Using pen springs as coils?

about 18000 watts and a rolled up cotton blanket should chuck the vape lol

5 Likes

7 Likes

If you’ve got a dead toaster lying around, just salvage the heating wires from inside. If I recall, it’s either kanthal or nichrome…

5 Likes

If you absolutely have to MacGyver something out of nothing in the middle of nowhere, why not? Just heat it up over a campfire until it glows red, then let it cool down slowly. Afterwards, you’ll be able to unwrap some material for the leads.

Boil and dry a cattail inner core for the wick. You can also use moss; I suggest sphagnum – it’ll be sterile right away.

Happy bushcrafting! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I wouldn’t vape with a pen spring. There really no way of knowing what type of metal they are using. Could be pretty bad.

2 Likes

Considering the OP’s total lack of participation in his own thread we can now with total certainty say that it is a troll post for sure.

Instead of feeding the troll i suggest that @JoJo or @Ken_O_Where locks this thread.

5 Likes

wait no i was serious… could copper wire be used?

1 Like

Only vape copper wire with a plastic bag over your head just to be safe…

DO NOT VAPE COPPER WIRE OR PEN SPRINGS OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS NOT MEANT TO BE VAPED. ALSO, DO NOT PUT PLASTIC BAGS OVER YOUR HEAD.

6 Likes

lloool how about stainless steal?

i just want a wire that is more widely available in electronic shops, kanthal is kind off rare here

1 Like

The following grades of stainless steel have been shown to be safe for vaping.
316 and 316L
317 and 317L

Not sure about any other grades.

4 Likes

I guaran-damn-tee you if that were where I live I would have already gutted a few pillows and wicked that bad boy up. I’d plaster a great big sign above it that said Vape THIS!

6 Likes

thanks man :wink:

1 Like

No problem.

1 Like

Where is ‘here’?

2 Likes

Sinkantahlonia, TX. Ball pen capital of the world.

9 Likes

But feeding trolls is fun. I would suggest creating a Troll category. Move troll posts and replies to that section, then at the end of the year, we could vote for Troll of the Year.

7 Likes

While we’re here anyone got a good blue ink recipe, it has to be blue ink :yum:

6 Likes

No. Manduded go boom and end up in youtube video. No.

5 Likes

Here are the ingredients, and the preparation techniques…

And…
the mixing procedures…

12 Likes

@manduded
NO! Manduded you can’t even make a pipe for smoking “other stuff” out of copper pipe. Why you may ask; because when you heat copper to almost red hot, it releases its own vapor, which is poisonous.
Well what about copper cookware ? Copper cookware is copper CLAD, not solid copper.
Just bite the bullet and go buy some kanthal

1 Like