Vape Shop Air Sampling by California State Health Department

Vape Shop Air Sampling by California State Health Department Suggests that Secondhand Vape Exposure is Minimal

Here are the major results of the air sampling:

Nicotine: Not detected
Glycidol: Not detected
Formaldehyde: 7.2 ppb
Diacetyl: Not detected using standard method
2,3-Pentanedione: Not detected using standard method
Acetyl butyryl: Not detected using standard method
Acetoin: Not detected using standard method
Acetone: Not detected
Ethyl benzene: Not detected
m,p-Xylene: Not detected
o-Xylene: Not detected
Toluene: Not detected
Acetaldehyde: Not detected
Acetonitrile: Not detected
alpha-pinene: Not detected
Benzene: Not detected
Chloroform: Not detected
d-Limonene: Not detected
Methylene chloride: Not detected
Methyl methacrylate: Not detected
n-Hexane: Not detected
Styrene: Not detected

The level of formaldehyde detected is consistent with normal indoor and outdoor air levels of formaldehyde under baseline conditions.

Other than the small concentration of formaldehyde, the only other chemicals that were quantified were ethanol (alcohol) and isopropyl alcohol.

The rest of the story

Sadly science has no place in politics, only money based on fear mongering…

21 Likes

So who is this d00d? Here is a bit about him from his blog:

Dr. Siegel is a Professor in the Department of Community Health Sciences, Boston University School of Public Health. He has 25 years of experience in the field of tobacco control. He previously spent two years working at the Office on Smoking and Health at CDC, where he conducted research on secondhand smoke and cigarette advertising. He has published nearly 70 papers related to tobacco. He testified in the landmark Engle lawsuit against the tobacco companies, which resulted in an unprecedented $145 billion verdict against the industry. He teaches social and behavioral sciences, mass communication and public health, and public health advocacy in the Masters of Public Health program.

8 Likes

Well that is a good day for vaping I like to see facts even thou like you say it does no good for the political side of things. Thanks 4 posting this Ken :sunny:

3 Likes

The infamous words of Slick Willy come to mind. “What is is?” How do you present facts to something that can’t or won’t wrap it’s head around the concept of is? You don’t.

4 Likes

If you can’t share a little formaldehyde among friends and strangers… IS LIFE WORTH LIVING!!! :flushed:

…I could think of a lot worse things passed between strangers and loved ones! :rofl:

3 Likes

Wow thats interesting. I always wondered about second-hand vape in thr air. I knew it couldnt be as bad as cigs for sure! A vape shop is a good place to check the air…every one I’ve been in I felt like I was swimming in vapor and walking like a blind man cause the fog is so thick. A lot of the small B & M’s around where I live do not have ventilation and most of the time you cant even see in the windows!

2 Likes