Titanium Wire... Prep and Use

Nice, just curious, how big did you go?

My channels are almost double the original size. I use a lot of cotton to keep them from leaking. I don’t S wick but I’m sure that will work with the large juice ports.

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/uploads/default/optimized/2X/4/429a93f8b66e211d663b2c9ce9ad59d2953af23e_1_532x500.jpg
it’s about 3mm

Ok, will get out the old drill and see what I can do

What wicking material do you guys use?

I use organic cotton.

1 Like

I used a needle file…

How long did that take

It is already so much better, and I did not even go too much bigger

Anyone tried lighting vapes Ti ? I’m wondering as I look at my coil if it’s safe to use - It seems a bit less springy and definately clean compared to Unkamen but I would like input

1 Like

been using it for some time pro vape has a link with tons of info my self 8 raps of titanium double coil spaced i have made Clapton builds on the RDA in your pic get the ohms down close or below .1 be like 5/6 raps of what you have of coarse check the ohms first

and clean the wire before you make your coil enjoy i build between 0.05/ 0.9 and get best flavor ever

1 Like

Ya- had decent luck with Unkamen but very dirty- the lighting vapes seems more suitable. I do wonder what process it goes thru as it is a golden rainbow color ? I would think its ok? I do get a slight sensation of having metal in my mouth at times though so not sure. The build above is .14

It doesn’t matter if it “seems” clean or dirty, you should always clean prior to use. So if it’s Ti1 I say go with whoever is cheapest.

As for the rainbow color, sounds like it may be annealed.

Yep I use 91% isopropyl and a rag then rinse. Can never be too clean!!:grinning:

I recently picked up an ultrasonic cleaner and stole the idea from @Pro_Vapes (thanks by the way…genius) to clean the whole spool at once. Now I don’t know if this would be good for something wound tightly or something very springy to loosen it up, but for the 22ga Ti I get it worked wonders!

1 Like

I got my titanium from fasttech. Possibly not the best place to get it from, but it works great and I like it. I wash it, but before I did the first time, it didn’t have any kind of residue. I tried wiping it with an alcohol wipe and a regular paper towel and nothing came off. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Only reason I got it from them was I was ordering stuff anyway and threw it in as kind of an afterthought. :smile:

A Guru of sorts named D.Jaquith said the most accurate Ti he ever bought and he’s bought a lot was from fasttech and it was one of the cheapest ones they offer I was messaging with him the other day and he is going to try platinum, yes platinum 24g. 6inches @ 70 bucks he says you only live once Lol- I know it is an extremely clean metal but would hate to pay for that-

1 Like

That is where I get all my wire and wicking from and so far there Ti wire has not had anything on it at all cleaning it with a white paper towel and alcohol and I have never seen any color of any kind after wiping the wire good. I believe I read someplace they Ultra Sonic clean there Ti wire but not sure.

Ya it is very clean maybe a bit of dust and that’s it - can’t beat the price really and it performs well with my grade1 csv- Thanks for the input👍

I would be interested in his views on “accurate” Titanium. I wonder if he has it tested for purity or something.

I would love to trade problems with this dude. I’ve always wondered what it’s like having more money than brains! :slight_smile: