Titanium Wire... Prep and Use

Try emailing them with your issue and see if they will send more o-rings.

After-Sales:service@uwell.cc

3 Likes

A DUMB resistance lock question.
Have you ever tricked the resistance?
What I mean is setup low ohm coil lightly press fire button then lock the resistance in.
If I’m careful + only up it a few tenths I get a much better Vape at a lower joules.
Ever commited this sin?

Like from a
0.13 ohm coil. Tricked to 0.19 huge difference

2 Likes

That actually defeat the purpose of TC. You might get dry hits. :dizzy_face: If your want a better vape either turn up the temp/watts or vape the Ti in the Ni200 mode. Works fine for me when I want more vapor/flavor.

2 Likes

Hmm well I’m kinda dumbfounded that this worked.
I’ll wrap my next coil at 0.19 .
At 0.13 at 572 I was cranking 60 joules. Weak &cool
At 0.19 at 420 I’m getting a great warm Vape at 20 joules

Almost seems illogical huh

2 Likes

Switch to Ni200 menu setting and try that… It push a lot more power to your coils.

2 Likes

Ahh ok I wasn’t sure if I’d cause big issues doing so.
Does cold vapor choke you up a little & mute flavor aswell.
I emailed crown + will report back.
I think I might look at the factory coils + Rob a o ring if they look different.

I tricked the coil because of cold vapor & my thinking was battery life at 60joules vs 20joules.

I still wanna kick sigelei in the but for lacking titanium support

2 Likes

I think PY4You fooled a lot of their competitors when they went that route. They timed it perfectly too… with the release of the new Sigs. Nobody want them because of no Ti support and they cost more too. I just don’t see a benefit in buying one. If the 150 TC come down to around $60, I’ll get one. They make solid mods, they’re just lacking on functionality.

2 Likes

The ni settings definitely pumps more power.
I’m curious why in titanium mode if I tricked the resistance lock by that little I’m getting duck better performance.
Hmmm.
It’s got me courios enough that I’ll build to 0.19 in a lil while because right around 0.20 seems to be a sweet spot.
I can use Way less joules & get a much better Vape.

1 Like

I agree at 60 I’ll buy one aswell I like the new age look of the mod but will just get a IPV4S instead,biggest con with those I see is the paint job,their a beautiful mod though

When you lock in your resistance the chip powers for where you set and not what it is. Since you’re actually at .13 it’s kicking power for .19. I thought it would be less power to fire it there but I guess I’m wrong.

1 Like

Exactly I thought lower resistance more warmth & less joules for a comfortable Vape.
Something seems off about that & I mean to figure out what if I can.
Thanks for the help & suggestions.
After this tank gets low enough I’ll make a spaced coil with a bit more resistance & see.
But it seems at 0.16 - 0.19 or 0.20 seems to function much better maybe it’s a chip ‘shine’ point?

1 Like

Found a tid bit of information I’d like to share about Titanium wires…

Source: http://www.kidneypuncher.com/sweet-spot-vapors-ti-wire/

WARNING: DO NOT DRY BURN !!! If your coil turns white, or starts to develop white spots, discard your coil.

Titanium wire can be used in temperature control devices because as the wire heats up, it’s resistance also rises. This allows for unparalleled consistency and safety. Sweet Spot Vapors Ti Wire has been specifically designed for vaping and represents the first and only category for “vape specific” Titanium.

Ti wire will work with VV, VW, Mechanical and Temperature Regulated devices! Ti wire starts at a very low resistance and rises very quickly until its optimum temperature is reached. Then the resistance climbs according to the amount of power that is put into the wire. This reduces strain on your battery while offering complete control of the heat inside your atomizer.

Sweet Spot Ti Wire is made from a custom metallurgical process using certified medical grade Titanium and undergoes a proprietary vacuum annealing process. This removes unwanted oxygen particles and allows for the most consistent heating possible. This wire will NOT form any harmful chromium, nickel or iron oxides therefore the flavor of your liquid remains completely pure. Additionally, all of Sweet Spot Vapors wire is cleaned in an ultrasonic/steam bath, using food safe degreaser, followed by a rinse in distilled water.

