Tobacco Recipes

Speaking of NETS here are my new babies.

4 Likes

Oh thank you very much for the link, you practically read my mind. I remember you mentioning ethanol extractions a while back in context to reducing gunk. Will read up on this.

I’ve been a bit quiet on Reddit lately. Mostly just lurking. Work has had me pretty busy, managed to post a few this week tho and will hopefully get back in the groove.

1 Like

It can be taxing to keep juggling everything when you’re a busy individual! :wink:

Very true. It’s satisfying in some way tho. Having received so much help from people like yourself, it’s the least I can do to give back and pass the knowledge forward. Best community on earth! (especially the tobacco heads :))

1 Like

Plz any suggestions for good mix " mocha tobacco "

1 Like

You might find some good info in these threads:

Or put coffee or mocha into the search line and you’ll find a great number of folks have searched for a coffee or mocha flavor… then, just add your favorite tobacco concentrate and BAM!!! :boom: …there’s your juice.

3 Likes

My opinion is that ry4double is not really a tobacco flavor.you know it mostly is caramel and vanilla and just a light scent of tobacco.at 10% as a solo test after 20 days steeping i am pretty sure you get mostly burnt caramel.maybe try it in lower percentage.about 5-6% and 15 days steep would be better.but still not a real tobacco flavor.it is good in all kinds of mixes from tobacco to apple pies but if you look for a real tobacco mix i think inawera is really the only way if we leave out the net concentrates

1 Like

That’s what I always thought but been to afraid to say out loud :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

a real tobacco flavor cannot be mixed with apple pie or vanilla bean ice cream or cream cheese:smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve never been particularly impressed with what RY4 Double brings to the table, either. It seems to be a very popular choice, when added to bakery or dessert type recipes with multiple flavors, that are then called a ‘tobacco’. Maybe it’s just me, but when a recipe with a 10% total of various flavors has 1.5% RY4D added, why bother? I don’t think I’d be able to tell there was even a tobacco in there.

1 Like

With people that usually don’t like tobacco’s. Like Soho it does very well in bakery, dessert juices but I wouldn’t call it a tobacco juice either.
I’m :duck:ing now waiting for the backlash :no_mouth: :zipper_mouth_face: :fearful:

2 Likes

Well, I’ll share some of the backlash with you…lol.

Out of the RY flavors I have tried, I like the HS RY1 the best. I mix that 50/50 with HS Indian (RY1 also goes well with HS Highway) to make a tobacco ‘base’ for a recipe. If I want to steer it a bit, towards a RY4 ‘style’ combo, I’ll add just a bit of INW Vanilla for Pipe, and just a bit of FA Caramel Candy. I figure since it’s a tobacco mix, why not use a vanilla tobacco for the vanilla component? Besides, it’s the only vanilla I have…lol. But it works.

I think the trick is start with a good tobacco ‘base’ then add just a bit of the complimentary flavors to move towards the RY4 type flavor desired. I dunno, that’s just my thought process. We’re DIYers, why use someone else’s version of RY4, when it’s easy to build a customized version of our own.

2 Likes

it is a popular choise because it is a safe choise. it doesn’t mess up tobacco or dessert recipes if used in low %

ry4 flavors are mostly virginia-burley tobaccos mixed with caramel and vanilla.i also use vanilla for pipe but i think vanilla shisha inawera is also a very good support in tobacco recipes

1 Like

I have both of them but have never tried them together. Thanks for the tip and sharing the backlash. :wink:

1 Like

Has anyone tried Red Burley Flavorah vs Burley (FA)? I want to buy Red Burley but here I can find only the FA version…

Personally I’d go for the Flavorah, it is the best burley around according to the people who’ve tried several.

2 Likes

Thnx. I have seen the notes that’s why I want to go for Flavorah but have you tried both?

Nope, before Flavorah’s came out I had avoided the burley of any vendor because of the bad reviews it got from people that I trust when it comes to tobacco flavours.
I had enough flavours that I didn’t like already :wink:

2 Likes

I will trust you on this thank you!

1 Like