Thoughts on Kangertech?

I just looked up the channel for djlsb. thank you. I’m liking the in depth reviews.

1 Like

he really knows his shit…and has all the proper equipment to get accurate readings. i really like this guy!

1 Like

Absolutely. I felt like I was there unwrapping the items because of the angle he uses too :grinning:

1 Like

I use my nebox a lot and love it. I had issues with leaking recently but extra o rings has solved the issue. I have the kangertech nano too but don’t really get along with it much these days. It was my first mod though so I still use it lol, usually to taste new flavours I make in case they’re rubbish.

1 Like

I have the red , and white NEBOX’s love them both. I’ve never had a single issue with them, Good flavor, holds 10 mls, self contained ,ez to carry.Rba with clapton works great! Cant say enough good things about them, Add a third eye drip tip, all set.Great Vape!

3 Likes

Well I have a love hate relationship with kangertech but fact is I own three subtank plus and sold a few to friends after getting in to a dispute with kanger at the GA distribution center. Over some DOA I received. I have not bought or sold any since there is always at least one in my every day rotation and is for me is my favorite go to single coil tank at present I am running a TI build in one 22 GA titanium. 09 450 degrees Fahrenheit 33 watts on opus DNA 200 so my puch is set at 70 watts it is the most stable tank for ohms and the temperature hits fast and flat line when testing it on the E scrib software .the flavor is great and can do mouth to lung hits or get a decent lung hit from it and.seeing I do not plan on buying any more new RBA looks like I will be using them for some time to come

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it. I’ve had my ups and downs with some of the products. Mostly ups I have to say. I’m sure every company has their moments.

1 Like

I haven’t had the best of luck with kanger - my son bought me my first mod for Christmas at a vape store in FL and he paid an outrageous price for his and for mine ($80 EACH for subvods). His has done nothing but leak constantly (he carries it to work wrapped in a paper towel every day) and while mine doesn’t leak, it just doesn’t make as good of clouds as my Innokin T-18s by any stretch. So… I thought I’d buy another SubVod when I found them for $29.95 online - I wanted a lavender one… well, it popped so loud on every draw I thought my face was gonna get blown off [I know, but I was brand new at vaping & had read some horror stories online about sub-ohming] so I wrote the vendor & they offered to have me mail it back in and they’d test it & then send it back to me if nothing was awry. In lieu of that, I changed the coil & it stopped popping for awhile so I felt so badly for my son having the leaky one that I gave it to him. Anyway, that’s been my experience with Kangertech so unless someone has one that doesn’t leak, pop, gurgle or otherwise act horrible, it will likely be the last of their products I will be buying. Thanks for ‘listening’. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing Donna. I’ve never had an issue with any of their products…but of course every experience is unique. This is why I was curious about why there wasn’t much mention on them here. I’m grateful for the input and stories from the ELR family.

1 Like

I think that most people have better luck with their Kangers or they’d be out of business. :slight_smile: I am always grateful for input & feedback too. Also glad that I joined ELR since as soon as my supplies all arrive, I will join the DIY juice family.

2 Likes

Kanger has some great stuff and it was all I used for a very long time…then I met Aspire. It was like night and day - I could finally just vape and not worry about equipment failure anymore.

I know they have gotten better with the sub ohm gear but my daughter just tried a Kanger set up again and within two weeks was back to Aspire tanks.

1 Like

After I met Innokin (love the T-18’s, MVP 3 Pro & CoolFire4) I stopped looking at Kanger, too. I still can’t find a tank that doesn’t spit, gurgle or leak other than my sweet Davides, though. They aren’t sub-ohm, but that’s ok, too.

1 Like

I love that Innokin stuff, it’s reliable as it gets! You know…sub-ohm is not for everyone. I will never forget the first time I had that first real blast of heavy steam from it. I was at 6mg on the nicotine and I almost hit the floor :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a MTL hitter so I don’t do direct lung - it chokes me. I find enough satisfaction from my standard ohm tanks that I’ve been able to quit a 47 year smoking habit so I’m happy. (And even better, I don’t stink like an ashtray anymore - yay!)

