Ultrasonic cleaner - Final thread

I do with mine - The first few times I covered it, but then the temperature rose too much :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

I second that even in my little one. Iā€™ll run it with the lid shut but then after it heats up Iā€™ll leave it open.

1 Like

I have read that the USC will develop the flavors about as well as a one week steep.IMO I find this is pretty accurate.I think taking notes is the key to everything.Taste and take notes at different times and you will see what flavors develop when.
Taste is very subjective and whats works best for me probably will not be the best for others.It is important to find out what works best for you.Please let us know what you find out.

1 Like

hello people!

iā€™ve got my USC and it works fine. speeds up the liquids very good!
but manufacture wrote me that i should not let my cleaner work rapidly for such a long timeā€¦
they sujest to stop it every 3 minutes, which sounds like bullshit to me.
it looks like serious machine and not a childā€™s play ā€¦ can this be true?

please share your experienceā€¦

i have: enter link description here

all the USC brands usually made in china and i donā€™t think thereā€™s much difference in functions and stuffā€¦

Itā€™s waaay better than mine and I run 4x30 minute cyclesā€¦ back to back. Iā€™ve had it over a year now and itā€™s still chucking.

1 Like

Thanks Pro! thatā€™s what i thought tooā€¦ itā€™s bullshit that this baby cannot run 30 minsā€¦

You let it rest for 15 mins. between cycles?

1 Like

I donā€™t rest mine. Just feel it to see if itā€™s heating up.

1 Like

@Seekerom , that link looks the same as the one I have.Mine also stated that it should not be run continuous in the manual.Why did they build in a timer capable of 30 minutes?:unamused:
I run mine usually in five cycles of 15 or 20 minutes.I let mine rest between cycles to help regulate the temp. I have ruined a batch because I let it get too hot.Most of the time now when it gets up to temp ,I turn the heater off.
So far so good but I havenā€™t had mine very long so I am wondering about the possible damage myself.If it self destructs I will do things a bit different in the future.

If your USC can do a 30 minute cycle, you really donā€™t need to turn on the heat. Mine has no heater and gets just about as warm as Iā€™d ever like it to be just from the vibrations.

it IS heating up :slight_smile:

i set temp to 45 and when it reaches 38, i turn off the heat 'cause it will get to 45 by self heating.

well, abot the over heating - iā€™m usually around to check the device from time to timeā€¦ when it once got over heated (it was my first batch), iā€™ve used advice from one guy here - threw ice cubes in the water ā€¦ after it melted, used a huge syringe to take out hot water and adding cold water from different sides. made this until iā€™ve regulated to the desired temp. - i didnā€™t want to stop the process, thatā€™s why iā€™ve done all those strange manipulations :)))

another thing about over heating - i donā€™t add nicotine to the batch untill iā€™m done with heating cycles. after iā€™ve finished 4x30, i let the juice cool a bit, then add nicotine and then mixing with a mixer and let it rest in a drawer.

anyways, after two times of dealing with my USC iā€™ve understood how it works more or less and yesterday when iā€™ve made my 3rd batch, havenā€™t had any issues at all. only have made stupid mistake myself while mixing - was making a huge batch for my wife and when i had to add VG, took the bottle with PG ā€¦ terrible :)))) iā€™ve noticed that after iā€™ve added pretty much from that bottle and had to make my batch even bigger to regulate the flavors ā€¦ from the other side, after that mistake, my wife will have almost 1 liter of her fav. juice :joy: :joy: :joy:

Question:: is it ok to make 2 cycles of 30 mins today and then finish other 2 tommorow? or it ruins all the process?

It shouldnā€™t be a problem splitting your cycles. I suggest you try other methods also until you come up with a process that works best for you. I just stuck with that method because I can see my mixes have a darker color after the 4x30 minute cycles.

There are several steep methods that vary from user to user. The method I told you about is my method. Certain flavors react differently to heat. I donā€™t use the usc or heat with Medicine Flower flavors. Iā€™m sure there are other flavors that donā€™t like heat, but I havenā€™t came across a mix that didnā€™t benefit from my method.

2 Likes

Good evening everyone! :slight_smile:

Before Iā€™ve started using USC, I was letting my liquids breathe for 6 - 8 hours.

Do I need to do so after USC too?

Iā€™ve used cleaner for the first time not long ago and made a batch. Let it breathe over night, checked it after 1.5 weeks and I have a feeling that it has lost some of it flavor.

Maybe, it has not finished steeping , maybe Iā€™ve made a mistake which I do not understand. But in the past Iā€™ve made the same liquids without USC and it was fine.

Anyone has any idea about this case?

Anyone? :slight_smile:
Help!? :)))

Comrades? :wink:

From what I have read on here, you only need to let a mix ā€˜breatheā€™ if it has alcohol in it, otherwise that is all that youā€™d be doing is letting the flavors evaporate out. Heating the molecules or agitating them a bunch then leaving it open, would most likely explain the loss of flavorā€¦

Thanks! Actually I thought that breathing is essential for every recipe and always has left them breathe overnightā€¦

conclusions: Iā€™m very pleased with my USC model, recommended! after experimenting with my USC, iā€™ve came to this strategy:

• 4 cycles of 30 mins in USC. Rest 15 mins between each cycle to cool the cleaner.

• Sometimes, USC heats too much by itself, so during the cycles I check the temperature and if its too high, take out some of the hot water and add some cold water. I do not go higher than 40 degrees.

• As long as the temperature is not good for creams, I donā€™t put Cream flavors in the USC. I add them after the circles are finished.

• Heat is not good for nicotine. I never put it inside the USC. Only after Iā€™ve finished all the cycles.

3 Likes

Iā€™d just toss ice cubes in mine when Iā€™d run multiple 30 min cycles back to back. Havenā€™t been using it much lately though. It doesnā€™t seem to be making a huge difference when my mixes are sitting for weeks before I can get to them. Never really noticed the USC causing problems with it degrading my cream flavors or my nic either.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be glad when I reach that point!
Itā€™s getting closer though! As I just ordered another 20 bottles from Grant and team @Nicotine_River

Likewise. Zero issues with nic degrading due to heat (but then again, Iā€™ve confirmed mine never goes above 118F either, and thatā€™s on hot days where itā€™s 76 indoors)

1 Like

vape mizer or misor on you tube the guy gives a great demo with a custard step by step he shows the process which equals 2 weeks steep shows a natural steep and thw usc comparison color taste etc sorry i dont know how to link it from my phone but check it out

Is this the one?

1 Like