Tobacco Flavors Tasting Notes (Misc)

i want a recipe of traditional tobacco , from my stuff iam searching alot but no one can help to get this stuff , i think isnt too difficult

1 Like

Awesome reviewā€¦

Thank You Sir! :slight_smile:

Tobacco Absolute:

Everything you ever wanted to know about tobacco absolute and then some.

And

Itā€™s a bunch of reading, but a lot of questions are asked and answered in these threads on ECF.

3 Likes

Cool. Iā€™ll be absorbing as much as I can on it this week. Thanks.

1 Like

Got some Seedmanā€™s on the way from WL as well! :kissing_heart:

These are not absolutesā€¦just sayins all. :wink:

1 Like

A few Tobacco Absolute mini reviews for the thread:

Below are all Inawera Absolutes:

Cuban Cigar:
Very nice absolute. This is dry cigar flavor. Use it to boost other cigar type flavors or in tobacco mixes which require a bit of ash to make the flavor of the mix a bit more realistic. Probably will not be used as the main flavor in the mix, as absolutes are typically used as additives.

Tobacco Garuda:
Like they say in the advert., tastes like fresh tobacco leaves. I see this used as as adding a fresh analogue kick to most any mix. I donā€™t get the ashtray flavor that some vendors say it carries.

Tobacco Oriental:
Oriental tobacco tastes runs the gamut from floral, to citrusy, to cigarlike, to curry, to musty funkadelic, to incense (like in church), to sour/tangy, to green olive. Mated with Virginia is really the best way to taste Orientals. This INW is no different; there are a multitude of flavor combinations happening here. To each vaper, it will taste different. Have fun! Start at 1% and go from there; I see it being used most, at roughly 2% with most mixes.

Tobacco Virginia:
Inawera Tobacco Absolute Virginia:
This is your light to medium Virginia tobacco flavor. Nothing earth shattering with this absolute; itā€™s just VA tobacco flavored, pure and simple. Start at 1% for mixing with other tobaccos to boost the VA quality. 4% is where it starts to get a bit harsh. 2 or 3% is the settle point for me.

Tobacco Cavendish:
Cavendish TA, just like the bottle says; Virginia and Burley mixed together with a slight sweet finish on the exhale; perhaps the suggestion of a light plum or prune on the tail end. Used to soften a possibly harsher main tobacco in the mix without adding a sweetener. Very nice.

Tobacco Dark:
This one will have to come at a later time. I have the absolute, but it seems as though I received a tainted bottle of flavoring. This absolute is definitely NOT supposed to have a ā€œcane mintā€ quality associated with itā€¦mine does! Perhaps I got a bad batch, who knows. But, I think Iā€™ll wait a few months before I reorder this tobacco from whatever vendor and give it another try.

1 Like

http://www.onestopdiyshop.com/product-p/tob50.htm What about this one? Have you tried it?

1 Like

Not yet, but Iā€™d like to have it in my stash. I have some pre-mixed MFS TA nicotiana tabacum, which is probably really close to the same flavor profile as the OSDIY TA; earthy, musty and a very organic leaf like flavor; perfect at 1 or 2 drops in a 15ml mix; brings out that cig like flavor for those who love a tobacco kick in the mix.

The MFS TA is a great absolute, thus why Iā€™m not rushing to purchase the OSDIY version. :smirk: Not that itā€™s a big deal, but with the the OSDIY version, one will need to ā€œcreateā€ their own tinture or dilute the TA in PGA or a mix of PGA/PG/VG; typically a 9:1 ratio gets you a 10% solution to use as you may.

If anyone is planning on purchasing this TA from OSDIY, get the 1/4 oz version; it will be enough to last a lifetime, if youā€™re the only one using it. :grinning:

2 Likes

In my search for different types of tobacco flavors to use in DIY, I started homing in on tobacco absolutes (TA) to add to my mixes as tobacco boosters. Enter Nicotiana Rustica.

Tobacco mixers in other forums raved about this TA and for good reason; itā€™s worth the small hassle of mixing the original paste form of this TA into a usable tincture for DIY.

I purchased this TA from Samara Botane :
http://www.wingedseed.com/15322/TOBACCO+ABSOLUTE.html

The TAā€™s original form is quite a thick paste, so itā€™s a good idea to warm the bottle before the mixing process.

Dilution Notes:
1 gram Nicotiana Rustica mixed with 9 grams PGA (pure grain alcohol) = 10% dilution.

I had success using 151 pure grain alcohol (PGA); combined the TA with the PGA in a 50ml glass beaker; placed the beaker in a bowl of warm white rice at 150 degrees for 15 minutes; used a milk frother to blend the mix; allowed the mix open air breathe for about 24 hrs.

After this procedure, bottle and mix at will. Iā€™ve found there is really no huge ā€œsteep timeā€ associated with this 10% dilution.

I experimented with a 50PG/50PGA solution at first. However, the TA paste did not want to completely dissolve; I was left with a very ā€œchunkyā€ tincture which had to be warmed and shaken to death prior to use in a mix. The 100% PGA version is highly suggested.

Flavor notes:
As close to really fresh tobacco leaves as one can get. The flavor is very light and lifting in nature with hints of an earthy, musty, salty flavor coupled with a very light fruit note.

Nicotine content:
Thereā€™s no definite way of determining the nicotine content of this TA in itā€™s final 10% mix. DIY Gurus say that the titration of a 10% dilution will not provide accurate information. Samara Botane reports the nicotine level is somewhere around 5mg to 25mg in itā€™s undiluted form. So, at the outside, a 10% dilution would carry +/- 2.5mg of nicotine. Iā€™ve mixed it with my ususal 5mg worth of 100mg/ml PG nicotine base and have not felt as if I were getting an overdose of nicotine in the vape.

Tobacco lovers will find this TA quite enjoyable. As the saying goes, a little dab will do ya, so for those heavy or dreary tobacco flavors youā€™ve been pushing to the back of the shelfā€¦this TA might be their saving grace. The addition of .25% to 1% of this 10% dilution will give those tobaccos the lift they have been needing to make them vape worthy.

Below are a few links to sites with articles concerning Nicotiana Rustica; very interesting.

http://www.alchemy-works.com/nicotiana_rustica.html

6 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to make up this list, iā€™m bookmarking it. I only use tobacco flavors.

I have recently come are Grandpaā€™s Choice from Avail and love it, wish I could figure out a clone, but am a newbie at mixing.

Iā€™m pretty sure avail vapor uses a lot flavorwest flavors. Thereā€™s a store about 40 minutes from me in Frederick, MD. Iā€™d start looking at fw tobaccos. Just a thought.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply , I havenā€™t used any of their juices yet Iā€™ve only been ordering TFA Iā€™m in Manassas so Iā€™m probably not too far from the store you were talking about