Vaping companies accountability

The aglet cotton is an interesting idea. I’ll have to give it a try, when my 500 ft box of rayon runs out.

That should be about 120 years. :grin:

6 Likes

I would never use Agleted Cotton!

Instead I buy “Slacker Cotton Hardcover” by Demon Killer, because I dislike Demons. :laughing:

4 Likes

Hahah, I use them as well.

4 Likes

and does that fit in most coils inner dimension ??,

4 Likes

vapefly realized that it doesn’t and now they sell packs with 10 of each for 2.5mm, 3mm and 3.5mm or something similar

I find that even more useless than the original agletted cotton that fit only 3mm (well useless if you don’t use 3mm coils)

5 Likes

The plastic aglet, I mean hardcover is 2.5mm. Of course if you needed to you could cut the aglet off and twist the end

4 Likes

Or you could just twist the end and forget the aglet altogether?

7 Likes

That might be the next selling point “Aglet FREE Cotton”
Actually I like the aglet, makes threading the cotton easy for me, and I’m real shaky. The demon killer cotton seems right width for up to about 4mm coils.

6 Likes

And I guess I can say I was vaping on Aglet Free Cotton before it was cool!!

7 Likes

Authentic Demon Killer Slacker Cotton Organic Cotton Wick (60-Pack)
AGLET FREE

but for me i am liking the aglets:

5 Likes

5mm heat shrink tubing and my 10 years supply of cellucotton, Think I’ll make my own, I hate all that twisting the end stuff, :joy:

4 Likes

That’s precisely my thoughts. For the majority, it’s nothing more than a way to mark up the price of an already cheap item (cotton). Creative marketing at its finest.

OTOH, for the few that have dexterity issues (arthritis, etc)… This is a welcome solution I’d bet!

So while it has it’s place, but I don’t expect it to dominate the market. chuckles

4 Likes

It’s also great for beginners imo. One of my friends was vaping factory coils, worse smok, trust me I tried everything possible to get him not to use these lmao.

Anyways he always complained about them burning out so fast, I suggested a rta. Showed him how to build, wick etc. His problem was always too much or too little cotton.

So I gave him the packages of shoe lace cotton I purchased for some reviews, and now he’s very happy. Because unless it’s a different ID coil, he always has the right amount of cotton.

Less frustration till he gets the hang of it. But I do agree it’s a good marketing attempt. For the price of 10 strings, I nearly get 2 full bags of cotton lol.

5 Likes