Truth and Science behind Ceramic Coils according to Uwell?

I agree with you. Ceramics seem to be dryer than straight cotton and wire builds. I do like the flavor produced by the Joytech ceramics that go in the Ultimo, but it is dryer than my Aeronaut RDA with just organic japanese cotton and a single coil build. I just wish I could have a rebuildable tank that tasted the same as the Aeronaut and didn’t leak. The Aromamizer tasted as good, but it leaked like an SOB. The ultimo doesn’t leak at all. I’m going to try the clapton coil that came with it next to see the difference.

The other ceramic coils sucked. Got the Dolphin, and it leaked horribly and after dry burning and replacing the cotton never tasted right again. The Ccells were just bad. Burnt, funky, all around horrible.

1 Like

My ultimo performed well with the first ceramic coil I put in, and the second…got about 500mls of juice through each of them before they started tasting gunky. Third coil was a dud and tasted gross and kept dry hitting even with 50/50 juice. Fourth coil is probably at about 80mls put through it, maybe a bit more. Had some dry hits and it’s not performing as well as the first two. This always seems to happen for me with coil heads, two or three duds per every 5 pack. Gets expensive after a while.

2 Likes

I have read the article Uwell posted WITH pictures. I for one believe what they have to say…It makes sense… I have a Krixus tank that I absolutely love…After dry burning the coil to clean it @ 30 watts after vaping on it for a few tanks I have noticed changes on the ceramic.!! Im not going to use it any more at least for now Hopefully the damage hasnt already been done. It’s too bad because I like it alot…The flavor…not having to buy coils…or wire…But it’s just not worth it…Don’t need microsopic slivers of glass in my lungs! Not after smoking for 40 years and vaping because it is supposed to be a healthier alternative…It would just be defeating the purpose in my opinion. If it’s bad, real bad as it sounds…big deal I just won’t do it and use the kanthal, titanium or SS …If it turns out that there isn’t anything to worry about…Well then good I will use it then…It’s not the end of the world, but if it’s bad it very well could be the end of the world…Or at least my place in it! So I will heed the warning and maybe live a little longer healthier life…

1 Like

I honestly dont trust the information tbh, it’s like if coke turned around and said pepsi caused cancer but didnt have an independent study to back their own findings… and @mmice scrapping at it with a piece of metal to to produce ceramic powder hardly proves that with regular use I am inhaling any significant amounts of ceramic… and you work for uwell dont you?

4 Likes