Vape Train Australia (VTA) Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer

Thanks a lot @TorturedZen, I hope to see some of your wordsmithing up here !!!

Thank you @Mizzz_Z_Hobbit

8 Likes

Whut’s wordsmithing? :sunglasses:

7 Likes

word·smith | \ ˈwərd-ˌsmith \

Definition of wordsmith

: a person who works with words especially : a skillful writer

8 Likes

Apparently I’m better at wordsmithing than I am at humor. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

Ooooooooohhhhh, LOL !!!

6 Likes

Maybe someone can move the notes out of this thread, into the tasting notes.

At least we would have them all together :wink:

6 Likes

Only a very few of VTA disappointed me this far. Since i made first order containing VTA, it again got me wanting to try to buy testers again without being recommended.

Since Shyndo recommended me the Pudding Base and the 10mls was sold out i took a chance on 30ml and loving it. I have been putting that in so many of my vapes from Cookies to Cheese cakes and instantly became one of my favorites.

The Shisha Mango is a must have mango, so sweet, fresh and ripe that you can almost feel the juice run down the chin while you vape it.

I started to use their Sweet Raspberry a lot too, and it is as described a very nice and sweet raspberry which is worth a try if you are into raspberries. It doesnt have too much bite to it, which i like about it. Many raspberries tend to be too prominent and takes over too easily, while this is easy to work with too.

Another of their flavors that really caught my interest is their Guava and for those who are into such fruits i can only say: give it a try.

I could go one and on with recommending because they are overall providing great flavors. But as any other brand they do also have some dumpster fires which has been a very few out of the 25 i tried this far. To mention those that comes to mind it would be Snake fruit and Chai Masala.

Snake fruit might be good if you need some sour and acidic notes in a mix and wont mind that your vape will smell like puke :face_vomiting:

Chai Masala is just so far from anything i hoped for and expected. Way too sharp for my liking where the ginger and cardamom are dominating. I wish it would have been better balanced with cinnamon and clove. I tried to make some test smoothing it up using some Cream Fresh FA and add some cinnamon on top, but didnt have much luck with it, but i didnt really care too much trying to make use of it.

I currently put my flavor orders on hold for a little while, but my next order with will out a doubt have more new VTA as well as VTA reorders in it. For what i have tried it is a great company and they deserve they hype they have been getting in different groups.

18 Likes

I have a few,… really hooked on rhubarb compote, shisha mango, carrot cake, and a few more.

11 Likes

Just tested the Black Liquorice SF @5 % with 2 weeks steeping.
Nice authentic one and not too sweet.
9/10 from a liquorice addict.

10 Likes

These are the flavors that I can say with confidence are a must have in your arsenal.

Carrot Cake
Creamy Custard
Honeycomb - no catpiss - gets stronger on the steep - start low low.
Lemon Meringue Tart - blows cap out of the water - solid - holds it’s flavor.
PawPaw - solid - tropical
Rhubarb Compote - great with a hint of INW Rhubarb or by itself
Shisha Mango - great mixed with FLV. or by itself
Shisha Raspberry - great mixed with a hint of INW Raspberry or by itself
Sugarloaf Pineapple - just to damn good
Toffee Ice Cream - solid
Warm Custard
Yellow Passion Fruit
Yoghurt Drink

Some other flavors I have tried that are solid, but not a must. Great to have because of Different
Banana Custard
Kiwi Fruit
Croissant
Milkshake Base
Some other Bases they have, but I have not done enough with, to recommend.

21 Likes

This is perfect!! Thanks for taking the time!!

5 Likes

no problem Bud !!

5 Likes

Has anybody got a percentage for the Warm custard SFT? Haven’t been able to work it out yet.
Thanks!

3 Likes

1.5-2.5%

Based on my taste of course. This is not what you would think as custard.

It’s more of a light vanilla sauce, poured over a strudel or a creme brulee in europe.

For me personally it works only in lighter bakeries and recipes mostly fruit, based on this being not a real heavy or any kind of custard.

Above 2.5% I get only banana, one thing that I mentioned many times with most of their creams and dairies. It won’t steep out either, but at that point it’s thicker, still no custard. Maybe it helps.

8 Likes

@eStorm yes it does help and that’s why I haven’t been able to make it work and why I asked, I was expecting a custard, not a light vanilla sauce, but you confirmed my thoughts.
As you said, more like the warm vanilla sauce they pour over the strudel/Apple pie in Austria/Germany.
Thank you!

7 Likes

Manufacturers description "Baked warm custard flavour that works well with many style recipes that require a thick creamy custard taste. This is a very universal custard without vanilla that can be used in bakery, dessert and creamy custard style recipes. A must have flavor for anyone serious about their custards. "

Suggested Usage
I’d use as a main 3%-5%, Background 1.5%-3%, Accent 0.5%-1.5%. Standalone 5%-10%
I’d use with Vanilla, Custards, Bakery, Fruits, Nuts and Creams.

5 Likes

Has anyone tried the rice base?

5 Likes
6 Likes

I have not tried it yet, I’m still Recipe testing the VTA, not even close to using half of them yet !!!

6 Likes

Trying to work up how many empty bottles I have, for some MO VTA SFT’s !!! Man, Fizzy Sherbert is a wowwer.

3 Likes