Thought maybe you were sucking on one of these!!
![]()
That might be what’s happening in the og, and it’s not in a bad way.
Thought maybe you were sucking on one of these!!
![]()
That might be what’s happening in the og, and it’s not in a bad way.
Small order incoming ![]()
Some new, some old, some re-ups. Managed to cut a few flavours from my cart which was great because i needed those new SSA,lol (new to nomz anyway), also had to snap up another 30ml of cola gummy while they have it back in because my daughter loves this in her pod recipes.
![]()
![]()
The (ssa) “strawberry sweet ripe” is really good. Tastes like a strawberry ice cream syrup. I ordered (ssa) “cream caramel” as well . Tastes amazing. You have all good flavours in your list.
I have a feeling that Cream Caramel is replacing Milk & Caramel Cream. I heard the Lemon Lime tastes like Orange Fanta which is weird since description doesn’t have Orange in it. Both those newish Strawberries are on my list too. Any experience with the Garden one?
I was eyeing the “garden strawberry” but never bought it before. I’m ordering it next time though. Haven’t got the “lemon lime” either. I think he needs it to try and mix a (vta) “fizzy sherbet” replacement. It’s no longer available.
I got my eye on the new SSA Blueberry with blackcurrant, pretty sure SessionDrummer advertised it in a post somewhere but can’t find it now. Nomz certainly doesn’t have it yet.
Sad day today, I mixed the last of my FA BC. I have quantity anxiety with this last 50ml of Midnight Vine 2. I already know when this runs out I’m going to add more FF to compensate waiting on a restock of BC. I mixed it with the FA Passion again cause it was so good.
FA BC is one of those that’s worth having a bigger bottle of, I am going to need to stock up myself! especially if we get a successful clone of BV, then I’m going to want to make large quantities at a time.
I noticed you ordered Raspberry and Raspberry Sweet. Are they both the TPA versions? I’ve got a couple of recipes that my wife likes using TPA Raspberry. I’m wondering if it’s worth subbing some TPA Raspberry Sweet into those recipes to brighten them up a little? It sounds like they are still similar Raspberry flavours?
Sorry, havent had the time to reply to anything the last few days, had a lot going on.
The raspberries on that specific order are FA raspberry & TFA raspberry sweet, but honestly im not overly keen on TFA raspberry sweet myself but a few people i mix for like it, now TFAs normal raspberry is a different story, thats actually one of my favourite raspberries, very under rated imo. FA is my favourite raspberry overall though, i bought another 30ml even though i have 2x unopened 30mls + a 30ml half full, this is my most used flavour so i have to keep it stocked up,lol.
If you’re after a really nice raspberry recipe try this -
Now on the “progress” for the rochford project clone/remix, im still not 100% convinced that TFA jackfruit isnt in this eliquid
?
I have 2x versions mixed up -
Here -
& Here -
& this is what i think ATM, keep in mind i do need to do a lot more testing before actually coming to a conclusion.
Honestly there are similarities in both but the jackfruit one tastes the closest to me, i think i do taste FA passion in the original too though? I need to sft this though so i know what im working with.
Im also not convinced INW dragonfruit is in there yet but i do need to single flavour test this aswell just so im 100% that what im tasting is actually the INW df & not FA passion, im pretty sure its the INW though?
While i probably do prefer the version with the INW df + FA passion, i think the version with jackfruit is actually a little closer to the black vine overall? I do think its a little high at the 2% though & a couple other things need tweaking. Then theres 1 note from the first recipe that needs to go into the second one, im pretty sure its the FA passion needs putting into the jackfruit recipe & %'s tweaking a little more, i should have a bit more time to mess around this week & properly test everything.
Its getting there i think we have most of the right ingredients as a whole, i would like to try FA dragonfruit aswell as FA concord grape too though.
But with everything i have tested so far, even if some of the ingredients arent the exact ones, i think they all do still provide the notes we need (in the sections we need them) to make something we could actually call a “clone” recipe.
The most important thing (for me at least) is coming up with something SpeedeeVape is happy with.
But anyway, heres one of the next variations im going to mix up over the next week or so -
Yes, I’ve been altering perceptions of “Df” and “pf” and I can’t get it to taste exactly like the OG. Flavours very slightly off and can’t get the same saturation as the OG.
