VaperVersaries ! Let's celebrate your quit date. :)

Well then congrats on the anniversary nothing like getting to pick your gift from their store.

2 Likes

And I bet it feels great!!

3 Likes

you know it! :smile:

Thanks! They are great…ordered a ton of stuff from them before and never disappointed.

3 Likes

Dayum, I forgot mine! 2-9-16 it was a year, ah well, I will celebrate next february :smiling_imp: :tada:

7 Likes

happy belated!!!

3 Likes

Tomorrow, 7/21 will be 1 year since my last puff on a cigarette.

It was kind of, by accident. I picked up a cheap-o Lava starter kit that came with some raunchy 18 mg tobacco juice. Went back to the vape shop, and picked out a better tobacco juice. the next day. It was meh, at best, but I messed with it any way. I never really took it seriously. I’d hit the Lava a few times a day, just because it was sitting there, then light up a RYO smoke.

I was surfing around, killing time, and was looking up general info on vaping. I ran across a posting somewhere, that said. ‘When you get that cigarette craving, hit your vape, and keep hitting it, until the craving goes away. When it comes back, do it again. See how many of those craving beat-backs you can string together, in a row.’

The next day, I tried that. I only had 3 cigarettes that day (down from 1.5 - 2 packs a day). The next day, another 3 cigs. The 3rd day, 3 more. The fourth day I got up made my coffee, and was really looking forward to the first ‘coffee smoke’. I was disappointed. Didn’t taste that good at all.

That was my last one. The next couple of weeks, I had cravings. mainly because I couldn’t find a tobacco juice I liked, and I tried a bunch. I heard about DIY and became a DIY sponge, reading everything I could. I started mixing my own, and never looked back. I haven’t had a cigarette craving since.

And I’m not going back.

10 Likes

amen!!! congrats on the 1yr! :fireworks:

5 Likes

Happy Happy Belated!!

4 Likes

Congrats! Here’s to the rest of your life with easier breathing. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Grats!!! :balloon:

4 Likes

Grats to everyone who has a year or more under their belt already, and for those of us who dont yet, its coming day at a time and i am excited for it! I wont have my 1 year for quite a while still, Valentines day this year I went all in on vaping and left cigarettes in the dust. Just over 5 months. Longest cigarette free i have been in 15 years.

7 Likes

Quit date Sep 5, 2009. Hard and fast - I went from cigarettes to vaping in 4 hours. Not a single cigarette since then.
2,512 days without cigarettes.
Approximately 62,800 cigarettes not smoked.
Approximately $30,615 saved by not buying cigarettes.

Now, if we add my wife into the mix, it’s a bit looser since she didn’t quit so hard and fast. But she smoked more than I did, so for her…
Quit Date December 2009
Approximately 2,422 days without cigarettes.
Approximately 100,000 cigarettes not smoked.
Approximately $47,000 saved by not buying cigarettes.

So total saving over ~7 years is 160,000+ cigarettes and over $75,000 saved.

Holy crap. I’ve never thought about this in this way.

9 Likes

I am ashamed to say that I don’t remember the exact date that I quit, but it was around mother’s day of 2014. I know that much because I quit for my kids and I haven’t looked back since. I remember that for the first week or so I was smoking and vaping but only having about 3 cigs a day. Finally I decided that I was just holding onto something that I really didn’t want anymore. I finally fully gave up the stinkies and have been vaping ever since! I love vaping! I love the freedom it gives me! It makes me sad to think that it may be taken away and that many other smokers or future smokers may never have the chance to get the help they need to quit by vaping :cry:

10 Likes

3 year Vapeversary 8-19. happy to be alive and still breathing. time really flies when you aren’t wheezing and sweating on a walk to the mailbox. hang in there everyone, it just keeps getting better.

6 Likes

Congrats to your 3 years and i hope for many more to come.

3 Likes

Congrats @2naphish on the Three years!:+1:

3 Likes

@2naphish Congratulations on being smoke free for 3 years!! That’s a massive achievement and something to be very proud of.

3 Likes

Wow! Congratulations on hitting 3 years! Impressive.

3 Likes

I’m kinda excited, I finally get to post here for my Vaperversary. Today, Sept 7 is my one year. I have to admit I’ve had a smile on my face all day long.

12 Likes

Congrats. I wish I knew my vaperversary. I was one of those smoke/vaper folks. I’m getting close enough to my diyversary and will celebrate that one.

6 Likes