The "joys" of purchasing online

First time poster, long time cre- ahem reader, hi!
Just recently bought another batch of nicotine oils and found that, not so sweet, yellow glow of death from within the bottles. Yay… me…

(I will try that wizard and smooth additive trick, see if that helps. Thanks to the helpful soul for that tip.)

Anyway, I spend way too much on flavours- they’re like my new version of shoes. Cliched? Yeah ik. Alot more fun, playing mad alchemist? Mmm- hell yeah! Sooo in the end, it’s all about flavour for me, crazy, seeping variants of flavour. (When I’m older I’ll probably sit on the front porch collecting cat. We all have to have hobbies).

When shipping exceeds the value of the product, well in fact triples the value- Yet oxidation still occurs. That kind of irrates. Especially when the refund involved doesn’t include “shipping”. Or any stickers/labels to advise that the package was indeed sensitive to heat/sun/etc.

Anyone else had same issues? Any suggestions other than well, crazy idea here, but choose a company that actually places the stickers that you paid an immense amount of shipping for, on the box.

Also just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences with expedited shipping? Or is it just good old Australia with our 40° days.

Didn’t want to this to be a rant so on a nicer note. Some non crazy stats about our little corner of Melbourne

Myself

• Pack a day (40 cigarettes in a pack) for nearly ten years
  • Up to 4 packs a night if working *yep 160 smokes
  • first e cigarette around 2010
  • haven’t stopped vaping since
  • 2018 was average 20 cigarettes every 4 months

Others

• three heavy smokers (pack a day) now vape only over last five years years
  • two more into reduction

Enough about me/us.

Hope I’m the only one that experiences the “joy” of oxidizing nicotine oil! If not, feel free to commiserate with me.

Stay curious, and always mad.

(Please feel free to move this post to appropriate section. If’ed and ah’ed then played safe with general)

7 Likes

Some like peppery nic, have you considered setting/trading the nic?

4 Likes

I’m one of those, it goes well with tobacco but I’m on the other side of the planet. I’m afraid if it gets shipped over again from the Aussie heat to here it will be brown and even too peppery for me :laughing:

3 Likes

Well yeah, Aussie heat could be a problem. Is your vendor not geographically convenient? There’s a users group called DIY Down Under (I think) that may be able to help more. Should be able to find them on FB.

4 Likes

Hi @Zzz :wave:
I am in Aust and purchase my Nic in pg from Mixology Vapes in NZ. Ships to here (rural SA) in about a week and then I store in the freezer, as do most. But i’m Not sure about Nic oil.
There is an Aussies Crew post here and the ppl there are more experienced than I.
Hopefully they can give you some other advice! They might not be around right this minute tho…
Shout out to @woftam , @Benoz can you please help a fellow Aussie?

5 Likes

Freezer/fridge storage is a must in the weather we are having atm - Happy to drop some sources for nic but since i don’t use free base I will leave that to others - salts on the other hand I can help you out.

6 Likes

This :point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up:
Pg base nic in the freezer or vg in the fridge i have also noticed the salts are more hardy when it comes the heat and buying a 1L at a time helps cut down shipping from the states.
If you think you got a bad batch from your supplier i would contact them for a refund.

5 Likes