3 Likes

I have a Topbox Nano. I was excited that it offered Temp Control for Ni and Ti and 60W seemed like enough power for a newb. I’m a tinkerer, so I get caught up with modifying anything, so lotsa features=exciting. I would say you get what you pay for, and I got a pretty good retail Vape shop over-the-counter deal with an Internet bargain price. I’m using it this second.

Immediately fascinated with coil choices (SSOCC) as there were 3 in the Starter Kit. Around the release date (Topbox) Youtube reviews were incorrectly stating that one of the coils contained in the kit was a titanium coil, as did the Retailer when they sold me (it was the first week of release) Unsure if the hype/miscommunication was intentional …or just allowed to be repeated.

One of the things Kanger doesn’t have is a Community like ELR. Shortly after when I went for coils I asked for some Ti SSOCC and was informed there weren’t any, and that Kanger has stated the had no intentions to ever make them.

So no Community info sharing …only vague rumours from Retailers? …uncool. So being the obsessive tinker I went on my little titanium (coil) quest. I was stuck on the Ni coils in TC mode which I like very much performance-wise, but all the SSOCC coil’s performance fails over days of mediocrity. The first 3 days are great, the next 3 days are average …and death comes swiftly at the least opportune time. Like getting 2 blocks from home on your long commute to work [tiny tear emoji].

So they give a device a Ti mode setting with no intention of having factory coils? I may have found out why. I bought several types of Ti wire and used older block-head type Kanger coils which come apart easily, I successfully built maybe 10 different configurations, half of which were on dual coil capable dripper platform. I even rebuilt one SSOCC vertical coil with titanium wire.

I am electronically capable and have more soldering irons and guns than vape box mods. I understand the nature and risks of Ti coil building and super-low sub-ohming …spaced coils …tight coils …horizontal. I tried them all. My unscientific opinion is my little TopBox Nano has an LED screen that says Ti, but it doesn’t have the proper computer chip to sense temp and regulate voltage with (various grades/alloys of!) Ti wire.

…best description? SpAzMoDiC~ No wonder they don’t sell Ti-based coils for their marketed-as-Ti-capable KBox Nano. Even though my device said there was .15-.25 Ohms, all attempts ran about the same. Hot.as.F*ck even at the lowest temp setting. When my battery started heating up quickly and consistently (no matter what platform), that inner-tinkerer became my inner-OSHA inspector and I (kinda) threw in the towel.

Now I know that you folks who have been doing this longer know how this ends …I spend money, but the thread topic is “Thoughts on Kangertech?” I mean if they actually tested this in the lab and said “Yeah sweet this model can handle Ti coils” why wouldn’t they publish that information (%grade/alloy?) or get it out to Customers somehow? …or just sell the wire? “…rhetorical question” he said as he puffed on his Tobeco Velocity/Kanthal/Kbox

Bo

Keep in mind you are not limited to the tank that came with the mod. It does use a standard 510 connector. There are a wide variety of tanks out there that offer prebuilt Ti coils if you choose to go that route. You could also go the RTA/RDTA route and build Ti coils into whatever setup you want. Most mods that support Ti are calibrated to use Ti Grade 1 in TC mode. With how long it took Kanger to finally offer TC in mods, I’m not surprised they didn’t manufacture a whole coil selection. At least your mod isn’t gimped to only what they have to offer for the tank they manufacturer. That would suck more.

2 Likes

I am using the kbox200 in Ti TC mode with my .22ohm serial dual Ti set up in the Aromamizer, and it does kinda suck for it, without the wattage adjustment capability, its default to the max 200… It fires fast, but… Too fast, I saw an evic mini at 510F doing fine with same coil setup, but only at around 60 watt range, whereas mine, anything over 430F is instant crackling and not pleasant. I keep my kbox at 420F and it does okay, just wish I could turn the wattage down manually to really enjoy the full spectrum of flavor… Not just instant blowtorch sound effects lol

1 Like

True, but he only has 60W max on his mod.

No I think he had the update, 75w max, it was set over 60, like 67.5 or something, I’d have to go look at the pic again
EDIT: It was set at 62w

1 Like

I meant BoDarc.

1 Like