Vape Method (Sub Ohm or Plus Ohms)

An unregulated device just gives you the power directly from the batteries, which then “sags” as the power drains. A regulated mod contains electronics that ensure a consistent voltage/wattage :smile:

Good for you! Researching, when it comes to this hobby, is key to your ultimate enjoyment. I’ve been at it for over 2 years and still learn something new every day it seems. This is an excellent forum in which to gain knowledge without the “slap down” and snarky comments that come with other forums.

2 Likes

I do agree. I personally am more than fed up with the “alpha dog” attitude seen in many a Vape forum.
Its just so tiring to deal with and soo unnecessary BUT that said I have found that this one forum to be the best so far and for some reason it seems to cater to a crowd less inclined to show off as the 'alpha dog" so badly needs to do :wink:

I have no doubt you can always learn and will keep doing so. Admittedly I found the learning curve on this much more extensive than I first expected but feel I have finally come around the huge corner and now it will slow down a bit as i grasp it all much more now.
The problem with the internet I find though, is that yu can read and read and read but one does not necessarily retain the information, or a good part of it. Theres too much. Its too overwhelming. Studies have been done that show those that write notes when learning, using a pen/paper/notebook tend to retain the facts needed far better than those that type it in on the web.
I believe that. When you write it down and in your mind speak all the words, visualize them as you write I think its a more natural way of learning but being hit with soooooooo much information, I cant begin to think of all the things i have read and then months later read again, completely forgetting i had likely read it at least once already. Having so much I believe makes it impossible to retain much beyond the points that you are looking for in particular.

So, I say that as I am very glad, more than you could possibley know, to be coming out the other end…i now am taking a 3-4 week break before starting my DIY learning process as my brain REALLY needs a vacation :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks. I did know that. I think i must have been really tired when I asked that question as i never did ask it properly. What i was really trying to figure out was what the attraction to unregulated devices were. But thats my fault as I did not pose the question properly. Brain Cell Overload!

I have since discovered that the unregulated ones are more often used for clouds and are the ones I usually seeing being used by those making huge clouds.
Since clouds have never personally been of interest to me, as taste is what I am after only, I hadnt paid attention to anyone speaking of the unregulated ones.
That being said, thank you for your answer, even though I didnt pose it properly. I however am unlikely going to be buying an unregulated mod.
As it were i just bought the Sigelei 100W which is likely overkill as I am also thrilled with my iStick 50w but I did need a 3rd set up and figured it was best to think ahead as 30W at one time seemed adequate but now I wouldnt go under 50.
I didnt buy the Sigelei 150W for that very reason. I doubt the Vaper I am will ever even need 100W and clouds are definetely not in my repertoire now or in the future :smile:
Thanks again!

2 Likes

I’m too old for drama! Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt…burned it!

I have a bazillion bookmarks concerning every vaping topic imaginable for reference when I can’t quite remember what I read somewhere. Fyi, the search bar on this forum is great for that; push in a couple of words and it’ll take you to the topic in which you have questions.

1 Like

I’m using plus ohms atm but it’s going to change soon :slight_smile: Quite excited.

1 Like

@seoulja; Your list of what’s coming in vape mail is a good sign of that! Have fun and be safe!

It’s really weird to hear you speak the horror of your experience with other forums. I had the same experience but only in reverse. I started hear so when I ventured out I was expecting things to be same everywhere. But I was sadly mistaken. Here’s a post I made a few days ago. Reddit Users

Wish I could say i was too young to have any idea what you are atlking about but im not and understand perfectly…but ive burned 100 t-shirts. Will check those links out. A bit later. Am presently about to do my first coil on my delta tank ll without any help and this might be an amusing next 2 hours so will check in a bit later and browse those links :wink:

TIA

1 Like

@ShelaghDB; Woot! Just put on some motivating music, grab your favorite beverage of choice and take your time.

Sorry to say, all those links are on my laptop, not in this forum. Maybe one day I’ll tranfer a few over.

Keep calm and vape on!

1 Like

I enjoy subohms.I like the clouds and enjoy building my own coils.

2 Likes

I have lilttle idea of this. I just know ave40.com from my friend. Can you recommend some for me. Thanks!
I just want to quit smoking by ecig

1 Like

Are you looking for a starter kit? How much do you smoke and what brand of cigarette?

I’ve only been sub-ohming for a couple of months and have to admit that it’s opened a whole new world. However, my job requires me to drive quite a bit to see clients and I always have my Nautilus at the ready. I haven’t really found an RTA that’s more convenient than my Nauty. I did build a .8 ohm coil for the Nautilus and was quite pleased with the results so I may play around with that some more as the coil heads get used up.

2 Likes

There is absolutely no reason you can not vape a subohm tank at 25w. In fact most of the people I know are vaping these tanks between 25-29w. I have a customer that got himself a Atlantis V2 and a Dovpo 50w mini and is using that setup at 7w, the lowest he can go. He’s perfectly happy with it at that low of wattage.

Funny how far we can come in just 2 months, since i finally began to both rebuild and went sub ohm.

I realize now i can Vape around 25w but stay usually between 25w-403 and do so on many of my tanks. On the Kanger Sub mini however, I seem to prefer that tank with wraps between 1-1.5 and only Vape at about 17w and I do enjoy it very much. But it took me a while to get the hang of this tank without dry hits. But now most of my tanks are generally at 0.5 and even then, I rarely Vape at too high a wattage.
Deltas, eLeaf Lemo 2, + some clones are kept generally at about 25w-30w.
Any higher and i find they drink my juice sooo much :slight_smile:

I got past the sore throat problem which was on my iStick. Once found, the problems all went away and i no longer have that issue. But I was in the middle of that desperatly trying to figure out what was wrong and to get past it. I was afraid at the time I might not be able to continue vaping.

Not sure offhand about the Atlantis V2 but correct me if i am wrong, but for example, the Delta is set to be vaped between 20w-40w so how can one go lower than 20w? Would that not affect the performance of the tank?
I am still not entirely sure of why some can, why some cant and just sort of stick between the numbers they give as a guideline…

Keep in mind that guidelines are just that, guidelines. Technically the guidelines were set up by someone that preferred the wattage set within the range they are giving you. You must realize that their guidelines just might not be for you. It’s all about PERSONAL PREFERENCES. That is what is most important. Will running a subtank at lower wattage effect performance, yes. you’ll save on juice, you’ll save on coils, a little less vapor. Taste may be different, may not. My advice, run your unit safely, and after that, run your unit the way you like it. You are the one that must be happy with your vape…

3 Likes

Tis true! I’m a single wrap, dual micro coil at .5 to 1ohm type vaper; tanks mostly. For the flavor and conservation of juice, I hang around 18 to 28 watts; personal preference.

2 Likes

I just gone back to plus ohm after trying sub ohm I didn’t like the no throat hit and direct to lung inhale so I’ve vaping my Dna 30 with nautilus tank and love it

With suboh vaping there is a chance of explosion and until you are a vape expert, you must avoid a hybrid. If you are a beginner to the realm of vaping and are not experienced in rebuildable atomizers, mechanical mods, or battery safety then I think it is safe to say that you are still not ready for sub-ohm vaping. The massive clouds can be made with it but then the device can explode and catch fire There can be accidents so you need to be careful using these. Do not use a hybrid mechanical mod.