Vg nic help!

Accidentally ordered 250ml of 100mg VG nic…I’ve always used PG base before. This stuff if sooo thick, especially out of the fridge. Any advice on mixing with this? I’m using blunt nose syringes to “draw” the nic from my container and it is a pain.
I do have some handy advice tho, I keep a pail of clean, warm water by me when I mix. It’s a great way to warm your VG base to make it more workable. I would do this with my nic but I don’t want to repeatedly warm it up and cool it again for oxidation reasons.

1 Like

split it into 2 bottles / add 50%pg to it and now you have a 50/50 50mg / ml nicotine base that will be easier to work with - just remember to double your nic addition in your recipes as it will no longer be 100mg /ml…

4 Likes

Add 25ml water and you going to have 90.9mg/ml and this is very easy to use. If I calc it right.

Edit: Probable this is a bad idea. The water will make the nicotine oxidize quickly.

1 Like

Good advice! That will make it much thinner and I can just switch my settings on the calculator to adjust. Thanks!

3 Likes

That would work too @Laberythm. Have you tried this?

2 Likes

Just edit it you going to have 90.9mg/ml
I dilute my VG nic with VG with no water because it doesn’t bother if it is thick. When I become with 22mg/ml nic then I diluted it with water 10% to mix with it. This how I know that is going to work.

2 Likes

I made that mistake once ordered vg instead of pg, never again.

Used a 1 mil syringe with the biggest gauge blunt needle I had. Sucked when I was needing 3 and 4 mil of nic but was easier than using a 5 or 10 mil syringe.

2 Likes

I would NOT add water … JMO

4 Likes

Water probable is bad idea. The water will make the nicotine oxidize quickly. @Brandolf

2 Likes

100% VG Nic is all I use. Whatever you decide to do, shake the bejeesus out of it first. I just separate it into 120mL glass bottles (no headspace), and store in the freezer. I keep one small squeeze bottle in the fridge that I refill from my freezer stock when it gets low. I pull it out of the fridge about 15 minutes before I mix and shake well.

1 Like

i keep my nic just in my closet…as long you keep it away from sunlight and heat you don’t have a problem with it…
you can also buy a volumetric tube or using a syringe for measuring the amounts you need for this… in general you don’t need really any special advice for it…

since it’s a sooo high vg is always good using gloves and glasses when handling it…
with a syringe, just pour or pull out the amounth you need…
store it away from sunligh and heat as you would do just with any kind of nic…

2 Likes

Good advice! I could then even warm it in my water bath method if I re-bottled it in a much smaller bottle (say 25ml). If the first small nottle gets funky before I use it up from temp change, I won’t do it again (or use an even smaller bottle)

1 Like

If you go the squeeze bottle and scale route, it should work out fine. VG and syringes never worked that well for me, although a larger one and no needle, does feed VG OK.

The scale method is just too easy though.

1 Like

Yeah man, scale is the way to go! Never thought of just taking the needle off. That would help to transfer to smaller bottle if nothing else.

2 Likes

pour off into smaller bottle that doesn’t go in fridge

1 Like

I use a 12g blunt needle and a 3ml syringe. Not a problem for me.

2 Likes