Vaporesso tarot nano battery life

Opposed to buying the same cheap stuff from China at a B&M where you pay 40% or more mark up?

2 Likes

I completely understand. I expected some would take offense (though many might not bother mentioning it…). It is worth clarifying that if I had to choose one of the ones I’ve listed, it would definitely be Joyetech.

My problem with them (from experience) is ‘less than ideal’ switches IMO. They just don’t last as long as some others. Aside from that, they have had chipset issues, where they jump out of TC mode at various points. We’ve heard the same complaint from others in the family (using certain Joyetech chips) regardless of brand.
It even happens on my Cuboid 150, when it’s running ArcticFox. So it shouldn’t be a firmware issue, unless they’re recycling bits of code.

Regardless, I do think they’ve got some respectable products (especially if all one uses is power mode)… But if someone comes along with minimal or no experience, I prefer to steer them to something I think is going to be a solid performer in all aspects (to the best of my knowledge) including TC. So that if they grow into that arena, it’s there, even if they never use it! :wink:

I appreciate your rebuttal though! I could have mentioned why earlier, and I didn’t.

I also see Joyetech like the first tier of that family, and Wismec in second, with eleaf mopping the bargain basement. (Far too many issues with eleaf - primarily with built-in battery mods). I also agree that there’s many other companies that have their devices made by Joyetech… many with similar quality tiers and issues! :wink: There’s always a solid performer or two now and then.

Things to bear in mind:
It’s all just my general POV after all, and from a tech’s perspective. Not an end user. So I always think about what should/could be improved first.
I’m wired a little different! :wink: :laughing:

3 Likes

Peer into the mind of @Sprkslfly for a brief moment. But be brief!!! It’s a mess.

https://www.ecmweb.com/sites/ecmweb.com/files/uploads/2015/08/Crazy-Wiring-Bangkok-1.jpg

4 Likes

That advanced feature does confuse some (noobs). When using TC with a wire recognized by the device as not within the chosen TC mode parameters the device will refuse to stay in TC mode, instead it will switch to Wattage Mode.
Similar safety features are built in to detect a short and can actually cause the MOD to refuse to fire.

hehe just kidding about the (noobs), we are all noobs, The vaping industry has been here for about 11 years, Joyetech has been here since the start. Without companies like Joyetech we would still be vaping from converted flashlights.

I suspect a huge number of the “good” devices on the market are actually owned by Joyetech.

2 Likes

Thanks, have tried this today a couple of times, it died today after two hours use -not constant…

I’m just getting to those now :joy:

1 Like

That’s a bloody good run :open_mouth: Definitely worth a look!

Ahh, yep… Slowly narrowing down option tho, all good :slight_smile:

This is what I wish I had thought about when I started. I never considered the fact that I would evolve in the process. It was initially just a means to an end :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Eleaf pico 25 has 25mm tank ability, and is my go to mod. The TC is not amazing but it works. I am not convinced the temperature is consistent as I think it assumes that the coil is 20C on powerup. In the mountain I am vaping at 230C, and in the summer at 190C setting. Could be input air difference as well.

Weirdly enough, while it looks like the same firmware, my two joyetech are terrible at TC. They overdrive a lot.

1 Like

Thanks @SuperFrog
I haven’t seen the Pico 25, I’ll check it out. Or maybe I have and don’t remember…:slight_smile:
Hubby’s tank is 25mm so I had dismissed the Pico because of that but I did like the battery top load idea. Hubby works on farms and always in, out, up, down over, under stuff. I though the top load battery would be a bit more secure than a bottom load door.

1 Like

Battery does not go anywhere. it is solidely screwed on. It is nice to be able to have a spare.
Be careful, there seems to be a HW design fauilt in this mod, always unplug the usb charging port before removing the battery, as it is reported to have killed some mod.

Photo of two of my pico25 with repectively a serpent SMM (blue) and a Crius II (gold, which is 25mm)

2 Likes

Thanks for all that info and pics!
If I get it I’ll keep the usb issue in mind :slight_smile: probably just keep it in mind regardless, lol.

I should have added in my post, that I don’t use TC, or know anything about how the eVic Mini or Pico handle that task. I vape to replace smoking in my life, and found my satisfaction at 9 to 11 watts driving a 1.5 - 1.6 ohm coil, depending if I’m using my KFL+V2’s or the CLR driven Joytech tanks. When I found my groove, I stayed there. I didn’t evolve. I’m a vaping knuckle-dragger…LOL.

