Trying to quit

@MichelleR How much do you smoke? How strong are your cigs? Also do you want something that will last you all day without changing batteries and refilling juice? If you give us this information it will greatly help the community to recommend hardware and the nicotine strength of the juice that you should buy. These are the questions that I should have asked a year ago when I started purchasing e-ciggy products. 3 products later and much money wasted I found something that worked well for me. I could have saved lots of money with good advice.

What I can say for certain is that small cig-like devices are crap, they are unreliable, need charging often, have a very small juice capacity and struggle to give a moderate to heavy smoker the amount of nicotine that their body and mind cries out for. All of this means that you will be constantly be fiddling with an annoying device that could break down at any minute and doesn’t satisfy your cravings.

This can work for you, as it has worked for me. Give us some info and we’ll try to help.

1 Like

OMG, a pack of 25 smokes costs about $30 AUD in Australia, thats about $24 USD! I bought a new car with the money that i’m saving by vaping.

5 Likes

I agree. Start with a local vape shop to try on things… vape game has so many options. You’ll find something perfect for you. There is a device out there for everybody to get them off the cigs… took me 8 months of vaping and smoking simultaneously till I put the smokes down. Now been 8 months of only vaping.

1 Like

Well, damn! I chose the wrong country to quit in!

4 Likes

I quit smoke with vape not because I have the decated Ego battery and the Justfog 1453 Clearomizer but because i find an e-liquid that works for me and I like. After 3-4 weeks I take a Eleaf iStick Pico and a Doggy Style RTA.

2 Likes

I treated smoking like I did drinking over a quarter of a century ago. I found a friend that had successfully quit using vaping. He and I went to a vape shop that he used. We all talked about my habit and I ended walking away with a ago eio that worked well for me along with some 12mg 50/50 juice that they mixed right there at the shop. I don’t think that is even possible now with the government involved. I watched a number of forums for folks that I could connect with and made sense to me. “Stick with the winners”. I found a woman on another forum that was really sharp and definitely a winner. I consider her my mentor yet today. She is always one step ahead of me and has “been there done that”. Most of the tanks and atties that I used in the early times are no longer available so I apologize for not being able to help further than philosophy.

3 Likes

@MichelleR, once you pick up some stuff, please come back and read stuff under this “Beginner” Category! Lots of folks come through just like you …like all of US, and ask the same questions. Lots of good info and enthusiasm as you can see. We share successes and fails, that’s how we all learn, so feel welcome to share what you end up getting. There’s no wrong answers. If it works for you? …it works.

2 Likes

The ones in the tank the bvc coils I seen people do it on YouTube so I figured I’d give it a try the coil it self came out fine just had a funny cotton taste i tried torching the coil maybe I should try a different cotton the one I’m using is Japanese cotton sheets not treated or bleached maybe I should get the bleached or treated stuff