The Strictly PG-free Thread! Let's drop some Recipes/WIP's/Flavor Recommendations

I’ve been using RFSC for most of my creams. FW Whipped Cream is VG, though, and that’s really nice too. I haven’t dialed-in the NF Vanilla Cream that I have yet. I need to do some SF testing on it. I’ve just thrown it in to a couple of recipes and they didn’t really work out.

1 Like

I’m test-driving this one right now and it’s delicious! 18 days steeped is good, hoping I can leave it alone til the 30 day mark.

1 Like

Probably not, given the recommended %! Unless it’s really special, I’ll go with a sub. Thanks for the link and info!

yeah, i’ve got the RF SC creams too. They are good. Haven’t used it enough to be sure how the KH compares, but tastes really good in this recipe, IMO. (almost wish I had drowned it in cream chuckle )
I’m tempted to get that FW. I don’t have a whipped cream at all! Is it different enough to be worth it?

1 Like

ooh that Strawberry Glazed Doughnut sounds really nice, but way to many NF flavours! It’s making me envious, I’ve spent such a ridiculous amount of time time trying to narrow down those bloody great NF bottles to an affordable few . That burnt sugar would definitely be on my shortlist, cos it’s prettymuch unique, I think? at least there’s no PG-free burnt sugar available over here, And I’'m very curious about their fresh baked bread. I’ve found the RF SC version to be overbearingly yeasty (though I’m going to try cutting down the % a bit more. Probably still got it too high. ) . Is the NF one better?

Oh! Might be worth checking out this thread:

@Pro_Vapes just posted a shedload of new recipes there

1 Like

Not sure if I couldn’t live without the Burnt Sugar, but it is good! Haven’t properly tested it yet, but everything I’ve used it in has been good. Difficult to isolate. I will get off my lazy bum and do a few SF tests asap and get back to you. I can imagine adding to a good Custard to get a Creme Brulee.

The Strawberry Shortcake, on the other hand, I’m about to buy a giant bottle of it now that I’ve run out. That is a great flavor. Mostly SB and Cream with a hint of cake, but it’s creamy and delicious and a nice forward SB. Mellow at 3% when I SF tested it, but totally rocks at 5% in the doughnut recipe.

1 Like

If you can get it in the UK, it’s definitely worth it. It tastes like an authentic Whipped Cream Topping for a pie, and it’s very good. I have no experience with any other Whipped Creams to compare it to, though.

2 Likes

It really is! I somehow forgot to read up on the recommended % and mixed it at 1.5%! Yikes! I was trying out subbing it for the NF in my Grape PB&J recipe, just to see how it compared. Probably need to drop it to .15% next time.

But, the NF Bread is really really good. It tastes like what it says it is. 1.5% is good. There is a faint hint of baked cinnamon way in the background, so its like an earthy artisan bread, as opposed regular sandwich bread with all the conditioners.

1 Like

Well, the latesd batch of Kandi Hed Lemonade is substantially different in both appearance and taste ftom previous batches! Much more like a traditional lemonade. Looks like they changed the recipe. I’m sure some will applaud the change but i liked it the way it was!

Luckily , I had some RFSC Lemonade steeping @2% and it’s just hit the 2 week mark , so I’ve tasted it. It’s not dissimilar from the old KH , but, curiously, suffers the reverse problem from their cola! That is, I’m finding that I need to turn the Lemonade up to 20-40 watts ( exact wattage depending on tank/coil ) before I get much flavour and fizz from it. Lower than that, it’s very unimpressive., but at least it doesn’t taste disgusting.

We’ll see what it’s like with a bit more of a steep.

And , ofc, i’m gonna try mixing the two lemonades together at some point, but right now, i’m behind o n my mixing plans, due to illness :frowning:

1 Like

Ooh! I think I’ve got my Suimmer vape sorted in plenty of time for summer (was not so lucky with my Christmas vapes- still faffing with those! might be ready for next Christmas) .

I marked this as a WIP (following discussion on another thread) I think it’s probably turned out great first go, though I do need a bit more steep-time to be sure. Would probably wait a while before publishing, but there’s such a dearth of PG-free recipes in the data base, that swung it for me.

my notes on the recipe, thus far

The Kandi Hed Elderflower and cream come from Flavour Hub in UK. Go easy if subbing! They are very dilute ( recommended @ 15%)

first tasting @3 weeks steep: possibly a bit too subtle, but otherwise, everything I wanted. Fresh strawberry top note, sozzled in sparking champagne, with a little bit of cream to top it off, and subtle floral note of elderflower floating in on the breeze. Totally summery!

I’m gonna let this steep some more, and then maybe up the strawberry % a tad.

Of course this might just be one of those infatuations-at-first-taste, that I live to reget .:laughing:

1 Like

Ooos! i copied the recipe by accident, and posted the new copy! I’ve now changed the link to the original, to preserve the date, and deleted the other, To my immense surprise, the copy has already been read seven times! It’s not like anybody’s following me , so i was really gobsmacked by this. Apologies for messing those seven people about (if they’re reading this). but yeah, I know , i know they probably just shrugged and moved on :laughing: It’s not like I’m Amy, is it?

1 Like

I just went through every Liquid Barn flavor, since they are listing the base ingredients very clearly. Ive found some PG-free flavors I was not aware of. Hope some are winners!

LB Honeydew - VG/Ethyl Alcohol
LB Orange Banana - Ethyl Alcohol/VG
LB Rootbeer - Ethyl Alcohol/VG
LB Sour - Water

1 Like

I’m a fan of their Rootbeer

2 Likes

Awe yeaha! I think I’m the only one in my family that likes Rootbeer. How do you like to use it? I checked and you don’t use it in your public recipes.

2 Likes

I use it in a rootbeer float recipes between 2-2.5. Works well for me.

2 Likes

This is exciting! I’ll just drop this here :smile:

5 Likes

Lime, blood orange and rich cinnamon are very good.

2 Likes

Thanks, bud! Were the other ones not to your liking, or have you not tried them? I’m going to try everything but the Clove and Red Cinnamon.

Really intrigued by Wood Spice. I’ve been looking for something that can get close to a Cedar note, to be used verrrry sparingly, of course.

1 Like

Time to change carrier to other in my flavor stash

2 Likes