I too was thinking “must be something else in it” I’ve tried (ssa) “papaya” as don’t have (fa) and it’s not that. I think you may be right about (tpa) “jackfruit”. Ide tested it with (wf) “jackfruit” and ruled it out because I had ran out of (tpa) it was right at the beginning though before we had all the other flavours a lot closer. I’ll add (tpa) “jackfruit” to my wishlist. Also (fa) “concord grape”.
Wait till you crack that TFA jackfruit open, if you have the black vine concentrate smell that first, then close it & crack the jackfruit, i swear it just stinks of jackfruit & dragonfruit to me, so much so that if i was given this eliquid without a flavour description & asked to analyze it, i wouldnt have even said blackcurrant at all, i would have gone jackfruit, dragonfruit, passionfruit & forest fruit, in that order. I dont think i would have guessed there was blackcurrant or grape in it if i wasnt told it was blackcurrant? & the longer it sits i think the more “tropical” its becoming.
I think i need to dig out the dual coil cap for one of my Nitrous’s & put some power through this eliquid, see what comes out at 100+w? Because 40-60w single coil its mainly a tropical dragonfruit fest in the Nitrous & Hadaly
. Really nice eliquid nevertheless
.
![]()
![]()
I mixed 60 mil of the OG when I first got it, so been steepiing for nearly 2 weeks and it’s delicious. The almost powdered sugar effect from (tpa) “super sweetener” is more apparent and yes, the tropicals seem to have come out more. I’ll try it with a lower resistance coil than I normally use and wack the power up as well and compare.
This is what I’ve just mixed, with (wf) “jackfruit” until I restock the (tpa). I can tell it’s the wrong “jf” straight away but will have to do at moment. I’ll see how it tastes tomorrow and adjust.
It’s more like v20.
Thanks mate, those comparisons are super useful. I’ve only tried TPA Raspberry and think it’s an amazing flavour, just benefits greatly from a one week steep. I saw the TPA Raspberry Sweet is more popular in recipes and was wondering whether it’s worth trying but based off what you’ve said I’ll just give it a miss.
I might order some FA Raspberry and see how it goes. How would you compare it to TPA?
i know the one, im probably way past v20 by now if i include slight variations too
.
Its really not far off though tbh, pretty much every variation i have mixed has had some real strong similarities to the black vine & imo pretty much any of the variations posted in this thread could be a viable remix/substitute for the black vine, the one i made with purilum dragonfruit + nomz passion was really nice too, purilum dragonfruit is an awesome flavour though, its like tfa dragonfruit + jackfruit mixed, i think thats why the version with PUR dragonfruit tasted so similar to the original
. Its such a shame nomz discontinued it because it really is a nice dragonfruit & i only have about 20ml left now
.
![]()
![]()
FA is everything that TFA is missing is the best way i could put it, its a bit similar but its a more “natural” raspberry, it helps push TFA more toward a more natural raspberry & fills it out nicely, those 2 raspberries together + a touch of INW raspberry make a fantastic “full” raspberry.
These 3 together make my all time favourite raspberry combo & i have quite a few raspberries -
Yes! that’s what I get aswell, though I wouldn’t of been able to pick out the individuals and would of used tropical as an umbrella term, and you sort of have to search for FF and I got that before I ever really got a BC or grape to the point that when I sniffed FF and the OG, I thought it matched better than straight BC, but then I put that down to the fact that I am smelling a mixture of fruits already mixed. The grape was always a mystery to me, to the point that I had wondered why it was included in the flavour description for the juice and not just left as a mystery under “Mixed Fruits”, my only theory was to appeal to any grape lovers to get them in the door to try it. idk, but then I guess the dark fruit could be described as grape like.
Yes, definitely try this at that because for me at least the tropicals take more of a back seat and comes across as more of a non-descript twang and I get this dark fruit syrupyness, is the best way I can decribe it and may well not be correct and not your experience of it, but it felt like it was more than just the BC+FF, which i why I started pigging around with adding things like Bilberry/blueberry jam/blackberry/Harvest berry ect. but, again, this may well not be your assessment of it. Would be very interested in your opinions on that. as you know I vape this at 100w on 6 wrap Dual coil fraliens 2x28/6x0.3-36g and sometimes get a real good rip and a right mouthful lol
If I was vaping this on dual 2x28/4x0.3 I would do 80-85w on 5 turns and 90w on 6 turns.