Valentine's Day contest - FLVFan sponsored!

More than welcome… both contest winners (here on elr and one from my site) have been sent in… I get so tickled when I know they have flavors headed out to people from these contests… :slight_smile:

You get to feeling better @scifoc!!!

sounds like a plan @fidalgo_vapes i am still amazed… I had fun too, so big thanks to everyone here in the thread… thanks Tz for that recipe too :wink:

I am offline for a while… will be back after my vacation is over… :wink:

8 Likes

Enjoy your vacation ttyl

6 Likes

Off to make some banjukes and organize tools and more!!
Laters @fidalgo_vapes :smiley:

4 Likes

Just woke up! Did I miss anything?
Did I win!?!
Oh my ! Congratulations @NChris :raised_hands:
Thanks for the Chance @anon84779643 :raised_hand:
Off to make a pot of Coffee & get ready for work :point_up:

7 Likes

More than welcome @Mark_Turner, and yes, @NChris got lucky…
I have my own coffee :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Congrats Chris and thanks Blue for the contest.

Most enjoyable.

6 Likes

More congrats out to @NChris, and very nice of @anon84779643 to set this up for ELR.

8 Likes

Now let’s hope @Flavorah might let us do it again sometime! :wink:

I hope @NChris will share his thoughts on the flavors he picked out… can’t wait till he gets them!

6 Likes

Flavorah should very seriously consider it, the only flavors from them I have is rich cinnamon, cinnamon crunch cereal, and cream. I bought all of those flavors due to recommendations from people on this forum, and the more people experience flavorah the more likely you are to get more flavor notes from people, thus increasing exposure.

Flavorah flavors are expensive, so far the ones I have bought have been worth every penny but there is always trepidation when buying a flavor that’s more expensive than average because even if you like strawberry, you might not like flavorah’s strawberry.

Giveaways and samples can really sell someone on something, we use cottonelle toilet paper in our house cause my fiancé got a free sample in the mail 12 years ago and she liked it…

7 Likes

Congrats @NChris.

Thanks for the thread @anon84779643.

5 Likes

I have been doing flv giveaways now for 2 yrs this May thru my fb page… I just thought it’d be nice to do one here… and Lars and I have been talking in it for a while… so I have to say a huge thanks to him too, for allowing this here…

True FLV is expensive, but if you want the best compounded flavors, from the best sources, you have to understand why they cost so much. Unlike most companies that dilute things, therefor making even more profit on diluted flavors, use more buy more… and yes it is a bit steep… however, you get what you pay for too… use less spend a touch more… and it was pounded into me… if I use less, it is better for me… You see, most are so used to using more, they get ahold of a flavor company like this and apply FA or even Cap amounts, and come away with… what the hell is this? It really takes only one drop to change anything liquid, so go slow, take things simple, easy slow the roll… and enjoy what you mix! Once you understand where it is you like one flavor… putting a 2-12 flavor recipe together is and will be a snap! it is that easy… :blush:

Will see… I will talk to the gang and find out what I can do for both flv and you guys… I do have other hobbies and work, but I can work around things… will keep you guys updated! :smile:

8 Likes

@Fishaddict420 You got three excellent, heavy hitters there.

6 Likes

Im not denying the fact that flv is more on the expensive side, at first glance at least, especially if people using it at 3+% (not saying you do it)

But thats a discussion for a other day :wink: i know smoky loves that topic of “flavor waste” so much, i might get slapped with her cup of coffee :rofl:

Anyways, i wanted to ask where you buy your flavors? I cant afford getting them directly from flavorah, wish i could so, however i accumulated quite a few of them.

Bull City, as well as diy vapor supply do offer a re bottled 10ml version of some of the flavors. Mostly at around $3.80 - $4.20 and i understand its still more than a 10ml wonder flavors or flavourart bottle at $1.99-$2.25. But that might be an option if you are just wanting to experience some of them.

Im not saying go buy it there etc, at the end its everybodies own business of course, but im mentioning it since some or not aware of this, or just cant afford buying the full size at full prize from flavorah, including me…so no judgement here :wink:

Hope it helps!

Edit: not that it has anything to do with it, but if they would make a cute commercial (i know bad timing currently) it would help too. Reason i buy scrubble bubbles or charmin ultra soft. Super cute stuff clearly helps to sell :rofl:

6 Likes

I can not slap with my coffee cup lol… I might spill a drop :stuck_out_tongue:

Toying around with a few ideas… but I know I will be busy for the next few weeks… will see… Re-sellers are an excellent source for both deals and smaller sizes… just depends on how you want to go. I am sure if enough people ask for say 5ml bottles… suppliers might listen too. :slight_smile:

In all honesty, a 15ml bottle of flavoring lasts me between 1-3 months. I do mix my recipes as shots and sell those, but not counting that, yes, 1-3 months on average, depending on what I am putting together. So if @BullCityFlavors is listening… here is the first request for 5ml sample sizes… :wink:

I also have a new project I am working on with one re-seller, but it will be a few before it can be announced… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@eStorm I get my flavors from the usual places, and @anon84779643 I do understand the reason flavorah costs more, and I think it is worth the value, but I have also mixed for almost 2 years before trying my first flavorah flavor, because of the cost variable. I’m just considering those people who, like me, are frugal, getting some samples or giveaways into those people’s hands would probably increase sales, because if the flavors are good then they speak for themselves.

I don’t go outside the recipe side of this site and the forum usually for info about a flavor, and if I do then it’s only because there are not many notes here. So more people on ELR having flavorah means more notes on the flavors, and more potential buyers lol.

4 Likes

Well I am moving all of my notes around on my site… started 2 weeks ago.
As I get time, will be updating those too… but now there is room on the site for others to have a spot for their Flavorah notes too… should anyone want to… :slight_smile: Still toying about the front of the site… I could just move the forum to the front… thinking on it. :smile:

https://flvfan.com/forum/index.php

4 Likes

@anon84779643 I love the SMF platform.

4 Likes

Im there, @SessionDrummer… I have put many sites up using smf… many years ago it seems. The last 2 weeks was a trip thru all kinds of sites that I had put themes on and code bits together… memory lane lol… :stuck_out_tongue:
I had at one time quiet a few themes and mods… but when I left, I shared most… I think I only have one mod left and surprising, it still works! :open_mouth: but the platform suffered greatly, has been split (forked), my best friend Crip died… and I had moved on… I still dont know if I want to go back, but playing with the site I have was a lot of fun for me… :slight_smile: It still needs my own theme… just dont have the time like I used to.

2 Likes

8 % cap vanilla custard
3% inw shisha vanilla
1%fa marshmellow
0.5 % supersweet
aka sam babcock on fb
valentine contest 2020

1 Like

1 Like