WARNING: DO NOT DRY BURN !!! Ti wire acts as a fuse. When the max temperature is exceeded the wire will “fail”. This is by design and keep your battery safe. Very light pulsing and crimping can be done but do not dry burn this during building like you would Kanthal or Nichrome.

To clean your coils it is not necessary to dry burn, simply brush them off under warm water and they will be good as new.

On to the good part . . .

The difference between 0.4mm and 0.5mm is the speed in which the temperature regulation occurs. Ti wire should not be looked upon as a “gauge”. Essentially, 0.4mm regulates temperature faster the 0.5mm so it’s ideal for VV/VW devices and tanks. It will provide a slightly cooler vape, as the temperature regulation occurs more rapidly. 0.5mm Ti wire has a slower ramp towards temperature regulation and will build up more heat in an atomizer. 0.5mm Ti is recommended for drippers and devices that have large amounts of air flow.

0.4mm Ti wire has a starting resistance of 1.2 ohms per foot while the 0.5mm Ti wire has a starting resistance of 0.78 ohms per foot. The resistance will climb accordingly based on the amount of power you give it. We recommend starting with an extra wrap or two compared to what you may usually use 24g Kanthal A-1 for. Ti Wire’s resistance is dynamic, this means it changes over time. For example, if you build to 0.4 ohms and apply 30 watts of power to it, 0.4mm Ti wire will climb to approximately 0.5 ohms in 1-2 second drag. When applying more wattage it will climb much faster.

4 Likes

I am a beginner at all this trying to stay opened minded started off beginning of June with nickel and after 15 feet or so of ni200 tempered just starting to get a great flavor but I had a decent build in the start .08 I was told to low so spent two weeks trying different builds at or just above .1 got that tiny taste and no real flavor as a last resort do to the fact of how much longer my batteries would last in j mode I did a 028 on a 3mil centers 8 raps checked it .08 so took two raps off got down to .062 and now I am happy and running coil cooler 409 +~ - 20 at 30/33 j great flavor and all the vapor in my kanger sub tank plus I want now looking to ward titanium not so much cloud chasers but in joy the but flavor junky

When you get to the Ti you’ll find exactly what you want… What you’re getting right now from Ni200 is good flavor with a extra hit of metal taste. With the Ti all you get is flavor… no metal taste.

3 Likes

So I got my 24, 26 and 28 gauge grade one titanium wires in today. I’m still kind of on the fence. While using this wire is easy to build on like kanthal (its just a tad bit more springy) the flavor still reminds me of kanthal but a bit cleaner.

I rebuilt all single coils… in my Helios RDA, Lemo 2 and the Uwell Crown all with 24g Ti. I really thought that it would deliver that clean cut, fresh taste that I had the other day when I used the stainless steel coil that came pre built with the RBA section of my Uwell Crown. I feel a bit let down but these coils are still new and need to be broken in.

That’s a surprise to me. You’ll be the first I’ve seen the didn’t think it was superior. I know there is short break in period… maybe it will get better.

1 Like

It’s definitely superior to kanthal - no doubt about that. Its not superior to that SS coil I had the other day. Maybe its just me. I thought it would be better than the SS. :shrugs:

1 Like

I rank these two wires 1 and 2 on my list. I personally think the Ti is a better flavor producer. If you try the SS in something other than the Crown… I think you will see why I say this. Either way you can’t go wrong.

1 Like

I’m in no way trying to dispute or discredit, only reporting my findings with my tasters :slight_smile:

I have some 26g SS wire coming in on thursday. I will report back what I find.\

2 Likes

I don’t feel that you are. Only you know what you like best. SS was my main wire before I started with the Ti. There’s something about Ti in a TC mods that produces amazing flavor.

2 Likes