That design also has an added safety feature, with battery vents on the bottom of the mod. In case something does cause the battery to vent, the vents are pointed away from the user’s face.

3 Likes

A lot of the tube designs with top assembly feel a bit to me like puffing off a sabot shotgun shell.

I am still there so they seem to be generally safe in reality, I just don’t like the concept.

We don’t use TC either, hubby has just started on wattage mode, he’s at 18watts on the tarot nano but because we’re having to get another, we figure it better to future proof. And get a spare, lol.
I am still using the Icare160 AIO but it is starting to drive me batty with it’s issues and lack of flavour now that I’m DIYing. I have a VooPoo Too which I will try out when my batteries arrive.
The Icare’s have done their job, we’ve both been off the Nic (read: cigs, doh -doing too much at once) for 6months now. Yay!!

4 Likes

Hi again everyone,
Just a quick (edit: long) update:

After reading all the advice given (thankyou, thankyou, thankyou all),
I decided to take the Tarot Nano back to the shop where i bought it.

I explained the whole of the situation to them (expecting to repurchase) including the original tank & the one that was broken and let them have a look for themselves.
They too found the battery issue to be a strange occurence and noted that the puff counter had a strange symbol at the beginning of it.
They were kind enough to replace the Tarot Nano for a new one!!

Whilst there, we were chatting for a while and they suggested that the Aegis Legend might be a good choice for hubby in his line of work.
I instantly thought the same & that hubby would like it but for work it would be too big. So left with the replacement Nano.
Thankyou Dan & Narissa @ Blue Lake Vapes, Mount Gambier -South Australia.

Came home and was all over the reviews for the Legend shoed hubby and the result - went back to the shop and bought it.

I do really think thar after using it for a while hubby will get used to it and end up taking it to work anyway… we will see :slight_smile:

I would like to thank @Woftam @Mjag @Steampugs @SmilingOgre and @CosmicTruth for their reviews as they helped in making the decision.
I am aware that this mod has/had some issues other than wattage mode but at this stage that is hubbys preference & we’ll see how we go wirh the firmware uprades.
The biggest seller for hubby was the durability factor. (Yes, we also watched “https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dpax-kvRLiNA&ved=2ahUKEwjM5J2Jp8vcAhVE2LwKHV0JALMQtwIwAHoECAMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw046wRA814o1aY97GAsohnV” The Vaping Bogan’s" review.

We are still looking at a single battery replacement for the Nano for down the track so thankyou again to everyone for their input.

I would take a pic of the mod but am leaving it for hubby to open when he gets home tonight.

:slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

8 Likes

Bravo!!!

You got it down for sure! Now you’re vape shoppin! And congratulations on the replacement as well! That can also involve a degree of finesse to achieve.

Love it when a plan comes together!

4 Likes

Thanks @SmilingOgre
A lot of work but my understanding of mods has increased ten-fold over the past few days. Again many thanks to you and all that do reviews, so helpful to a noob!

Batteries are charging…
Its a long wait…
But I’m sure it will be well worth it :smile:

5 Likes

Congratulations, glad I could help, I know he will love his new MOD. And it will be less likely to fall out of his shirt pocket than other devices, so I suggest Legend over Nano for a work MOD. There is just as much work involved shopping for batteries & liquid recipes :slight_smile:
You have to admit though vaping is safer than smoking and much cheaper!

4 Likes

I have never broken a bone dropping a cigarette on my foot. I would say even the largest cigar is unlikely to hurt much.

In term of kinetic damage, vaping is much more dangerous than smoking …

3 Likes

Agreed!!

Sure is, I am buggered, lol.

Absolutely! Feels like we’ve been spending a lot lately but it doesn’t equate to anywhere near the $150 a week we were spending :open_mouth: And we both feel better, look better, don’t have a cough, chest is clearer, clothes don’t stink and today at work Hubby’s workmates kept saying how nice his vape scent was (vanilla/caramel/buterscotch) I don’t ever recall anyone saying “that smells good” to someone having a cig :joy:

4 Likes

more than welcome :wink: glad we helped :+1::dash::dash:

6 Likes