USA United Squonkers of America

A breed apart from any squonker I’ve used. Fully mechanical, 3 18650s in parallel, easy to tear down and clean. Hits like a truck.

10 Likes

I left the sleeve off. Didn’t want to deal with it. Anyway, the descriptions and product links here helped tremendously. No issues and it went better than I expected (I can be clumsy and breaky at times). Also, my camera skillz are less than mad, so I apologize for poor quality. Very happy with this upgrade. Astute readers will notice this one is silver and not red; this is my wife’s. Mine is also converted to magnets as well.

2 Likes

Outstanding job there brother. And her mod looks amazing. :+1:

2 Likes

@SthrnMixer, @anon44944642 I am considering ordering the Gbox. I’ve read up quite about on it and I have two concerns-
1- I’ve read about people having issues with the 510 coming loose
2- I’ve read that some people think the mod doesn’t deliver the power it is set to.
Any thoughts?

1 Like

No issues with the 510 thus far. Easy to tighten if it does come loose, I guess. The nut is at the top in the second fuzzy picture. As for the power, I haven’t had any issues but I do not push it; I vape in the 20w’s. I think Southern does push his though, hopefully he has some knowledge on that.

4 Likes

No issues with either of your concerns. I don’t run it at max power, but have ran it 120W+ and feel it’s delivering. One thing though, I don’t own an inline meter so it’s purely academic. But I’m used to my builds and the vape at certain power levels and I will say it doesn’t slouch. Also, this mod above any other will operate at full power at a greater level of battery drain. I think that cutoff is 3.2V which is comparatively low among comparable mods. Now if only Geekvape hadn’t put that stupid ass 80w limit in temp control :wink:

4 Likes

Big thank you too @SthrnMixer and @anon44944642. 8vape has these for $56.00. Gonna have to put an order in.

4 Likes

Congrats, I think you’ll like it. Mine had a broken solder at the battery contact cup, but I have not heard of that anywhere else so I assume it was a one-off. Easy fix though and almost certainly not a concern for anyone else. Let us know in a month or so when you get fed up with the stock bottles and do the silicone upgrade!

3 Likes

I’ve read through that too and will do that sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

Hello world of wonderful squonk people! I’m considering a visit to planet squonk, this mod is affordable enough for me to justify buying lol but is it worth buying?? Any help is appreciated greatly!!!

Also, I know that some rda’s can be converted to a bf pin, I have an original tsunami, a wotofo freakshow v2, a uwell rafale x, and a digiflavor lynx I would convert if possible

so may 3d printed ones out now but it comes down to the guts, good copper contact strip coated w/ silver would be the caddilac

1 Like

All it says in the specs is gold plated contact plate…

id reviews/comments by buyers there, FT buyers are nice about posting thoughts. The FS v2 pos post would have to be drilled and its a bit power hungry, the tsunami would work, not familiar w/ other 2

1 Like

Here’s a good resource as to what rdas can be converted and pin sizes
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/vapers/t/2468144/squonking-at-fasttech

2 Likes

The freakshow v2 is definitely power hungry lol and that’s without the side airflow open, it’s a windy lil sucker lol

Awesome thanks a lot, I read this whole thread the other day and I think that link was posted somewhere already but there are over 1000 posts here now lol

2 Likes

np, so here it is again…that price aint bad but perhaps find decent one w/o an rda and convert tsunami, the pins are cheap

2 Likes

looks 2.5mm so if u shop elsewhere just get similar length, when i doubt go long since the posts arent in the way
http://www.modmaker.co.uk/Mod-Making-Supplies/Squonk-Parts/RDA-Squonk-Conversion-M2.5-Screw-Pack-of-3

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks a lot

1 Like