through duplicates to sort out the flavor database. I only dabble in dupes (only flavorah) and that is frustrating sometimes. Keep your head up! Vape on!

10 Likes

There was absolutely no intention to ‘belittle’ you. If I was that type of person I would need to at least know you better first. In terms of you feeling like an idiot well, I can’t control how you or other people feel. Nor can I control how people interpret what they read.

Maybe your interpretation might have been different if you had taken a moment to click the link I gave you, which explains building your Flavor Stash. And you would also understand why the comments I leave are simply efforts to steer people in the right direction with regard to flavor name conventions.

Contrary to what some people would think I’m not some douche-nozzle on a power trip. The only power I have is that which you give me!

21 Likes

I think that’s still under debate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

Gee, thanx.

10 Likes

Only yanking your chain my friend. You are solid in my book.

10 Likes

thats one helluva a book to be a part of :wink:

11 Likes

Douche-Nozzle

What a great name for a tank.

12 Likes

Or not! :grimacing:

7 Likes

It may have been mentioned to you but by putting in the correct flavours to your stash it will also help you find more recipes to mix :grin: he wasn’t trying to be an ass but actually help you get started. Glad you’re here in the forum as this is a great place to learn.

8 Likes

Considering that the OP changed his name to @Donehere i think it’s safe to assume he is done here :slight_smile:

10 Likes

What was his name? I’m trying to find his recipes.

4 Likes

He deleted them (or made them private) from what I see. I posted one of the recipes in this thread tho but it’s private now.

5 Likes

Very true @anon44944642.

6 Likes

Thanks, my loss it seems.

4 Likes

Just on this subject can someone point me in the right direction of adding a new flavour to the system i got pure flavours and think i added them wrong and with the current sale of them at chefs they could start popping up more ? Best to get onto these things early

4 Likes

Specifically this one

4 Likes