Tiramisu trouble

I make a mistake by adding 5% to a 30 ml bottle with little per. Of creams after 4 days I test it it was very tough :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved: and quite concentrated so any solution to adapt this mistake or what ?

1 Like

Give it a little steep time, if it tastes too strong after a week or so, you could dilute it with vg/pg/nic and see how it is.

4 Likes

I may a going as far as giving it 3 weeks. It will settle. If you have some try adding 1% marshallow FA. Or 0.5% fresh cream FA or both.

1 Like

Just my opinion: I think it will take a lot of dilution to tame that beast. I would pour it down the drain, its only 30 ml.

As you can tell, Iā€™m not a fan of Tiramisu. I can barely take 0.5% of that stuff in a mix. Maybe I havenā€™t found the right recipe yet. Its been a year since I tried anything with it. Iā€™ve added Chrispdx suggestion of marshmallow and fresh cream to my notes, thatā€™s a good idea.

3 Likes

Instead of dumping the whole thing out, I would just take about 3ml of that mix and use it in a different recipeā€¦ So, if you were trying to make a recipe with 0.5% Trimasu, use 3ml of your current mixed ā€œmistakeā€, if my math isnā€™t off and you were making 30ml as an end amount.

4 Likes

Or you could split the batch into two 30 ml bottles now you have 2.5% in both bottles fill the bottle up the rest of the way to make it a 30 but change your setting on the calculator to Tiramisu being at 2.5% add some cream or add a cookie then steep it a good month ! I like it w/ cheesecake or peanut butter maybe some ice cream ideas are endless !

This is my favorite Tiramisu recipe it is BBā€™s not mine so so good thou ! http://tjek.nu/r/4zJT

3 Likes

well if i am understanding correctlyā€¦ the taste is so heavy you canā€™t afford itā€¦
you can add some more Base inside ā€¦ (30ml more so the flavor will split to 2,5%) or spill 15ml inside another bottle so you can use it somewhere elseā€¦ these are the faster and easiest ways to deal with itā€¦

1 Like

If youā€™re going to dilute it, youā€™re going to need a few bottles (and youā€™re going to have to up the creams).
I made a tiramisu recipe the other day using 2% and find itā€™s VERY overpowering, I can only imagine what 5% must do.

Just use the juice you have now as a flavor concentrate in other juices. I think 0.5 to 1% should be the maximum used in any recipe or youā€™re going to get that overwhelming strong coffee flavor. So if youā€™re going to use 0.5% in a next recipe, just use 10% of the mix you have now.

3 Likes

Many thanks

1 Like

Sounds like another cactus incident. I think itā€™s high time we started numbering these for the historical record.

3 Likes

I love everyone here but if Iā€™m you, Iā€™m minimally tripling down on the VG and I mean right meow lol

2 Likes