Thoughts on Titanium Coils

I recently receive a Evic VT60w and it has a Titanium Temperature Control Mode. This is really an awesome combination. Iā€™ve never had flavor this pure. Iā€™m wondering if anybody else is using titanium coils and what you think about it?

1 Like

I have two atties that I have titanium coils in - standard coils (spaced) - extremely good flavour - pure as hell! I really like it!

I ordered an EVic 60W that @quitter1 found a deal for - $60 on gearbest! :smiley:

Linky:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve really really enjoyed mine. You should be happy with it.

1 Like

canā€™t wait for you I would be tracking it like a fool but Iā€™m glad you upgraded!!!

titanium wire must be used with care: NEVER dry burn it, never allow hot spots. The fumes of the burnt titanium wire arenā€™t the best thing you can breath - to put it mildly

1 Like

It says pre-order and it will ship june 23rd - so no use in tracking yet ;D heheh but I canā€™t wait! I suspect I will be on vacation when it arrives though :confused:

1 Like

Itā€™s just titanium oxide - itā€™s not particularly harmful as @NewDrip will probably tell you :smile:
The worst part of dry-burning it, is that it will catch fire and you have to make a new coil ;D

Standard coils (spaced) is a good choice for making coils with titanium :smile:

well I hope itā€™s there sooner than later!!!

All metal fumes are not good to breath, not just titanium. U should exercise caution when dry burning any resistance wire. Alot of people think that Tio2 is the devilā€™s wireā€¦ NOT! I deal with it by the tons in an open air environment with no special precautions needed.

well if you have that much please share Iā€™ll send you my shipping infoā€¦ just one pallet should be enough for a couple weeksā€¦ lol

1 Like

no wonder ur so coil friendly!!!

1 Like

In another thread this morning I said:

Iā€™m not using any nickel or chromium-containing wire at this time. However, I will say that there are times using Titanium where I get a strange taste in the back and roof of my mouth. Iā€™m thoroughly cleaning my wire prior to building coils so itā€™s not that. Iā€™m wondering if I got a low grade of wire seeing as I bought it on Ebay and would be interested in finding out from @Pro_Vapes where you get yours. Iā€™m not concerned per se, but I do want to add changing my wire as part of troubleshooting my issue. Itā€™s not a contant problem which is why Iā€™ve done so much rebuilding. Iā€™ll get that taste and bamā€¦time to make a new coil.

One thing I hadnā€™t tried up until now was to adjust wattage. So far Iā€™ve been hitting my titanium builds at around 510F and the ā€œnormalā€ setting on the xCube II and about 41 watts on the eVic VT. So I set the xCube to the ā€œsoftā€ setting and the eVic to 30 watts. This gave the xCube a remarkable smoother vape. I also dropped temp to 450F which helped further. The lower watts on the eVic did help a little in terms of flavor, but then I dropped the temp down to 440F on it and saw a marked improvement in the way it tastes and feels. Iā€™ve given up a bit of cloud production, but not overall satisfaction, and the ā€œbiteā€ on my tongue and pallet seems to be substantially less. Time will tell, but I would still like to try another brand of Ti wire that others are using with good results.

1 Like

I was watching a video on building Ti coils and the man said ā€œonly use titanium with TCā€ Is there any good reason for this, and is this true? Iā€™m using it without temp control.

I started that way myself. I still do when I test juice. Youā€™re okay using it that way. Common sense let you know to stop firing it when you get a dry hit.

1 Like

Youā€™re goood. Iā€™ve used lots of Ti-coils without TC - because itā€™s good :smile:

2 Likes