Tobacco Recipes

I actuall had one B&M owner get really angry with me and asked me to leave his shop, when I started talking about DIY and whether or not I could purchase supplies from him. There were like, 10 customers at the counter when he went into his tirade! Needless to say, that wasn’t the way to speak to any customer, let alone me (not a good idea to berate a Taurus); many back and forth choice expletives flew across the counter that day!

I got my revenge through internet reviews…countless internet reviews! :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Remind me never to piss you off. My Father was a Taurus. And he was proud of it :smiley:

…best undying friend or worst deadly enemy; it’s all in how we’re treated. :innocent:/:imp:

1 Like

We are definitely a strong willed bunch, that’s for sure. :wink:

1 Like

So as I am just beginning in tobacco flavors, I just ordered TFA’s RY4 Tobacco, and Black Honey Tobacco. Can you recommend a few good ones and some premium ones I should add to my next order? I am sure you have been asked this a bunch of times. I appreciate the help.

1 Like

I can give you a list :wink: I updated it to include Jim-approved tobaccos (at the bottom of the list, not the thread).

2 Likes

You beat me to the punch! :laughing:

Yes, the tobaccos on the flavor recommendation list are among the tobaccos I have and currently use. I’ll be updating that list via @JoJo once I get my INW tobacco absolutes and a couple of others from Poland. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks JoJo. But I was wondering what would be a good dozen or so to start out with. Because it’s going to take me months to buy all of those flavors :open_mouth:

I want some nice dark and very smooth tobaccos. Nothing too harsh since my throat is a bit of a wuss. And I want to be able to use them with vanillas, chocolates, and caramels for a nice sweet smokey vape. I guess going through the list of recipes here will get me an idea of which ones to get. But I was hoping I could get pointed in the right direction with some quick easy flavors to start out with. And I can’t really tell which recipes and tobaccos here would fit into my flavor profile and not be too harsh for me. Sorry if this seems a lazy way to go about it.

1 Like

To add to this, that is why I steered clear of tobacco vapes. I always thought they would be harsh. But I found that wasn’t so when I tried that Moriarty, and now these other two juices. I am kinda hooked on them now. I never knew they could be this good and I see why Jim likes them so much.

1 Like

Okie dokie, I’ll throw a few at you that would be to your liking; I know what you’re saying about wanting a few to try that are winners. Taste is subjective, but I’ll try to keep you in the flavor profile in which you’re searching. :+1:

1 Like

Where do you purchase most of your liquids? Please say BCV!

I buy from all of the main suppliers. ECX, BCV, Gremlin DIY, Heartland, Wizard Labs, etc

Oh, and now that Polish site yeehaw!

1 Like

ECX ~
Black Mile (accent on chocolate)
Or
Black Mile Plus (accent on chocolate)
Mile Seven (cig like w/maple note)

SC ~
Black n Mild (accent on chocolate)
Cohiba (cigar like)
French Pipe (pipe tobacco)
Parlay (cig like)

Hangsen ~
Arabic (pipe tobacco)
Desert Ship (cig like)
Highway (cross between cig/pipe)
Turkish (cig like)

Now, my gut feeling is that the flavorings which are sold by ECX as “tobacco express” and the ones sold by Bull City Vapors as “SC” (super concentrates) are from the same vendor overseas. The flavor profiles between the two are just about dead even. So, if the tobacco names are remotely similar, my guess is the flavor profiles are the same.

And don’t forget to buy some INW DNB (dirty neutral base)! It makes all of these tobaccos even better at between .5% and 1%. It just brings out the tobacco goodness in any tobacco flavor. I haven’t tried the ECX tobacco absolute yet…but the next time I order from them, it’s on the list!

3 Likes

Thanks for your time. I will order them all next week.

1 Like

Almost forgot:

INW ~
Gold Ducat
Dark for Pipe
Tobacco Absolute Garuda

3 Likes

I was wondering why there was no Inawera in there lol. Thanks again!

1 Like

I was distracted the first go round by cat fights in the house! :pouting_cat::scream_cat::smirk_cat: …had to deal with a bunch of pissy felines!

2 Likes

I knew I forgot something! I have an order of tobacco flavorings on the way, and forgot the INW DNB, duh!

I’m trying some FA Tuscan Reserve and Shade, and some INW Gold Ducat for the first time, so I’m looking forward to those. I am giving Hangsen Magic Mix a try as well. I like to toss in a new Hangsen or two, with orders.

I also ordered Desert Ship, TAB, Arabic, Turkish, RY1, & Highway, to build up the Hangsen stash a little.

@LordVapor start low on the TFA Black Honey, and work your way up. I use that as an enhancer / sweetener in some of my tobacco mixes. My taste buds found it to be quite potent.

2 Likes

I’m composing an email to Drew at BCV that lets him know he should think about stocking more Hangsen and Inawera flavors. His pricing is great; way better than RTS Vapes and somewhat better than EXC. He just needs to get vendor pages with forums and offer some discounts better than 5 to 6%. I know they’re a small company and having low prices in the first place is awesome, but a little bit of advertising and good coupon codes goes a long way to raking in the customers. :wink:

3 Likes

I forgot to mention, that Vapor Chef stuff I got was 6mg nic. I vape at 3mg. This stuff took a bit of getting used to. But I am handling it ok. I can’t wait to get my flavors and start mixing. Do you just do a natural steep for a month to 6 weeks Jim? Or do you do any accelerated steeping at all? I have the magnetic stirrer hotplate that I have noticed really gets custards steeped quickly. So I am curious if it will do the same with tobaccos.

1 Like