Too Sweet!

So I mix for my gf and she keeps telling me her juice is too sweet.
She vapes mostly tobacco flavors Virgina, 7 Leaves, and so on.
She says there all too sweet.

I added Bitter Wizard from 1-3% and lessened the VG to 50\50, still too sweet.
Even Dark Bean with BW @ 50/50!

I don’t want her to start smoking again. Any advice?

2 Likes

Try Western TPA. A lot of people like it and I really don’t see how anyone could ever consider it sweet, let alone too sweet…

5 Likes

Perhaps she should look into naturally extracted tobacco. :wink: If she likes it, you can eventually make it for her yourself.

I’ve vaped plenty of liquids from the company below; can’t go wrong with these guys:

http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/mobile/default.aspx

This is the company that got me into making my own NET back in 2015.

5 Likes

@ringling - Thank you, I will add that to the short list.

@Kinnikinnick - That is very interesting… Like the site, love the advocacy. I assume you would use the extracts like a flavor concentrate. at around what %age? I’m considering the extract sampler pack. I know it’s all subjective, but what three extracts would you recommend?

The Dark Bean is anything but sweet IMO.
With her feeling it’s too sweet, I’m thinking the carrier, the vg/pg with its natural sweetness is too much for her. Any thoughts?
With VG being sweeter maybe 30/70 20/80, can you use too much PG, too little VG?
Are there other carriers we can use?
Dilution with water or alcohol?

3 Likes

You could try a non palm vg. Palm vg is the sweetest Imo.

1 Like

I consider these two not sweet either:
TFA Mild Black Tobac
TFA Red Type Blend Tobac

1 Like

Yes. With the extracts I produce (except for heavy Latakia blends), the mixing percent is around 15% to 20%. If you chose the “extract samples” from naturally-extracted-tobacco.com, purchasing the 5ml amount would be enough to make a bit more than 30ml per extract type. I use approximately 4.5ml of extract for a 30ml mix.

With ALL of the choices that naturally-extracted-tobacco.com has… my head would explode trying to choose just 3! :rofl:

My suggestion would be to have the missus look at the site and see what appeals to her.

VG choice? … this issue is purely a matter of personal taste. I can tell you that Soy derived VG is not as sweet as Palm derived VG. I’ve always found any PG more along the lines of bitter than sweet.

I’m a 100% NET tobacco juice vaper and have found a 50p/50v or 60p/40v base ratio to be very pleasurable; throat hit is important to me.

Dilution with distilled water was never pleasurable to me… to much snap, crackle and pop in my atomizer. Some folks do use vodka instead of PG as a way to thin down their heavy VG mixes. I prefer PG.

When thinking about purchasing extract, keep in mind that some Virginia and Cavendish tobaccos can tend to be on the sweet side. Burley and Orientals are much less sweet and more cig like.

3 Likes

I am not sure what you are looking for in the very big tobacco flavor landscape, from chew, to cigars, to American Cigs to Gauloises and Players Navy Cut.

Well of course no discussion of this type is complete unless someone mentions www.want2vape.com. They are excellent, top shelf NET extracts, but not on the American Cig side of things. I use them to as adjuncts to my NETs, but I am building analogs to Nicaraguan Cigars, for that they work excellent! Not sure they would really fit the bill for Marlboro work-alikes.

If you want to try a simple and inexpensive base mix flavoring that is very dry and in the A.Cig side of things I can recommend: this Tennessee Tobacco Flavor Concentrate You can use it as a standalone, or as a base to build something more complex.

2 Likes

TFA Mild Black now it is called "Cigarillo"
TFA Western (aka Cowboy Flavor)
any of the above with more than 2-3% and tobacco will take over and you may dislike it!

TFA Red Type Blend - this is by far my favorite to mix in almost anything.
TFA DK Tobacco - with time, this one grew up on me to become my favorite tobacco flavor…

P.S. don’t forget the TPA “Red Oak” - interesting imho…

I would say try some TPA… i suggest

1. Tobacco
  2. Cuban Type
  3. Western Type

unfortunately my Era with Tobacco flavors wasn’t really long (like 1-2 months in overall) so i haven’t tried many others…

Apologies as I’m sure this has been addressed, but does NET contain nic on its own? I would imagine there has to be at least a little, but the site you reference has no mention of nic (at least from what I have found).

1 Like

About .01% … if that. :wink: Our lowly, simple process of macerating DIY NET is not conducive to the extraction of nicotine from the tobacco. Thus, one of the reason why NET sale vendors can offer 0% nicotine selections. :grinning: With DIY NET, you get ALL of the glorious flavor from the tobacco, but no nicotine.

There’s a terrible amount of “laboratory hubbub” to properly extract nicotine from tobacco leaves. :flushed:

I was well into macerating my own tobacco before I even heard about these guys… but, they are highly spoken of in others forums. Plus, if you read some of the user reviews on their website, most customers are super happy with their product… especially their cigar extracts. :grinning:

as far i know yes it has… natural tobacco has nic inside it… so even at a small quantity it should have… though i don’t have a clue how much is it, and if someone is able somehow to control the amount of it when extracting it…

though if someone else knows any info about it would be great :slight_smile: i would also like to know how long NET is ok with time etc… i had vaped a NET juice at a time… i left the bottle in my desk… after like 2 months when tried to vape it again it was REALLY awful… if there is an expiring date to NETS and someone knows the answer would be great to know :slight_smile: thank you :slight_smile:

A little update
Made my GF a batch in 80/20 and she says it’s much better. : ) Progress!
My next step is to order some VG soy along with a NET Burlly.

Prety excited about the NET’s. If she likes them it will be a fun new endeavor and possibly renew my own interest in tobaccos.

Thanks guys for your time and help.

1 Like

Welp… you only have hundreds of tobaccos from which to choose! :flushed: Making your own NET can be super rewarding in many ways. The biggest one… when you realize you can make about 1000ml of ready to vape eliquid for less than $10 to $15, depending on the tobacco you macerate! :flushed:

1 Like