TPA/TFA Tasting Notes

If you do go the BCL route, I definitely recommend Black Fire…

Thanks for the tip!! I’d be doing the 4 samples like you… 1x BM… 1x BF… 2 lucky dips!

I hope I haven’t oversold BCL and you’re not disappointed but since you’ve experienced the disppointment of TPA Cubano and from what you’ve posted, I think you should be pleasantly suprised!

Fear not, @Cloud_Gerbil!..dont forget, ive still gotta toss a coin… but im sure all will be good, one way or the other!

Just wondering if you’ve ever had naturally-extracted-tobacco.com’s Balkan ejuice…Would really like to know if it’s like Balkan Sobranie pipe tobacco - how I miss that!

1 Like

I have not tried the Balkan, however, I have tried all of the NETs in the first post of the above thread. I can’t say enough good things about Clay’s NET liquids. Haven’t found one yet that wasn’t worth the money. Some of my favs were the French cigs and the Shunjis Delight.

The guy knows his stuff, so I imaging the Balkan is really darn close to what you expect.

1 Like

Am I the only one who thinks this I not a great strawberry flavor? All I get is the taste of how bad breath smells…
I see this in almost all strawberry based recipes. :confused:

I really like Strawberry Ripe (TPA). I usually use it mixed with Sweet Strawberry (CAP) at a 50/50 ratio.

What percent are you using it at? Example recipe?

3 Likes

I love it and I mix it with the Capella Sweet Strawberry as well but there’s a lot of other Strawberry flavors out there. The best in my opinion is Red Touch Strawberry. Have you tried that?

http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-liquid/browse-flavorings/fruit-flavors/strawberry-by-flavourart.html

1 Like

Is Strawberry - FA the same as “Red Touch Strawberry”?

One of my go-to flavors and for several friends too. I have a 65PG/35VG base and use the ripe strawberry at 10%

Not that I know of, I’m pretty sure they are different.

Its no way near real strawberry imo. Tried it at various % and combos…

I’m also one that’s had a tough time finding a strawberry that taste real-ish to me. I went through several of the highly rated strawberry and strawberry combos. I find this taste best IMO of all the trials I’ve had…

(Flavor Base) Strawberry New

Ingredient%
Coconut (FA)0.25
Pyure0.5
Sour Wizard (FA)0.5
Strawberry (Medine Flower)2
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)4
Strawberry Shisha (INAWERA)2.5

Flavor total: 9.75%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

I stepped up the Strawberry MF to 2% for an extra strawberry boost and to help the concentration. I use it at 5-6% single flavor.

Just plug this into the calculator and click “Make flavor base”

From Bullcity…

I don’t even use it after using FA and Capella’s Sweet Strawberry. I’ve also heard really good things about Flavorah’s.

They’re the same. FA has a funny habit of renaming their flavors to have weird names. They do it often and randomly. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sounds like you got a bad bottle! Strawberry ripe to me is on the ‘almost’ fresh, actual real strawberry side. If you go 50/50 using that and Capella’s Sweet strawberry you have about as close as I have come to actual strawberry. With sweet adding that almost candy edge, but not quite. They work really well together. I recently got Inawera strawberry and find that one a little strange.

1 Like

More often than not you can improve the flavor of any sweet fruit by adding a hint of either salt or sour to it. It’s kinda funny you add something to make it sweet then have to add a hint of sour to bring out the sweetness and round out the flavor for your palate

IMO the flavoring in the bottle smells better than it tastes in a standalone vape. It’s a great mixer, but I haven’t had much luck trying to use it as a standalone.