Trouble with my wismec Reuluex rx200

I have had this thing for 2 years now, and it has never given me a problem, I have a Japanese tank, and not sure what it’s called because the name is scratched out, i had recently taken the coils out to clean them realizing they were really bad shape. So i took them out and realized i am out of stainless steel coils. So my question is, can I use my E string on my guitar (thickest string) and use it for an SS coil? Also I have never really changed the coil before, but I had a sleeper coil in, and I tried putting it back in but my rx200 keeps reading atomizer short and then when i make a small adjustment it say atomizer low, i have tried taking batteries out ad putting back in, but just inst working.

1 Like

Not sure what an e string is made out of…so probably no. Also…what is a sleeper coil? I’m so intrigued.

1 Like

The E string is just the thickest string on a guitar, and it’s made out of stainless steel. and a sleeper coil is just like a parralel coil, where the coils are parralel from each other on both sides of the atomizer., but yeah the guitar string is stainless steel

1 Like

Vape wire is designed with a set amount of resistance, It’s heating wire usually Kanthal
Actual Guitar string is not resistance wire at all so your Mod reads it as a dead short.
You need some true vape wire in Kanthal, Stainless or TI.

4 Likes

Almighty, that makes it much easier, thank you so much, take care and have a great day, also one last thing, how much does wire usually cost?

1 Like

Best deals are whole spools online but in a pinch I can buy a few feet of most any grade and size at the local vape shop for a dollar or two. Check the local shops as most do carry wire and premade coils in addition to the walls of juice and mods-batteries.

3 Likes

the answer about the guitar E String… is
NO NO NO NO and NO!!!
the guitar string and ANY other Instrument strings are NOT kanthal or SS or whatever… they were NEVER ment to be used that way… they’re made for providing sustainable sound (something plain ss can’t do … or at least NOT in the form WE use it as vapers) Guitar Strings also get a lot of bacteria, dust etc etc… not a good thing to place for your vape… plus you/we can never be sure from what is made… or the quality of metals in strings…

Atomizer low/short = means that the resistance you make with it is lower than 0.1 or whatever your mod can fire… so you can’t use it,…

the best way to say is “i hope you’re trolling atm else this thing is totally brainless”

3 Likes

I pay about £4-£5 for 100m (330ft) of any gauge wire (SS, Kanthal, Ni80, Ti, etc) and I know you can get similar deals in the US. Any SS or kanthal should do, but you have to check the resistance of your coil before you put it in the mod. An RX200 takes coils between 0.1ohm and 3ohm.
You can go to steam-engine.org to see how many wraps of which wire you should use to get a ohms that you like, how much power the coil will take, heat flux and so on. Kanthal A1 is higher resistance than SS, so a little bit easier to work with for beginners, but it doesn’t do temperature control.

1 Like

wow, golly, i never thought about it that way. the more you know right? and that is a good way t put it, and good thing i am learning, and yeah, dont wanna get sick for a stupid mistake. what coil should i use? and preferations? what do you think best?

Yeah, well I am trying to do cloud chasing, with a mix ratio of 30%PG and 70% VG and uses for good clouds, and use a thick 6mg of nic. what woud be a good set up for further more clouds?

Also I used a sleeper coil, which is basically like a parallel coil, but closer together, in a tighter formation and is not in a bundle of two when wrapped around.

stop trolling lol

1 Like

if you like warm vape, and some kinda big clouds… i would say just buy a Kanthal A1 wire, 24ga to start with… Claptons, SS, Ti, Ni are for more advanced builders and require some more experience than yoy have right now… try to build with it a resistance of like 0,3 - 0,5 and you will be fine… safe, warm, with much vapor…

if you like a cooler vapor (but not so big clouds) move to 26ga… and that’s all…

start working with 2,5 - 3mm Inner diameter and everything will be ok…
good luck and have fun m8…

3 Likes

Alright man Thank you so much! and thank you for the info and knowledge, Never new what to do, and yes obviously you can tell I am a beginner. But thank you, and hopefully I can become wise like you xD take care and if I have any further questions I’ll ask you man.

1 Like

sorry for being kinda harsh… it’s not bad not knowing bad… i am dying for like 3 years now and still learning… i am no better than anyone else… though there is one golden rule and i guess noone will disagree with that…
“Safety first” everything else comes second :slight_smile:

if you want some help with all this, you can ask anytime :wink: i would suggest you download “Vape tool” for your android device (no clue if there is a version for iOS), it can help a lot … :slight_smile:

1 Like

:laughing:

3 Likes

yeah man, thanks, and no porb no worries, you’re all good, i knew what you were trying to do and say.

I wouldn’t say ss316L is more for the advanced. I would say all wires/and coil building, just like making ejuice, requires that you read and educate yourself first.

Personally I believe people need to understand things like ss316L results in lower ohm builds when compared to kanthol for example. That Ti for example is a tc mode wire only. That understanding principles of ohm’s and the understanding that just because the device is regulated doesn’t mean perfectly safe when running super sub ohm on dual 18650’s. And so on.

Just a random thought. I’ve only been building for alittle over a year and happy that I started using ss316L a week into building once I got the hang of kanthol.

3 Likes

good in a nutshell advice for a beginner…like me

1 Like