Very newbie question

I’ve just got that, smells lush, it’ll take a few weeks though apparently…I can hear it calling me from the steep shelf…:yum:

1 Like

Yes, at least two weeks. So totally worth the wait though.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what % did you mix at? I mixed at 7% with 2% fa caramel and I seriously vape it every single morning while I’m having my coffee. I have a dedicated tank just for it. :smile:

1 Like

@VapeyMama and @Hjwindsor there on my buying next to buy defo then @Samsound I will try adding if to strong but will leave to steep longer first thank you all so much guys ps I’ve been buying from the juice cabin (I’m in England by the way) are there others places that come recommended to buy from

I did
8% rocky road RF
2.5% caramel original DX TPA
2% Marshmallow CAP

I’d seen either you or someone else mention the caramel in another thread so had to give it a go :yum::+1:

2 Likes

I asked the same thing last week got lots of really good advice UK flavour suppliers

2 Likes

I’ll have a look now cheers :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Ahhh, your question takes me back a bit to those good ole days pouring batch after batch of my misconstrued interpretations of percentage down the drain. That was before there was an ELR forum and on ECF everyone was still experimenting. Lots and lots of VG and flavors down the drain.

Even when something is good to one person it may still need adjusting until it is tasty for you. I suggest small percentages starting at 1% of anything in any combo and going up or down accordingly. And yes sometimes 1% is too much and especially with FA or INW concentrates and many CAP flavors.

A lot of people on here like CAP V1 Vanilla Custard at 10% but I’m like you and it’s strong and nasty. But I’m not sure if you used V1 or V2. Either one to me is nasty at 10% and V2 at any percent. I use CAP V1 at 1% and .5% in some recipes for a little extra flavor but thats it. As for CAP V2 I had, I poured it down the sink…

1 Like

@Beaufort_Batches I can’t understand that because I really like my custard juice normally! can it be that nasty to an individual’s taste :thinking: Blimey and I bet you guys have heard this a million times I thought this was gonna be easy! :grimacing: But I wanna stick with it, I’ve been reading you can get awesome juices when you get it right

3 Likes

I did another one that you might like actually if that’s your thing…

Pralines & ice cream

Ingredient %
Marshmallow (CAP) 1
Merangue (FA) 1
Pralines and Cream (CAP) 8
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 4
Whipped Cream 2

Flavor total: 16%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
2 Likes

Yummo! Sounds tasty!

You can, that’s why I said start at 1% and go up or down. If 10% is too strong for you then I would suggest going down to at least half. Most CAP Vanilla Custard recipes I have read also have another flavor as well. I’d try CAP Vanilla Custard at 5% with TPA Dulce De Leche at 1% if I were you.

I like Vanilla Custard, I just don’t like CAPs. It’s just awful to me and there are other flavors and recipes I use if I want Vanilla Custard, which is rare. There are so many things past Vanilla Custard that I like better

You just need to be patient and experiment, a whole lot, and you will find your flavor sweet spots and you will decide what flavors you don’t care for. It just takes some time and sometimes, a lot of it. Stick with it and you get there, it just doesn’t happen overnight. Also, yes, mixing e-liquids is not a breeze.

1 Like

it smells amazin, it’ll be a week or 2 though before it’s ready, only did it today :+1:

1 Like

@Pugs1970 that does sound like something Id like to try pralines & ice cream hell yeah ! @Beaufort_Batches do you think the strawberries &I cream could work with the vanilla custard just until I get more flavors? If so what what ratio’s would you recommend try this at? Ps thank you all guys n girls this site is the biz I don’t normally do forums! But I’m glad I have everyone seem dead helpful

4 Likes

I was the same when I came here mate, thought I knew it all about vaping but I knew bugger all, best forum there is man, very welcoming and friendly, any questions you have just post it up, someone will come along and help :+1:
for the record I love CAP custard, and If I was going to do something with what you have until you get more I’d be tempted to try 7% custard, 5% strawb & Cream, leave it AT LEAST 2 weeks, taste is purely subjective and no one can tell you whether you would like it or not, it’s all trial and error until you find your flavour profile :+1:

2 Likes

Right @Pugs1970 I’m gonna try and get another batch done tonight before I go work! And I’ll try with fingers crossed for these to come right in the end and will not touch them any more just to give them and shake now and again, on the shaking and breathing subject how long and how many times a day should I do this ?

well there’s a few different ways people use to steep, you could sit it in a slow cooker (crock pot) filled with water and put on med heat for 4 hours, shaking every hour, that could give you a good start, or you use a sonic bath if you have one that’ll do a similar thing, some people use milk frothers before hand but in all honesty you can’t beat time, give it 2 weeks at least, it’ll be better after 3 or 4 though, leave it with the lid off for the first few days, give it a good shake every day…
and leave it alone! lol …hardest thing ever :wink:

and leave it alone! lol …hardest thing ever I second that remark! Finding it so hard to let stuff steep as a new starter I want something new all the time!

1 Like

once you get the first month out of the way mate it’ll be plain sailin, make in advance! and make enough!
Search for good shake n vape recipes to tide you over while your creams/custards steep.
I always found a nice menthol is a good S&V and gives a good throat hit but everyone’s different man,
That first month is killer lol :wink:

1 Like

Yep that’s gonna be the hardest thing with me waiting but hopefully be worth it, the only question I have about leaving the top off for a couple of days because I have a low Nic in ml will it be none exsistant after a few days ? and yeah I’ll be in on the hunt for some shake n vape recipes! I’ve been looking at butter cream,Capt crunch berries,dulce de leche,graham cracker,sweet cream,sweet strawberry,vanilla bean ice cream and waffle and the others mentioned earlier there all cap apart from fw Capt crunch berries would this be a good starting point to go off for flavors? and there is a recipe I would really like to try with these in