Vape Mail 2016!

Ya see, the difference between me and you, is when I’m finished with you and I walk away, I’ll go on and continue to be awesome…and most everyone here will agree with that. You? You’ll go kick your cat, or your dog, or your wife. Maybe pop some pimples. Smack the keyboard around. And you’ll go on and continue being an asshole…and most people will agree with that as well.
And saying you could care less and then proceeding onto an inglorious tirade only proves one thing, champ…
You stay here and fume, I’m gonna go be fucking awesome!

6 Likes

You have a bit of an obsession with this whole smacking keyboards … I’m on a phone, you’re still dooopid.

I had a look back to see why this is anything even to do with you btw, and seems it isn’t. SO you’re being some bitter little twat for what reason exactly? And what’s with all the stupid “kick your cat” remarks? You’re a moron with ants in your panties, maybe you kick your cat? poor thing …

Interesting thread and im not trying to bring up last night but what i have learned is if you dont use TC DNA doesnt matter ??? Is this correct and ill tell you i have never thought a mod could make juice taste better but since using my whiterose i have realized the mod does make a difference with flave and i only use mads in the power mode WATTS

1 Like

If power mode is your go to, then any old mod will do really. The difference for me is ergonomics, the display, insta-firing, looks I guess and then price. This Alien that I bought, I honestly wouldn’t trade for a Therion for example. It does everything I need without having to faff about in PC programs.

I think there’s a lot of snobbery in vaping and a lot of sheep. Buy what you fancy, check the odd review beforehand to make sure it’s decent then go for it, that’s how I swing

2 Likes

I would agree 100% with that. The DNA board does temp control better than all others IMO. But for wattage only, (or pure power as in a mech mod) then you could get a few good ones for that for the price of one DNA.

6 Likes

Ya i only do power mode , i was gonna get a hcigar beacuse of the reviews i have a wismec rx 75 that i love with the clieto tank its a great set up and the mod was 30 bucks and the hcigar 75 watt is like a bill the only thing that sucks is i cant make it through the day without having to switch battery once or twice bc single cell but i have back up batteries so its all good im like @Chrispdx i rather buy some flaves over hardware and i am pretty ignorant about mods but i know what tanks i like and dont lol

Get the Smok Alien :smiley: Honestly, it’s a dual 18650, but barely bigger than most single 18650 mods. It’s very comfy in hand, and has some nice features. Like balanced charging! yes, you can safely usb charge this thing. It pretty much acts like a stand alone charger, only you can still pass through vape. it’ll balance charge the batts, I’ve done it and kept an eye, and it does a top job.

1 Like

Ill put it on my list ty

1 Like

There’s a lot of nice mods and tanks about atm, can be tough to choose I know. Just find one you like, check the odd review, and then go for it, go with your instinct. Ignore the snobs :smiley:

2 Likes

your crazy lmao

1 Like

Not really accurate, but not far off IF you do your homework (watch Phil Busardo videos for technical data for instance).

I’ve used several mods that were pulse-y in power only mode, as well as others that started strong (nice even vape) but then, when the batteries started to drop off (various degrees depending on the chipset, and/or manufacturer) the vape got weaker and weaker.

One thing that the DNA does quite nicely in power mode, is delivers a consistent vape from start to finish on the batteries. Meaning, like a UPS (think a good quality pc backup power supply) adjusts for a steady output, whether it’s buck or boost.
What that means is, if the voltage from the input source is low, the electronics adjust for it. If the voltage from the ssg source is high, the electronics “ratchet it down” to where it’s supposed to be for the output.

So no, all electronics are not created equal. That’s why DNA mods are more expensive. There’s more engineering and technology that goes into them. Add on the fact they’re made in USA, and the price goes up more, because we don’t pay third world wages. Add on the fact that they intend on supporting it, here in this country, and you have to have a slight adjustment expecting a certain failure rate (whether it’s 0.2% or 3% doesn’t matter, it’s factored in by anyone with experience in business).

Anyways… I’ll stop rambling. Hopefully this helps. =)

EDIT: I forgot an important thought. You can find a good power only mod, in fact you could probably come close to buying two for the price of one DNA (assuming you catch the 133 on sale for $85 like I did, so while you don’t have to, if you ever decide to get into TC, then you know you’re already covered. I ended up falling in love with SS before I had used TC just from the quickness in firing, and tasting the metal in Kanthal, so combined with the technical ability of the DNA boards, the leap was automatic for me. YMMV =)

4 Likes

so i need to get a dna device to see difference ??? yes :slight_smile: ill get the hcigar vt75 watt one and put a clieto on it against my rx75 with same tank and ill get better vape , better battery life all that ???

I’m not claiming better battery life, just more consistent use of the battery in how it’s potential gets applied/delivered.

Battery life is good. But to me, it’s more important that I have a great vape from when the batteries are fully charged, all the way to the time comes that I get a “low battery” warning.

Hope this makes sense.

2 Likes

yes , i also have to program this right ?? are there default settings where i pop in a battery and all is good or do i need to set this up ???

For power mode, pretty much just pop and go.

You will have a learning curve once you decide to use TC. And you will have to use the program to do any fine tuning adjustment. That is the one major drawback to some though.

But, seriously, once you’ve arrived at your preferred program settings, it handles just like any other mod. Set it and forget it.

I’m not pushing it, not do I think it’s for everyone. But for those who enjoy the technical, or are savvy enough (and care to) to wrap their head around all that’s involved and comes with the territory of such a mod, it’s excellent. There’s plenty of folks that are smart enough to, but just don’t want to be bothered to go that in depth, and I can totally respect that POV too!

It’s all about knowing your own preferences, especially when there are so many options. :wink:

Some folks are happy with mods that pulse (as they can’t tell the difference) and there’s nothing wrong with that. Some would rather have longer battery life above a consistent vape experience. Nothing wrong with that either. It’s all about knowing yourself well enough to wade through which does what, and part of that is sometimes only learned by trial and error. So sometimes a risk is still a risk. All we can try and do is minimize it.

4 Likes

I’ll do a review once it’s steeped :wink:

got in some more flavours yesterday

15 Likes

and some cool Legos!!

7 Likes

14 Likes

As much as I absolutely love that (having grown up with the first generation of Legos…which incidentally, followed my love of Lincoln Logs!)

STOP FEEDING THE FDA’s ARGUMENT for protecting the kids!! (Even though this “kid” is in his 40’s…) You’re making me want to go buy Legos again!! And that’s precisely what the FDA is trying to protect me from! I think… :pensive: :thinking:

7 Likes