USA United Squonkers of America

Stumbled on to this and had to laugh. It seems like a few reviewers on YouTube are jumping in posting videos about this situation with VOOPOO #BoycottVoopoo

7 Likes

Using the flask but other 510 fill bottles would work just as well with this method. Works great for me just keep pressure on mod bottle from step 2 to 3

6 Likes

Wise words from a wise member… yes I could get on with the 510 fill, and deal with the atty removal and the up and down fill rotation and all that. I’m not the laziest bastard out there. But, the thing that decided it for me already, is that I only have two of the 510 bottles. And they’re expensive! It’s a pain for me to meter out enough of a flavor for a fill or two, then wash it out, try not to waste juice, and fill it with another flavor for a fill or two. I’m not lazy, but I am cheap. I don’t want to buy a dozen fill bottles just to have enough to keep from constant bottle filling with various flavors.

So I bought the magnets today. Ordered them anyway. I’ll cut the silicone sleeve in half and glue it to the mod to accommodate removing the battery cover. Otherwise I will just leave it off.

Oh, and I just figured out why is seems to be such a mess to fill, weepy. One of the 510 fill bottles has a tear in it where it meets the cap. Should have ordered the magnets when I ordered the little bottles. Dang.

2 Likes

I’ve read this over and over and I don’t understand. You’re talking about the Gbox right? I can’t picture what you’re referring to.

I got a silicone sleeve to put over the mod is all I meant. It’s one piece so I need to separate it to make the removing door thing happen. Up the thread a few posts is a picture, orange and black.

[/quote]

I’ve read this over and over and I don’t understand. You’re talking about the Gbox right? I can’t picture what you’re referring to.
[/quote]

Some pictures here might help…

(link Also posted in the topic by @worm1 in a reply on Jan 25, '18 )

1 Like

Ah, thanks. Had me scratching my head. Yeah that may prove a little of a pain. Bring the photos when you’re done :wink:

1 Like

?click the link, read the text, see the pretty pics

1 Like

Taking off the cover was a pain for me. (Tiny tight screws :grin:)
That was on my GBox S100. It died just after a battery change exactly 5 months (with less than 300 ml’s of juice through it) from the day I got it. Somebody mentioned that I might have a bad connection so I thought I would check. (They looked okay)

I wish you all better luck with yours!

Thanks for the link. I actually did that conversion weeks ago along with the magnet modification for the squonk bay door posted by @JMak642 I didn’t understand Mr Fish was talking about a silicone protective sleeve in his previous post. We good now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

can I just throw this in here. this works nice, a bit top heavy, but with the 3 battery mod is no problem. I can have any build I want in the rda as power not limited by single battery.

6 Likes

A breed apart from any squonker I’ve used. Fully mechanical, 3 18650s in parallel, easy to tear down and clean. Hits like a truck.

10 Likes

I left the sleeve off. Didn’t want to deal with it. Anyway, the descriptions and product links here helped tremendously. No issues and it went better than I expected (I can be clumsy and breaky at times). Also, my camera skillz are less than mad, so I apologize for poor quality. Very happy with this upgrade. Astute readers will notice this one is silver and not red; this is my wife’s. Mine is also converted to magnets as well.

2 Likes

Outstanding job there brother. And her mod looks amazing. :+1:

2 Likes

@SthrnMixer, @anon44944642 I am considering ordering the Gbox. I’ve read up quite about on it and I have two concerns-
1- I’ve read about people having issues with the 510 coming loose
2- I’ve read that some people think the mod doesn’t deliver the power it is set to.
Any thoughts?

1 Like

No issues with the 510 thus far. Easy to tighten if it does come loose, I guess. The nut is at the top in the second fuzzy picture. As for the power, I haven’t had any issues but I do not push it; I vape in the 20w’s. I think Southern does push his though, hopefully he has some knowledge on that.

4 Likes

No issues with either of your concerns. I don’t run it at max power, but have ran it 120W+ and feel it’s delivering. One thing though, I don’t own an inline meter so it’s purely academic. But I’m used to my builds and the vape at certain power levels and I will say it doesn’t slouch. Also, this mod above any other will operate at full power at a greater level of battery drain. I think that cutoff is 3.2V which is comparatively low among comparable mods. Now if only Geekvape hadn’t put that stupid ass 80w limit in temp control :wink:

4 Likes

Big thank you too @SthrnMixer and @anon44944642. 8vape has these for $56.00. Gonna have to put an order in.

4 Likes

Congrats, I think you’ll like it. Mine had a broken solder at the battery contact cup, but I have not heard of that anywhere else so I assume it was a one-off. Easy fix though and almost certainly not a concern for anyone else. Let us know in a month or so when you get fed up with the stock bottles and do the silicone upgrade!

3 Likes

I’ve read through that too and will do that sooner rather than later.

3 Likes