Tobacco Flavors Tasting Notes (Misc)

I hope your luck is better than mine. This was the answer I got from them today:

Hello.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to ship order to Netherlands by regular mail.
Recently Russian Post has changed rules of shipping parcels to Netherlands - they don’t send parcels to Netherlands by ground anymore.
We have experience with shipping by air in Russia and parcels with liquids often are stopped by aviation control and they reject parcels to ship by airplanes.

1 Like

So, basically, you have to show up at their door, buy the product and smuggle it out of the country. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Now you know why they are so cheap!

1 Like

Ok, damnit! I’ll just have to order it from Vaping Zone, 'cause I’m not planning to make a trip to Russia any time soon. :smirk:

1 Like

Virginia Tobacco (Inawera)

Flavor Notes:

Specs:
-22 day steep

• percentage used: 1, 3, 5%
  • PG/VG ratio: 40/60
  • vaped on Derringer RDA, 1.29 ohm coil, 10-18 watts

Flavor Properties:

• slightly sweet floral
  • no tobacco flavor to speak of, not even a hint

Relatable Flavors:

• rose water
  • honey

Mouth Feel:

• medium density
  • smooth floral sweetness

Off Flavors:

• I detect nothing but rose water and honey, neither is technically an off flavor but then again, neither of those are tobacco-esque soooo…

Position In A Recipe:

• condiment
  • could be used in low percentages to bring sweetness in place of honey

Pairings:
-maybe could be used to soften a very strong tobacco

Conclusion:

• not impressed
  • this is a condiment flavor if anything
  • has no nuance, no layers, yet the leading flavors (rose water and honey) fall short of greatness
  • no noticeable change in flavor from 1,3,5%… only that the honey and rose water become more prevalent
  • at lower wattage, rose water takes front stage, higher wattage brings the honey forward
  • reminds me of one of the first wanna-be tobacco flavors I ever tasted… it came with my Bloog cigalike circa 2012
  • this is subjective but I’m thoroughly disappointed

Suggested Recipe:

• I honestly can’t see myself reaching for this flavor any time soon
2 Likes

@Kinnikinnick @Josephine_van_Rijn

Do you guys concur with my above review? I kept dripping more and more hoping to discover something I hadn’t noticed. I even came back to it a few times on different days thinking maybe my taste buds were having an off day but nah… the main flavor I get from Virginia INW is disappointment lol.

2 Likes

I’ll have to take your word for it because I don’t have it, only the Tobacco Absolute Virginia which I find a nice addition in a mix :grinning:

1 Like

I don’t think mine is tobacco absolute. This is the exact flavor… http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-liquid/browse-flavorings/tobacco-flavors/virginia-tobacco-by-inawera.html

Same as yours?

2 Likes

Nope, that’s not what I have.

Good to know. Does the Tobacco Absolute Virginia actually taste like tobacco? And would you recommend it?

I cannot say it is great but it gives a lift when you put it in a mix with other Virginia tobacco’s. It’s definitely not a standalone. Like TA Garuda, TA Oriental and TA Cuban Cigar and DNB they are mixers. I have them all, they are a nice addition.

1 Like

Nice, thanks. Would you have a recommendation for a stand alone Virginia that really tastes like tobacco? I wouldn’t actually use it as a stand alone but rather as the leading flavor in a mix.

1 Like

I guess your best bet is with Flavour Art Virginia. I find all Virginia’s rather mild and have become a big fan of cigar and pipe flavours although I’ve never smoked them.
The DNB from INW gives a bit of an ash taste to tobacco’s, makes it a bit more realistic. 0.5% in a mix is plenty, it might be a nice addition to spice up the Virginia.

2 Likes

Nice notes! :wink:

I’m with @Josephine_van_Rijn, I do not have INW Va in my stash. And I stand with her on the comments about the INW absolute concentrates; additions, not really stand alones.

I got tired of looking for a good VA tobacco and just made some NET. The synthetics were all too floral for me. I just stepped in another pile of poop the other day with the BCF SC VA Flue cured…tasted like a grandmothers 20 year old bottle of rosewater perfume from Avon! :confounded:

2 Likes

HOOT :joy:
I’ve got Golden Virginia SC but I cannot recollect the taste of that. Probably a bad sign, or maybe not cause if it was really foul I would’ve remembered. :grinning:
I would have to mix a batch of that to refresh my memory. :pulling finger out: emoji

3 Likes

Yup, seems NET is the next logical step in my quest for tobacco taste. Holding out high hopes for Kentucky FLV too, but either way I feel exploring NETs will be inevitable.

2 Likes

You won’t be disappointed! :grinning: The flavor factor is phenomenal! All the tobacco flavor without the fire! Or you can always add something to give you an ash or “campfire” quality. I’m a big fan of the INW DNB or FA Black Fire. :kissing_heart::dash:

I was just looking into getting some 5 or 2.5um filter paper to step up my filtering process; cull out a bit more coil gunking crap. :wink:

2 Likes

Oh yes, DNB and Black Fire is a must for me.

Have heard about the coil gunk. Just in the process of putting together a shopping list for my first NET. Maybe I’ll throw some 2.5um filters on there instead of coffee filters.

1 Like

what if i mixed 5% standalone in max vg ?

I think that 3% is plenty @hythoom and it will knock your socks off. Never tried it as a standalone, but judging how it mellows out at the 6 week mark, it might work very well.