Vape Mail 2016!

Will definitely try to! -though I’m still working on figuring out sizes for coils relative to tank type etc.

I currently have 3 styles (thanks to the recent addition!) and each one seems decidedly different.

• Cleito RTA (tired of paying for coils)
  • Theorem (which is so easy to wick it’s stupid, but hate the glass.)
  • and now the Velocity styled RDA!!

Last kanthal clapton build on the Cleito was awesome (no leaks and no wicking problems), but when I replaced it, went slightly larger diameter only to find out that it allowed too much cotton to be fed, thus choking the inlets, unless trimmed…then trimmed too much. ><

So…yeah…gonna be a bit before I can give any kind of ‘informed opinion’ probably, simply due to still getting the base learning curve down. lol :wink:

3 Likes

@Sprkslfly
Not too much rocket science going on in vaping…right?
Then get into steam-engine and all them tools…need a degree like a Phd…
No problem if you spend time there to learn.
Making Clapton wire has become so easy…I do it all the time.
[Hey, nothing wacko like our Brother @Pro_Vapes ]
The bottom line is…wicking is an art in and among itself… not just device to device, but how each of us use the particular device.
There is no calculator, no YouTube vid, no nada,etc. that will give any individual a perfect wick for any situation. It is the only tool we don’t have available. [unless I am old and have missed it, and I am old(er)]
[photos withheld by choice]

8 Likes

Hey, Hey @ozo… It’s probably been a year since I made a clapton. Since I’ve been using Ti in Temp mode it’s giving me all I need in a vape… (minimal work with max benefits). But when I was on the clapton wagon, it was waaayy better than the standard kanthal coils that I was 1st introduced to.

6 Likes

Brother, you made some exquisite Claptons… some wild s++t
You deserve an award…maybe 10+ awards…
You get the “Golden Buzzer”. Confetti and all.
Salute …my dear capitan…do not be so modest…
you were kickin’ ass before there was ass to be kicked.
You can never run from the truth, it will always catch you in the end.
God bless you, and all you hold dear.

5 Likes

What gauge ect of Ti have you been using? Ohm, and ect.

1 Like

I also use 22g Ti with a 3mm ID, 5-4 wraps… It also ohm out the same.

1 Like

Yeah, this is more what I was referring to… lol
The size of the chamber (overall) dictating max ID on coils, while the well diameter that the wick goes into (for tank types) interacts with the coil’s ID, and the amount of cotton required to fill the coil while not over-stuffing the well…etc.

Not rocket science at all! -but definitely some technique and an art that has to be learned :grinning:

My progress reminds me of that Family Circus cartoon 30-odd years ago… I think it was Jeffy trying to hit a baseball and saying “Hey Mom!!! Come watch!! My missing’s getting closer!!”

I was so happy with and proud of that last Cleito build…now, if only I can reproduce it. :persevere:

2 Likes

I was finally able to order some flavorings. I placed the order Friday morning and it Arrived today . That is by far the fastest I have ever received a package. Thanks http://www.ecigexpress.com/… this was my first time ordering from them and I’m definitely pleased . I’ve always used http://www.bullcityvapor.com/ and never once had a problem . I feel like I’m cheating on them ha ha . Ecig express just happened to be cheaper that day. 28 new flavors to work with . I usually just
get the "sample size " because it’s just for me . My wife doesn’t like … well anything. She vapes a coffee cream by @OhmSociety and my own vanilla almond ry4.

16 Likes

Zippity-do-da…
Got a dozen more “writer’ bottles, 400 [four-hundred] 2” squares of Puffs organic cotton, 500’ SS wire, 8 new sizes of egg-shaped mag stir bars, 180 dissolvable labels, 8 new 30Q batteries, and a very special box from a dear friend on ELR that contained an EZ Dripper bottle and a ZapWrap for one of my CM 521 TAB’s… OORAH !!!

10 Likes

WHHAATT!!! No Pictures. That really suck.

8 Likes

I second that thought

7 Likes

We like pictures. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Pictures or you didn’t get any mail. :yum:

8 Likes

Just go’s to show we all :heart: you @ozo

6 Likes

No pictures, the camera is now safely locked in the xxx safe.

6 Likes

Such a shame. :frowning:

3 Likes

:frowning: :anguished:

2 Likes

Not the xxx’s, the camera.
[bad, bad camera]

2 Likes

[chuckle] @ozo you could just move the pistol over to the next table for picture takin’ …but that would probably knock another pistol to the floor, or worse, land on a sleeping kitty …so we getcha :wink: Protest duly noted brother :camera:

1 Like

Oh no, you didn’t just use the ‘P’ word !

3 Likes