Total cost of recipe on mixing side

Im sure most of you know all about this.
But i just stumbled across it after 6 months so leaving a link here for anyone else who hasnt found it.

8 Likes

Handy but all I need to know is my juice is tastier and cheaper.

8 Likes

My Windows based juice calculator factors cost also. First time I saw my bottom line compared to what a vape shop charges for commercial juice was a real eye-opener! Gave new meaning to the term ‘markup’.

6 Likes

Ejuice and drop in coils are like printing off money for vape shops.

8 Likes

I’ll second that. also made me wonder who is more greedy. Big tobacco or the local vape shop claiming they are cheaper than cigs and not as greedy a big tobacco . granted they are cheaper than cigs

(Capella) Dragonfruit

Nicotine Strength6.00 mg
PG Level50.00%
VG Level50.00%
Flavor Level10.00%
Amount to Make30.000 ml
Cost to make$ 0.63
Local Vape shop $15.00 (would call it there value line so you think your getting a deal and half the flavoring to save money )
IngredientsIng %DropsWeightVolume
PurNicSalt - 100mg Smooth Nicotine Salts6.00%36.01.863 g1.800 ml
Nicotine River - PG34.00%204.010.588 g10.200 ml
Nicotine River - VG50.00%300.018.900 g15.000 ml
Capella - Dragon Fruit10.00%60.03.114 g3.000 ml

3 Likes

Not saying there isn’t a fairly high markup on juice. But the actual cost of the ingredients is but a small component of overhead. Overheads should also be calculated into the price including staff, storage, facilities, utilities, distribution for the manufacturer then you have to add in the lick that the retailer takes plus their staff, storage, facilities, utilities which all have high costs.

10 Likes

Of course. That’s a given. Commercial juice is more in-line price-wise nowadays than it was a few years ago. Remember paying $27.00 for 30ml of Five Pawns?

6 Likes

It is a hard one. When I see vape shops, I wonder how they make any money. On the other hand, online shops selling juice at multiple dollar/pounds/euro for 10ml are taking the piss a bit.

2 Likes