Vanilla custard

retail and DIY are the same thing, they are DIYers who sell their liquids. A lot of times a B&M makes liquids for low powered tanks and use more flavoring or will use sweeteners, many of us dont. A lot of DIYers got into it because they were using high powered devices and couldnt afford to keep paying for a 30ml/day.

DIYers and retail use pretty much the same flavorings, VG/PG.

3 Likes

When Flavorah first started they ran a deal, buy one of their packs and get one free. I asked for all custard because some of the mods on the DIY sub said it was the best they ever had. Now this is just me but i didnt like it anywhere near as much as CAP VC V1 so i gave it all to my nephew, now i regret that decision. I havent bought any of their flavorings since, i really need to give them a go again.

I love MF fruits, they are real fruits but arent always the best to use in a mix. For example i prefer to use Banana Cream (LA) Colorless in my banana mixes, i like the candied pudding taste of the LA BC over real banana. I like the strawberry a lot but it is missing something that i have been fond of since i began vaping and that is the smell of Strawberry Ripe (TFA).

As with all the flavorings and companies it boils down to taste perception and preference. Even with MF extracts being real fruits i still compliment some of them with other flavorings of the same kind.

Hope that makes sense, im heavily medicated, hehe.

4 Likes

The only other thing my B&M did that I didn’t at first was they used a Ultra Sonic Cleaner and a magnetic stirrer.If you are already doing this then I haven’t a clue.
I started mixing with a frother and started using the USC.IMO ,this does knock about a week off of the steep times.I also feel that the USC hurts in the long run by heating the nicotine but there are many who disagree.
Now on the juice that I know that I like I mix in bigger batches so I always have some ready.Steeping is only an issue when you don’t mix enough.

3 Likes

And some of the aroma molecules we use are very volatile and break down with heat. I used to use one myself but noticed a marked difference in some liquids that were put in the USC and those that i shook by hand and put on the self for awhile.

When i mix i mix flavorings and nic then homogenize. I then add VG, pop on the lid and shake it well. On the shelf it goes for varying lengths of time depending on what it is.

4 Likes

Thank you and yes that makes perfect sense.

1 Like

Perhaps that was what I have experienced because I didn’t really get a peppery bad nicotine taste ,it was more of a muted flavor thing that I noticed.I have already lowered the temps when using the USC to 45 Celsius.If I can still taste a change I will quit using it all together as well. Thank you again for taking the time!

2 Likes

It doesnt happen with all flavorings, some are just more delicate than others. Since i make a lot of fruits and custards heat wasnt on option for me.

Always happy to help. Im sure some will disagree with me but they are wrong, hehe. Just kidding of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion. It would be nice if the flavorings companies released component lists so that we could make informed decisions based on science but so very few do.

@daath im getting some weird errors here when trying to post like, Body is too similar to what i recently posted.

1 Like

Everybody has opinions, I am still so new that I haven’t formed many yet.That is a good thing , that means I am trainable!

1 Like

where do you get the medicine flower vanilla custard from?

1 Like

I use MF Vanilla in some of my custards, they dont make a Vanilla Custard. :cry:

1 Like

so you use the mf vanilla instead of three different vanillas that you used to use. I also, add several vanilla’s together. so where do you get mf? i have not seen it in my travels?

2 Likes

Yes, it replaced my combination as the combination was used to try and mimic real vanilla bean vanilla. It takes some curing time as all their flavorings do, you cant shake and vape MF flavorings, none of them that i have tried at least.

You can get them from their website or from ECX labeled as Lotus Flower. I suggest you get them from ECX as there have been issues with buying direct from MF, their bottles will not hold 15ml so you wont get what you pay for. The 5ml bottles from ECX contain exactly 5ml, i have tested them myself.

They arent exactly the easiest flavors to use as you have to cure them for weeks before use and they are highly concentrated with no dilution.

1 Like

awesome, sounds like its my cup of custard. I am a patient man, and i like the sound of no dilution. Thank you

1 Like

Anytime. FYI, the Vanilla adds a bit of creaminess to liquids as well. Open Source Vapor uses MF for their mixes that they sell and they share the recipe. You can use these recipes to give you an idea of how they can be used.

Open Source Vapor

2 Likes

Ken_O_Where; i just looked at the lotus. being a vanilla custard lover what flaves do you recomend? maybe the hazlenut and the vanilla? anything else. it looks a little pricey to just buy willy nilly

1 Like

got ya you can disregard the last reply thanks

love it. It pay’s to be a night owl.

I havent tried the Hazelnut but i bet it is pretty good. I love the White Peach and Blueberry.

1 Like

Damnit, that sounds good. I will be mixing that up tonight, but I am going to toss some FLV VC into the mix.

A lot of good VC info here. I have been heating to 120 degrees since having my stirrer. I guess I should lower it down just to the point I can get the stir bar spinning pretty good.

1 Like

may i ask for some elaboration on this, please?