Uwell Crown - Someone save me!

Hi all, I have a Uwell Crown and I’ve really been enjoying it. However recently I was vaping a liquid that was basically clear in colour and I noticed that it was turning amber whilst in the tank. I emptied the liquid out and noticed it had brown streaks running through it as well. After removing the coil I noticed that it had a thick black crust on top.

Like any normal person would I replaced the coil and continued vaping. Within a day BOOM. Same problem again.
This is driving me seriously crazy, can anyone help?

Pictures of the (what was) clear juice and coil with wick pulled out after 2 days…

http://postimg.org/image/3lorh7u4x/
http://postimg.org/image/3lorh7u4x/

If you are vaping a very sweet juice, or running the coil a little too hot, this can happen. The brown streaks or “discoloration” of the juice is caused by the heat oxidizing the nicotine, and is normal.

Try turning down the wattage and/or temperature you’re vaping at, and that should help.

You may be able to clean your coil head via a soak in vodka or isopropyl alcohol, and then boiling in water for about 10 minutes or so. Allow the coil to dry out completely before using again.

2 Likes

At least it’s not turning purple. :wink:

4 Likes

Jo Jo to the rescue!

Yes, it was just the juice. How annoying, it was really tasty juice as well!

It’s not dangerous or anything. It’s actually pretty common. You’ll find as juice ages it often turns an amber or brown color. Like @ZeroedIn in said, this is the nic oxidizing. A lot of people actually use the color change as a gauge of whether or not their bottle of juice is done steeping.

1 Like

Yeah I know my DIY juices change colour whilst steeping, just never seen a clear juice turn to a dark brown whilst inside a tank over the space of a day, especially whilst the juice in the bottle is still clear to this day lol.

Just burning my coils out to quickly. JoJo, whilst you’re active, I don’t suppose you have any experience with Blue Ice by flavour west?

Sweeteners can do that sometimes as well. Yellow (Cake) by FW is notorious for gunking up coils super quickly. Now we all know it’s because it has sugar in it. Most flavors DON’T have sugar but sucralose has been known to do the same thing. Is it a really sweet juice?

It was Lost Arts - The Grape White. I grab a bottle of shop liquid now and again to keep things fresh. Terrible mistake, just completely destroys my coils lol.

Any word on the Blue Ice?

That’s too bad. Oh well, now ya know. LoL. I replied on the other thread. :wink:

Oh my, you’re just too good! I’ll take the conversation over there!