Vape Mail 2016!

The best kind of vape mail is from a fellow ELRster. @woftam your package you sent me arrived this morning. So generous much thanks.

Can’t wait to get stuck in.

9 Likes

Rayon!

Have you used rayon before?

Cheers mate enjoy

1 Like

No just Koh gen do and team vape all cotton. What’s the go?

a little bummed i have no tanks that fit this nice and snug they all either have over hang or threads showing any suggestions would be appreciated its something that will drive me crazy

6 Likes

Some info here with links to days of info to read.

It’s a different animal all together. You have to pretty much forget everything you know about cotton when you wick with rayon because hardly anything you know about cotton applies.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more - rayon I find more is better and I still use a mix sometime cotton sometimes rayon.

2 Likes

Like most things in vaping, taste & equipment is individual & subjective, so YMMV.

I switched to Rayon almost a year ago, and haven’t used cotton in anything since.

The link above has lots of info & more links. I’d suggest hitting a local salon, where they do perms & the like, and see if you can sweet talk them into giving you a foot or so, to try it out. It’s not expensive. A 500 ft box cost me $13 (USD) and is enough for a lifetime or two. Just make sure it’s ‘100% Rayon’. Check the box if you can. They make a Cellucotton that’s Rayon, one that’s cotton, & one that’s reinforced. 100% Rayon fibers only, is what you want.

3 Likes

Thanks if you look at the photo above @woftam generously sent me some, hence the discussion.

I read the threads both here and ECF - here is my first wick of rayon whilst watching Busardo test different wick material.

This is the Rayon on this build, the tanks will require some learning obviously.

I’ve also got the TC working on my SS coil.

Loving your juice @woftam tried them all. So far the Pandemonium is my favourite. It’s great to taste someone elses mix. Yours are not as strong as mine but it’s better at your strength. I will play with lowering my percentages. Very good, your 5 fruit toot is really nice too. All good

Mr Wotfam has made my day

12 Likes

Cheers mate glad you like - have fun with the rayon lmk if you need more I have about 500 ft lol

3 Likes

Yeah I guessed you got one of those boxes, I’ll definitely get some for my self, want to try everything. Not experienced enough to settle on anything yet.

I need a dripper setup to do side by side testing. At the moment I have 2 different RDA’s I will get another Tsunami 24 that way I can do side by side tests. Like Rayon vs Whatever. This flavour vs this one etc.

2 Likes

The wicking looks pretty good on that RDA.

What you want to look for is gaps between the coil and rayon where the rayon comes out of the coil. Rayon doesn’t expand like cotton. It soaks up the juice and gets smaller. Always use more than you think you will need. To the point where you have a fingernail holding the coil while you pull a tight bit of rayon through.

RDAs are a good learning point. When you go to RTAs it’s a little different on wicking technique.

In an RDA I trim my rayon at an angle like a Mohawk. While you have your rayon untucked and flurrffed out, take your scissors and place them at the top edge of the coil and cut down at an angle so you have a lot less rayon that will need to be tucked into the juice well. For me the less the better. It sucks juice so fast it will amaze you.

2 Likes

Very good bit of information…I have also just received a sample of rayon from another wonderful forum member here so that I may try it…this explains a lot to me because I wicked a couple of my RTAs with it about three or four days ago and they were fine at first, but since have all started to leak…I think it may be because I didn’t put enough rayon in because I wicked it as if I were using cotton…so my guess is that it shrunk up a bit

2 Likes

Got this in the mail today from the very sweet Santa @DrChud. :grinning: :kissing_heart: Thank you so much!

10 Likes

Yep, we can fix that.

I posted a link to the rayon thread on here. Will bump that this afternoon and post some pics of RTA wicking.

2 Likes

Sally Beauty Supply [any beauty supply] , Amazon , etc.
Either of these two boxes [see product number]

5 Likes

Look at the PM I sent you :+1:

http://www.cremedevape.com/SvoeMesto-Provari-Cone-Piece

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to snag this guy since October, it’s the Sherman Tank by Asylum Mods. Myself, I call it the Scottua killer.:wink:

13 Likes

Without trim rings

With trim rings

11 Likes

ahh you got one, well done fella :wink: :+1:

1 Like