Thoughts on someone taking recipes from others and turning a profit

It is mixed juices from what I saw.

1 Like

I also sent Wayne a pm so when he does happen to see it he will know.

2 Likes

Can you post the screen shots here? Or it might just cause drama. :pensive: If it was just a three or four flavor recipe then it’s possible the person stumbled upon something decent by trial and error. The fact that they blocked you hints at a guilty conscience though?

2 Likes

I can if people request specific ones. I dont know if the guy has an account on ELR, and most of the recipes he has are from a group I admin on facebook, specifically for recipes that we create on our own.

1 Like

this discussion is becoming more popular by the week and at first i thought man that messed up , and i still feel that way but here is the thing you published it on a website for free so its fair game and nothing to do or complain about if its something that bothers a person because they feel that the money should go to them then sell it your self , but the thing about it is yes its screwed up because these are supposed to be free im jus t personally over it , and the topic just my 2 cents

1 Like

I think it’s been discussed before, here as well:

And touched on here:

If it’s a new vendor, by all means let @Wayne_Walker know :slight_smile:

9 Likes

if its mixed juices that are being sold tag it and forward it to the fda website because i doubt he has the proper licenses to do so

1 Like

That is fine honestly, and I realize the standards, I just wanted opinions and to make it aware to others, and I know it is nothing new, I see it on occasion. All this is is informational, nothing more than that.

1 Like

I will be doing this as well, thank you for your input I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it is not a vendor, it is an individual that sells out of his home. But Wayne was informed regardless so I await his response.

3 Likes

Have you purchased from the guy who sells out of his home? I’m just wondering how you know the recipes he sells aren’t his own blends. I think calling the FDA to bust some guy is pretty fucking low by the way… just my opinion

10 Likes

Just to name a few and a screenshot of his post, hell even not charles mansons strawberry bar is in there.

It’s one of those murky things though. How can anyone prove that he stole the recipe, not just the name? What recourse does anyone have if they didn’t trademark the name? Hypothetically, Kemps might have the trademark on Strawberry Milk, Charles Manson could sue for using his name without permission. What recourse would a DIY e-juice mixer have?

This looks like a job for KARMA!

4 Likes

As a safe habit, I’m always weary about publicly posting recipes, until either I know they are good to go or if I don’t want someone to rip it off. What can I really do against someone copying a peanut butter ice cream recipe that I made. I can’t copyright a recipe. :confused: What can be done?

:blush: I still publish all my recipes regardless though hahaha

1 Like

So do I, in the hopes that someone enjoys it as much as I, but this is just shady in general.

1 Like

1 Like

…she already knows about this dude and has special plans for him. :smiling_imp:

11 Likes

If I could love that post 1,000,000 times infinity I would :joy:

2 Likes

YAAAS! That’s what I’m talkin’ about! :smiling_imp: On our side of it though, when we share a wonderful recipe, we set the good loose in the world. Karma knows it originated with us. Suppose this larcenous person sells to someone who finally gets off the smokes for good because of THAT recipe. That good karma comes back to it’s origin, not to the thief.

4 Likes