The encouragement that beginners need, opposed to dictating what they do

Wow. Where did I say “You’re doing it wrong! Change it!” anywhere in this thread?? I used the word ‘wrong’ in the context of a mislabeled bottle, so don’t get this twisted and please don’t put words in my mouth.

4 Likes

You don’t need to be so defensive about it, I was only illustrating the contrast of what might get better results.

3 Likes

I’d be defensive too. Trying to help shouldn’t be an issue.

We’re just beating a dead horse as the OP has left and isn’t responding at all… Now is a good time to let that go and focus on the real issue… The flavors database…

6 Likes

Just for reference when helping members learning to use or improperly using the database…

7 Likes

It really works… A users testimonial…

5 Likes
7 Likes

That’s friggin amazing!! Why is this so hard for folks to grasp? Good catch @Pro_Vapes

5 Likes

I did a video tutorial on a fb page i am in on how to add flavours i suggested picking the one with the most recipes this is usually a pretty good hack then i noticed this :slightly_frowning_face:

Correct me if i am wrong but the second one with less recipes is the correct one

6 Likes

This is a perfect example of just one of the multitude in the database. Many of the Shisha’s are this way from Inawera. And yet the other MFR’s with Shisha’s will be listed correctly! I have come across this with many of the flavors in the DB. I honestly think it’s getting worse with the addition of all the smaller companies entering the concentrate market.
What makes me sad about this is the fact that if you want to capitalize on most of the features of ELR you must also use the incorrect one!!

8 Likes

?No. At least all my Inaweras i have entered as (Inawera) not (INW) and they have the older notes from respected mixers.

4 Likes

And that’s cool, respected mixers or not, the flavor itself is still called shisha vanilla and not vanilla shisha. Guess we spelled the company correctly at least :wink:

5 Likes

I didnt even consider how the “shisha” was listed and commented solely for how the Inawera is listed. If u look the listings are commonly done w/ adjectives second. If u think about it that categorizes it easier. For example if u want to see all the vanillas, search vanilla and brings up your list of different ones. There is some order to this madness,usually, sometimes, maybe, I think.

6 Likes

Found exception already Shisha Orange (Inawera)

3 Likes

I think there may be used to be some order to this! I think, maybe, usually, hell IDK! Lmao!

5 Likes

My theory there would be an improper merge, choosing Shisha orange vs. orange shisha as the other listings would suggest format to be.

5 Likes

I’ve been reading this one from the OP, and you guys are bringing up some really good stuff here. I’m sure I made my fair share of mistakes early on, but I was lucky to have made some friends who would PM me and let me know, hehe.

I completely see BOTH sides of the argument here, and an indeed aware of the damage to a large database that can occur with “differing” entries. Even to this day, sometimes when mixing up something new, with maybe a not so mainstream flavor, it can be “challenging” to find the right one. Keep this one going guys, as it’s a shame that the OP left ?? He could have actually helped out a lot here, from a newer user’s perspective, etc.

7 Likes

Re-reading the OP, and having come from ANOTHER 3 letter forum, and even yet another 6 letter site, I found the people on ELR to be some of the MOST welcoming people I ever had the pleasure to spend time with. @daath hasn’t kicked me out yet, so I guess I’m safe, … for now …

10 Likes

Honestly, I didn’t really explore the forums once I found this place. I am very inactive on the other three letter site, not my cup of tea. Not even a member on any others. Love this vape crew!

7 Likes

There are a couple other nice ones I haunt, but that is not one of them.

4 Likes

I used to think that. I wonder if there is just a way to prevent a recipe from being made public if it contains flavors that are not on the public approved list?

I still think there are valid uses (custom dilutions, stones, etc.) for having the ability to create custom flavorings, but is there a reason for a public recipe to have them? I hate to see us lock down the flexibility we have when creating work in progress recipes. I do think any recipe that is shared should meet basic criteria like only containing flavors from a. validated list. Heck even include an option to submit new flavors to the admins for validation. Would probably be far less work then all the dupe weeding just to see the dupes pop up again we do now. An option could be added to show only approved flavors.

7 Likes