The war on nicotine

The Netherlands may be exemplary in a lot of ways… but looking at how they’re dealing with vaping, they’re making a wrong turn imo. They’re slowly getting worse is the latest I’m hearing/reading.

5 Likes

Absolutely, that’s because we’ve long ceased being a country after we were sold lock, stock and barrel to the EU by our caring leaders for God knows what price.

We now live in a dictatorial system where the laws are passed in Brussels and the parliament in Brussels is surrounded by offices that are filled with lobbyist from every branch that counts.

The companies write the laws and they are transcribed to official government paper.
What’s happening to Britain now is a stark warning to the rest of us, don’t ever dare to pull out of this paradise that we have created for the chosen few :rage:

4 Likes

TPD was an initiative by the EU… I get that, but it really wasn’t so bad. It was a directive and every country has its own say in how to implement things. For example, in Belgium we’re not bound to the 2ml capacity for tanks etc, but we have other big hurdles to climb that you guys don’t have.

I don’t see what tightening the post TPD rules has to do with the EU, that’s every country for themselves. Maybe ask your local politicians about that?

3 Likes

Maybe not every country sold out the way they did here. I don’t know why they are this obedient but they are running around doing their utmost to be the best boy of the class.
Brussels orders that more money has to be paid by member states, we’re the first one to pay up, some law has to be implemented, we go over the top.

They’re probably just using Brussels as an excuse for everything they want to stuff down our throats, most countries do.
Whatever the reason and however you look at it, we’ve definitely gone down the drain in a lot of ways.
It’s not just vaping either, there are a lot of things that have become rather restrictive over the years.

4 Likes

The good old game of passing law pretending that it is implementation of a directive when it is well past that and blaming the EU for it. UK is master of this game.
Not to say that there is no problems with EU institutions, but the real ones are rarely talked about.
Mind you, I am not a massive fan of the current TPD. The 10ml I can live with as stupid as it is, the 20mg nice as well but the recipe certification is really limiting to small businesses, looks like they are developing one shots instead.

3 Likes

Here in the states we are busy politicizing everything. Right down to insane minutia. They/us are setting ourselves for one hell of a mess. Everything is hyperbolic and bipolar. Every election we dive deeper into the ditches and ignore the road in the middle completely. Both parties expand government with every administration cycle grabbing more control over people. Our people are so myopic they do not see it happening. They actually buy into the party system and affiliate themselves. We fix what isn’t broken and ignore what is. PC has brought us to the point where all conversation is rhetoric. We run around like morons selling someone else’s agenda by proxy. It’s the one beatitude I can sight about being old it is that I won’t have to deal with the consequences.

9 Likes

That BS is rapidly spreading everywhere else.

4 Likes

It is very sad to hear that. I did notice in traveling in Europe between the 70’s and early 2000’s that I saw a lot of change that was disturbing. I guess I had hoped that a greater degree of wisdom would prevail.

5 Likes

@SmilingOgre
Man you summed it up in a single post. A DAMN Disaster, I literally live across the street from my precinct. I filled out my sample ballot, now I’m really questioning my votes. If you get a chance you should read (if you haven’t already done so) the amendments we’ve got on the ballot. Especially I believe it’s amendment 9 (not home to look at my sample) that single amendment just to mention 1 of them " Oil drilling off of the coast along with on the same amendment the Vaping indoors. WTH would make FL put 2 things on the same amendment that have absolutely nothing to do with each other ¿?!! So if you’re against oil drilling your also against certain things about Vaping indoors.
With that being said, I am considering not even voting. SMDH !
Just one example: Florida ballot
Amendment 9, Prohibits Offshore Oil and Gas Drilling; Prohibits Vaping in Enclosed Indoor Workplaces, would tether a ban on oil and gas drilling in state-owned waters with a proposal to add vaping to the ban on smoking indoors.

(A Leon County circuit court judge ruled in early September that this amendment and two others be struck from the ballot because of its bundled status — that decision is currently being appealed by the state.) Needless to say the States appeal won.

5 Likes

That’s FUBAR. It’s one sick mess.

6 Likes

I feel for you. But I think it could also be used as a wake up call. I’m confident Britain will land on its feet. :wink: :hugs:

2 Likes

here in Indonesia, since July 2018, Vaping will be taxed. It only come in effect 1st of October 2018. The percentage is as big as Tobacco / Cigarette Tax, 57%

Not all Vape products is going to be taxed though… in fact, only 1 vape product will be taxed … E liquid :grin:

However, customs for importing goods stays the same… still sucks

5 Likes

Man, i gotta say, its refreshing to hear someone say that. I cant stand this right or left crap just dividing us further

3 Likes

Amen! Today is midterm voting. There is not one candidate or proposal that serve any good whatsoever. Vote against the shit and they will do and end around and shove it up my ass anyway. This is all token bullshit that is merely an attempt to make us feel responsible for what they are fucking up. Worthless. Pick a side, any side and join us in demonizing the other side. What a crock of shit.

7 Likes

Don’t you guys have other parties with a different point of view that you can vote on?
I find it hard to believe that >300M people can be divided in such a black or white system. The majority must be some shade of grey.

2 Likes

We have other parties but none have ever gotten any traction. They are considered to be a protest vote. It is hard to say where the majority is because the psychos at the far ends do all the screaming and get all the coverage. The two parties respond to the far ends as per their presence so the grey has a choice, insane left or insane right or the silent protest of a “3rd” party vote.

5 Likes

They have, vote for any of those and they will blame you. So and so won and it’s all because you voted for a third party. ‘It’s a binary choice’ is the most heard phrase I’ve come across in the latest elections in the US.

6 Likes

Yes! And that is how it works. Inherent plausible deniability because the people voted. They forget what they promised (which is total bullshit) and claim per the peoples vote they now have full autonomy to do what they will in lieu of the people. It really is FUBAR.

4 Likes

When you cast your vote you agree to the system and outcome for the period of time that vote is under contract. You can bitch but voted FOR it and agreed to abide. Oh and don’t forget to vote for the lesser of the two evils, you know a lesser evil is morally ok,

ps; That was laced with a lot of venom if by chance ya didst see it.

3 Likes

Unfortunately it is not any better here. We always have a coalition of about 3 parties, the last election we’ve had there were 28 parties you could vote for. The neoliberal party that won did so with 13 seats of the 150 to be had. They are now the biggest party in the coalition so they have the largest say with only a measly 13 seats. It is FUBAR everywhere.

That’s what they say here, it’s just that they never tell you during the election what they are really planning, they wait till they are elected and then pretend we’ve all agreed :nauseated_face:

4 Likes